Zach Wilson back as starting QB for the Jets with Mike White injured

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How are you supposed to see who else on the team has situational awareness when the QB doesn't? Flacco sucks, but he'll run the play. He fits. That's what I'm trying to say.

I know, and as someone forced to watch Flacco play in 4 games this year, Flacco cannot run the play - that's what I'm trying to say. No matter how poor of a QB Zach is, Flacco being on the field is worse.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The cornball answer is: everyone, it's always better to try to find some value out of dead rubber games than no value

But seriously, Wilson is a first round pick, those reps absolutely matter for him. And RBs are entirely replaceable, in this NFL, you can practically find a decent one in a dumpster if you keep looking. Agreed they've got a rotation of meh now, but that means they need to churn their roster and find someone else who's worth a shot. I get the temptation to give up and punt for the draft, but yeah you definitely can find something positive.

This also indirectly applies to the defense as well. When the offense never pulls their weight and the defense gets gassed, that's when the bad film of lineman not running the ball down or hustling pops up. We don't correct guys' effort on film for how many snaps they've played.

Wait, are we of the mindset that NY is dead in the water right now?

NE’s going to lose their place, the Jets just need to stay ahead of the Chargers against a solid but not unbeatable schedule.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Wait, are we of the mindset that NY is dead in the water right now?

NE’s going to lose their place, the Jets just need to stay ahead of the Chargers against a solid but not unbeatable schedule.

I was assuming one of the Pats/Chargers would go in the last spot, yeah. The Jets pretty much need to win out IMO.

Also they're behind the Chargers on tiebreakers aren't they?

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was assuming one of the Pats/Chargers would go in the last spot, yeah. The Jets pretty much need to win out IMO.

Yeah, its a tough road for the Jets. It's not out of sight if we lose, but given LAC's schedule, it might as well be.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, its a tough road for the Jets. It's not out of sight if we lose, but given LAC's schedule, it might as well be.

Of course, this also sets up the scenario where the Chargers have to do the absolute bare minimum and they can stroll right into the playoffs. So they'll inevitably **** it up.

50 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

IIRC they’re behind the Chargers with tiebreakers, NE too but NE has an absolute gauntlet to finish. Other than the Raiders.

5 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I know, and as someone forced to watch Flacco play in 4 games this year, Flacco cannot run the play - that's what I'm trying to say. No matter how poor of a QB Zach is, Flacco being on the field is worse.

cannot echo this enough. 

also, in terms of playoffs, are we sure that Miami makes the playoffs 

On 12/16/2022 at 2:44 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Of course, this also sets up the scenario where the Chargers have to do the absolute bare minimum and they can stroll right into the playoffs. So they'll inevitably **** it up.

Chargers do not play another team this season with more than 5 wins. They win and they are in and set up for first matchup to be the “Winner” of the AFC South. 

All that said Chargers gonna Charge and go 1-2 down the last 3. 

3 hours ago, Leoric said:

Chargers do not play another team this season with more than 5 wins. They win and they are in and set up for first matchup to be the “Winner” of the AFC South. 

All that said Chargers gonna Charge and go 1-2 down the last 3. 

It wouldnt be the worse thing to miss the playoffs. Especially if Sean Payton wants to be here. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 2:35 PM, NJerseypaint said:

I already did a deep statistical dive on this like a month and a half ago, but all of this is just objectively false from a statistical perspective. Nearly every single stat for the Jets offense was much higher with Flacco than Zach Wilson.

And this isn't me saying Flacco was good, he wasn't, it's just that Zach Wilson was that bad.