Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

The play is nice but on a 4th and short? Defenders are naturally looking for run on that down. 

I would argue its the best time to use it. Most of the time the Defense will collapse on the ball carrier or hedge the bets to take away the pitch. In this case we didn't execute but especially on such short distances these types of plays usually will allow you to pick up those 1 or 2 yards you need.

• Like 1

Just not recognizing these blitzes quickly enough. The offense is a tad bit off at the moment. Wasted great field position. 

Washington's offensive game plan is pretty clear at this point. Pound the crap out of the ball and then take some deep shots. They may start one of these drives with a PA deep shot so I hope the defense is ready for that. 

Just now, Justone2 said:

We really need to upgrade at RT but i am not sure there is any way we actually can even if we focus on it in FA or the draft.

Mike McG is just good enough of a player to get overpaid by a bad team that has a bunch of money that actually manages to field worse than McG 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Mike McG is just good enough of a player to get overpaid by a bad team that has a bunch of money that actually manages to field worse than McG 

Yeah he is a great run blocker no doubt and just that is worth something. But the guy just has so many lapses in pass pro that its hard to extend him. But looking at the upcoming class i am not sure we will be able to replace him with anything that will actually be a overal upgrade. Like we will almost surely suffer in the run blocking but pass blocking will probably improve. 

• Like 1