Week 16 Thread: (7-6-1) Commanders vs (10-4) 49ers - 4:05 PM CBS

MikeT14

On 12/25/2022 at 3:22 AM, IHatesnyder said:

TH should not start again for us idc what happens from here and now I rather just roll with SH or CW. 1-2 turn overs are killing us and he isn’t even using his mobility like some of us thought .

I turned on TH last yr. He is a backup. Not sold on Wentz either. But to be fair the the OL in regards to pass protection is has been one of several major concern for me this season. Wentz or TH really don't have a chance on a consistent bases. It all starts in the trenches and we definitely need to draft or sign some O Lineman to improve in this area. We have some weapons so improving the OL is a must. Concur about the TO and you can add penalties also. These mishaps always seems to kill us. 

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Sadly, Forrest played his worst game of the season in the biggest game of the season so far & that’s hard for me to say bc he’s become my favorite defender.

In a press conference Forrest toke the blame for one of Kittle TD's. But you know what @turtle28 his mistake on the flip side shows what we really lack at the TE position. Another area that needs and up grade next season.

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

In a press conference Forrest toke the blame for one of Kittle TD's. But you know what @turtle28 his mistake on the flip side shows what we really lack at the TE position. Another area that needs and up grade next season.

Not really, we have talent at the position. Logan can still play & Cole Turner can stretch the field he just didn’t get many opportunities to do so as a rookie. Even if we cut Logan - which I don’t think we will - I’m comfortable w/ Turner being a good receiving TE w/ Bates being the blocker & the versatile Amari Rogers as the #3.

Now I wouldn’t pass on Mayer if he’s available when we draft in round 1 or Darnell Washington (GA) in round 2 if he’s available but TE is not a must need hole to fix. Guard, Center & CB are bigger needs and a QB still unless Carson plays good the final 2 games & then in the playoffs if we make it.

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not really, we have talent at the position. Logan can still play & Cole Turner can stretch the field he just didn’t get many opportunities to do so as a rookie. Even if we cut Logan - which I don’t think we will - I’m comfortable w/ Turner being a good receiving TE w/ Bates being the blocker & the versatile Amari Rogers as the #3.

Now I wouldn’t pass on Mayer if he’s available when we draft in round 1 or Darnell Washington (GA) in round 2 if he’s available but TE is not a must need hole to fix. Guard, Center & CB are bigger needs and a QB still unless Carson plays good the final 2 games & then in the playoffs if we make it.

Okay you right I forgot about Turner. We need to let him play more. He seems to be more athletic. No need to draft your aforementioned TE. But it is an area that bares watching. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

PFF grades are so full of salt…….if the folks doing the grading were so good at their job, they would be working for college or NFL teams. 

kurt angle wrestling GIF by WWE

Very true & whenever they explain their grading system, I’m like well that makes no sense! 😂 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sadly, Forrest played his worst game of the season in the biggest game of the season so far & that’s hard for me to say bc he’s become my favorite defender.

Forrest can have a bad game without Curl it happens in your first year teams adjust and he just had some bad angles moments and he will fix it

• Like 1

I was real happy with the way Chase looked, it seems they may have done it right with him and he looks like he's healthy. First few plays were questionable and then he got in on a tackle and he was ready to go again. Missing Kam Curl is clearly a major problem for us because he's been out in 3 out of 4 of the games in which the defense gave up the most points of the year. He needs to get paid. 

The offensive line is atrocious. It's reverting back to the way they were playing at the beginning of the season. Obviously Taylor is more mobile than Carson, but it's pretty clear that the Oline was in fact playing better when Taylor started playing, because he's been getting sacked a ton the past few weeks. Myles Garrett is about to abuse Leno and I'm simply not looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scott Land said:

I was real happy with the way Chase looked, it seems they may have done it right with him and he looks like he's healthy. First few plays were questionable and then he got in on a tackle and he was ready to go again. Missing Kam Curl is clearly a major problem for us because he's been out in 3 out of 4 of the games in which the defense gave up the most points of the year. He needs to get paid. 

The offensive line is atrocious. It's reverting back to the way they were playing at the beginning of the season. Obviously Taylor is more mobile than Carson, but it's pretty clear that the Oline was in fact playing better when Taylor started playing, because he's been getting sacked a ton the past few weeks. Myles Garrett is about to abuse Leno and I'm simply not looking forward to it. 

If I’m Scotty Turner, I have Logan Thomas line up on the left side all game & I chip Myles Garrett coming off the line. Then, on passing plays, I have BRob or Gibby chip Myles Garrett on their way out to the flat route or towards to middle for their option route.

Basically, we’re triple teaming Garrett. We’re chipping him twice on pass plays & Leno is blocking him straight up. There’s not one play all game where a TE is going 1 on 1 w/ Garrett, Not ONE!

They should’ve done the same vs Thibodeaux & Bosa the last 3 weeks too. If they had & we get the officials to call a fair game, we may have won 2 of the last 3 games or all 3.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If I’m Scotty Turner, I have Logan Thomas line up on the left side all game & I chip Myles Garrett coming off the line. Then, on passing plays, I have BRob or Gibby chip Myles Garrett on their way out to the flat route or towards to middle for their option route.

Basically, we’re triple teaming Garrett. We’re chipping him twice on pass plays & Leno is blocking him straight up. There’s not one play all game where a TE is going 1 on 1 w/ Garrett, Not ONE!

They should’ve done the same vs Thibodeaux & Bosa the last 3 weeks too. If they had & we get the officials to call a fair game, we may have won 2 of the last 3 games or all 3.

I'm starting to grow tired of Logan Thomas. I used to think he was very underrated but he seems like he's lost a step if not 2 after his injury last year. I think Bates is a phenomenal blocker and they should be using him to help block more, but nonetheless, I agree with you. I know you've seen how teams block Chase Young and how he's getting chipped at all times and doubled and triple teamed, why don't we ever scheme up anything like that against other teams?

6 hours ago, Scott Land said:

I'm starting to grow tired of Logan Thomas. I used to think he was very underrated but he seems like he's lost a step if not 2 after his injury last year. I think Bates is a phenomenal blocker and they should be using him to help block more, but nonetheless, I agree with you. I know you've seen how teams block Chase Young and how he's getting chipped at all times and doubled and triple teamed, why don't we ever scheme up anything like that against other teams?

Logan is fine, our QBs just have missed him high & outside. Both of our QBs are rather inaccurate.