Week 16 Thread: (7-6-1) Commanders vs (10-4) 49ers - 4:05 PM CBS

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Of all of the things that happened today……criticizing Chase Young on his first game back, after a knee injury that was likely worse than they led on (and the ole’ reliable press leaks indicated this was indeed true) is peak Redskins fan base. 

Well indefense too, he made some good plays. I think I’m stuck in comments between an overall and a game

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

One hundred percent he’s the TE eraser!!! And he’s usually the dynamic pass catching back eraser. Kam Curl is about more then INT’s and numbers he’s a X factor on the field. I believe he’s our best player he just isn’t a getting the take aways this year but you can see the difference in the defense for sure he’s a game wrecker.

• Like 2

They can’t allow Rivera to bring Wentz back next year. I honestly didn’t think Heinicke was bad and have no clue why he benched him but I’m guessing he was going to do it regardless. I would assume this season is all but over now with him putting Wentz back in. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They can’t allow Rivera to bring Wentz back next year. I honestly didn’t think Heinicke was bad and have no clue why he benched him but I’m guessing he was going to do it regardless. I would assume this season is all but over now with him putting Wentz back in. 

The problem was that Rivera put Heinicke on notice. If Heinicke had his career moment, he would have stayed. He made some really bad plays in the 2nd half. He had some nice throws, but two turnovers did him in. 

Hopefully Wentz learned from watching Heinicke run the offense. I have a strong feeling that having a decent run game will make a big difference. 

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

In 2021 Chase was more impactful than the stats show but I get it that’s what everyone looks for. He had a ton of pressures, he played the run well & he was very close to having around 10 sacks in 8 games started & finished. He also had 2 sacks taken away on bogus roughing the passer calls. And he almost intercepted Aaron Rodgers similar to how he almost intercepted Purdy today. 

Let’s see how Chase plays next year after he’s back 100% from this knee injury.

I actually disagree that Chase has never terrorized teams like Bosa has done. Chase did a lot of that in Dec of 2017. Have we forgotten the last time we played San Fran? Chase was everywhere, he couldn’t he blocked & he returned a fumble for a TD.

I guess that’s why they say patience is a virtue.

LOL. No. He wasn't. And here's a snippet of why he wasn't. He was a glory hound last year and as a result was playing undisciplined football. Our D line play got better overall when he got injured.

As for when we played San Fran (NOT in 2017 BTW), he didn't really terrorize the 49ers as much as I saw Bosa do us. He had a GREAT game, for sure. But nowhere near the "generational talent" level I was expecting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I thought Chase Young played well today in limited snaps. He looked comfortable out there. He played well within the system. I know I saw him on at least one tackle and a pass defense at the line. I thought that was a good season debut.

He was much better than last year's Chase Young. That's for sure.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Based off Chase’s first game back after tearing patella tendon which ended Adam Carriker’s career a decade ago & also returning from a torn ACL.

Let’s see what Chase does next year. Then we can determine if he’s worth retaining.

I'm not talking about today. I'm talking about how Chase played his rookie season, and last year before he got hurt. Bosa has played much better.

I'm not criticizing him for getting injured. Nor am I criticizing him for his play today. I thought he played quite well and was definitely getting close to being back to 100%. I'm just criticizing the "generational talent" label people placed on him. I think that applies to Bosa, and not Chase. I think Chase is a good/great player. I don't think he's on the same level as Bosa.

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They benched Heinicke so that they can blame him instead of the coaches. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He’s 23-years old and coming off a major knee injury. He was very good his rookie year. Mediocre along with the entire defense his second year. I’d give him some time before deciding he isn’t 

Yes, he was very good his rookie year. 

I think he was below mediocre last year because he was undisciplined and glory hunting. 

We have, I think, until this coming May before we have to commit to his 5th year (have to do it after the 3rd year). My bet is that we will commit to it. But that's not a lot of time to decide if the guy is going to be THE guy for the next 10 years. If it were me, I'd keep him. I think he has great talent and makes a lot of plays. But his poor play last year and missing almost all of this year, really hasn't given us much to work on before we commit to the 5th year option. I've soured on him, but not because of his injury. It is what it is and I can't blame a guy especially with that type of injury. I'm just speaking current issues and the current issue is that we really haven't seen enough of him to know if he is going to be that "generational talent". What I've seen so far says no. Instead I think he's a Pro Bowl type of player (not every year though) that can man that position for a long time. I just want to pump the brakes on the GT hype given what I've watched Bosa do this year (and in past years)