Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

1 hour ago, SkolMasterMN said:

You sound very confident. At the end of the day, it's been very amusing watching Peter Bukowski and many other Packer fans get so rattled over our 12-3 squad. It's all in good fun man. We know you don't like the Vikings, and we don't like the Packers. It's some friendly trash talk. Some people take it too far or personal for sure.

Peter Bukowski is an idiot who knows little about football and has basically studied at the Colin Cowherd school for talking about sports. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Our skill position players haven't had much injuries, but we've had key injuries in our secondary, and on our O-Line throughout the year. We have not been exceptionally healthy.

It's crazy how so many people are trying to find an explanation for our 12-3 record. Maybe we are just... good? 

Good at being average.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

You sound very confident. At the end of the day, it's been very amusing watching Peter Bukowski and many other Packer fans get so rattled over our 12-3 squad. It's all in good fun man. We know you don't like the Vikings, and we don't like the Packers. It's some friendly trash talk. Some people take it too far or personal for sure.

It's all in good fun is right.  At least you get it.  But a Viking fan posting in a Packer forum can expect some trash talk.  Civil discourse is not allowed. Yah I'm pretty confident the Vikings will not make it beyond the divisional round.  Achilles heal is the defense.  As for taking it personal well that's a little over the top.  Don't know any Packer fans that are rattled by the Vikings.  They are not good enough.  San Francisco well that is another matter. 

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 1

Bak is back so we should see:

69 74 71 76 73

That could be a stout line. 70 back to backup role which is fine, I might try some XL lineups with 89 and 50 at TE. Let’s run these jokers into the ground. Tom has a ways to go but has earned some pt and can definitely move out there. Get him blocking downfield and catching lobs in the red zone. 

Edited by Refugee

46 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Bak is back so we should see:

69 74 71 76 73

That could be a stout line. 70 back to backup role which is fine, I might try some XL lineups with 89 and 50 at TE. Let’s run these jokers into the ground. Tom has a ways to go but has earned some pt and can definitely move out there. Get him blocking downfield and catching lobs in the red zone. 

I think 50 would back up 73 not........

See the source image

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Been out of the loop somewhat. Could somebody bring me up to date on prospects for Watson (and our other playmakers) actually playing on Sunday?

Watson allegedly practiced today. He and Nixon are questionable, the rest are good to go. 

Bradbury, their center and Lynch a NT are out for them. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

In a normal situation I don't think Nixon would be playing. But in a do or die situation like this, if they think he can contribute, he'll play. One big return could be the difference between making the playoffs or not. 

I think Nixon has to be smart about it though. He has a chance to make some decent money if he's healthy this offseason. For a guy who hasn't made a ton, I can understand it he wanted to proceed with caution. 

3 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

That's fine if you do that, however I will form an opinion based off of wins, as the super bowl is determined by wins and not DVOA.

Championships aren't as important as having a high DVOA though!!!!

(I'm literally cringing at that talking point)

But I'm not here to start anything. I'm just...wow.