Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Most of the Rodgers fatigue--to me--centers around the fact that he can't get it done in the postseason anymore.  He shrivels under the lights and doesn't make the big plays needed to win games.  The best you can say is "he doesn't lose them", and that's highly debatable.  However, it becomes insurmountable when he's the highest paid player in the league with millions of fans ignoring his faults and declining ability with a #Back2BackMVP chant.

Understandable. I guess I only consider Rodgers fatigue based on the offseason.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gute said that when they gave Aaron that new deal it definitely wasn't just for one year .. at least on their end,  I kind of put that retirement/trade talk all on Aaron.  I think the Packers were planning to be all in on Aaron for the duration of that contract, but Aaron may now have different plans.

GMs say stuff like that all the time. The contract was clearly set up to give the Packers cap space in 2022 and trade flexibility in 2023, but in no way did it give any indication that Rodgers would be a Packer for life.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Most of the Rodgers fatigue--to me--centers around the fact that he can't get it done in the postseason anymore.  He shrivels under the lights and doesn't make the big plays needed to win games.  The best you can say is "he doesn't lose them", and that's highly debatable.  However, it becomes insurmountable when he's the highest paid player in the league with millions of fans ignoring his faults and declining ability with a #Back2BackMVP chant.

While I agree with his inability to get it done in the playoffs. The problem for me was the same as Favre. Rodgers became bigger than the team in his own mind. He not only wanted to be the quarterback, but he wanted to be involved in the construction of the team. He wanted certain guys on his roster to make him feel better.

I'm done with any player when they go that route. Time to move on and has been for a while. 

36 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. this is a big part of why I want him gone as well.  When you make the kind of loot he makes you got to play your best in big games, and he doesn't do that often enough.  He shrinks in the cold now more often than not.

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

• Like 2

The past is the past and it should be considered, but for me it's about what are you getting going forward.  I'm not convinced this defense is going to flip a switch and play lights out under Barry.  We got questions at safety going into next year. I'm not convinced these WRs will be on the same page with Rodgers, they'll be better but enough to go deep in the playoffs?   Too many questions to run it back and run deep into the playoffs and that's what's important.  I love Rodgers and what he's brought to Green Bay, but its time.

If you can't beat the Lions at Lambeau in a must win game to get to the playoffs, it's time.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

While I agree with his inability to get it done in the playoffs. The problem for me was the same as Favre. Rodgers became bigger than the team in his own mind. He not only wanted to be the quarterback, but he wanted to be involved in the construction of the team. He wanted certain guys on his roster to make him feel better.

I'm done with any player when they go that route. Time to move on and has been for a while. 

He wanted what literally every other great QB had. They have all come out and said they had some say in things like that. To act like one of the best ever wouldn't have valuable input on the roster is hilarious.

People cried about Cobb and he was our most consistent wr for part of the year, that's how pathetic our wrs are. I can't imagine why Aaron would want say on things like, especially after Gute proved unable to get a single legit wr via draft or trade.

Manning, Brady, Brees the list goes on all saying how green Bay had it set up was insane. Imagine giving all that power to Gute who proceeds to crash the ship into a glacier and keep his job. The one downside of no owner. 

Edited by PackFan13

3 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Trade him for the most you can get, hopefully with most picks at least a year out to avoid gute wasting even more. watch Love and the team suck next year, fire gute for slamming the window shut and completely reset the coaches. Best case scenario

And I will ask you, why don't you like Jordan Love?

7 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Trade him for the most you can get, hopefully with most picks at least a year out to avoid gute wasting even more. watch Love and the team suck next year, fire gute for slamming the window shut and completely reset the coaches. Best case scenario

I'm pretty sure the best case scenario is that Love is a future hall of famer and the packers win the super bowl next year

On 2/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, Old Guy said:

I'm the only one in this camp, but I'm sending Bak and Jones with Rodgers and getting much more. Full disclosure, I always overvalue our players in trades. No conditional picks though. 

If you are trading for a 39-year-old quarterback, it's to win now. You are not giving up any assets from your current roster of any value. 

That's what I said. They can keep everything for 2023. Get picks in 2024 and 2025. Extra ammo in case Love flops 

2 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

That's what I said. They can keep everything for 2023. Get picks in 2024 and 2025. Extra ammo in case Love flops 

What do we think Bakh and Jones trade value is?

Bakh, we eat 23m in dead cap. So new team is getting a top LT for 19m/yr

Jones, we eat 9.5m in dead cap. So new new is getting a top RB for 13m/yr

I think best case scenario we get a late 1st for Bakh. Worst case a 2nd and a 4th

For Jones, best case scenario I think is a 2nd.

I'm on the fence whether i want to keep them or not. I wanna give Love the best chance to succeed and a top LT and RB would help him immensely. On the other hand, I know we aren't competing for a SB next year and the trade would significantly help the future outlook of the team. 

6 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

What do we think Bakh and Jones trade value is?

Bakh, we eat 23m in dead cap. So new team is getting a top LT for 19m/yr

Jones, we eat 9.5m in dead cap. So new new is getting a top RB for 13m/yr

I think best case scenario we get a late 1st for Bakh. Worst case a 2nd and a 4th

For Jones, best case scenario I think is a 2nd.

I'm on the fence whether i want to keep them or not. I wanna give Love the best chance to succeed and a top LT and RB would help him immensely. On the other hand, I know we aren't competing for a SB next year and the trade would significantly help the future outlook of the team. 

I don't like idea of stripping the team. Rodgers trade and the Adams trade should give us enough extra capital to jumpstart the reload and enhance the outlook for the long term