Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Lol you came into another forum to defend a team you don't even root for my God

office-ryan.gif

Who… cares? Again, you have made zero good points about literally anything at all. 

It’s a forum about discussing football. Felt like discussing these two teams. It’s realllllly that simple.

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Thank you! So, the answer is no. This is a historic year for the Vikings. Put another way, the luckiest team in NFL history. 

Week 1, when they beat us was their only win by more than 1 score. 

I'll remind you that saying a team with that scoring differential and being 11-0 in 1 score games is lucky is a lazy take.  You are not seeing the grit and battle harder than most ability the Vikings have.  

Aka....another way to say lucky

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Lol when we drafted Degura a guy posted that "deguras dad married my wife" and it's been a running joke since

I missed that or forgot about it because I'm old. That is funny though. I had to read it three times to make sure what I read to accurate. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Love his attitude so much

Its what the packers need

I get mad at him now and again, but he really should be put on an opponents #1 WR every week.  He's an awesome player and stepped up to the challenge in a big way tonight.  He should be on Aman Ra all game next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol when we drafted Degura a guy posted that "deguras dad married my wife" and it's been a running joke since

His dad was the dude that did the ceremony at my wife and I's wedding.  I posted that he married my wife and I not really thinking about how that sounded.  

What I should have said was that after my wife had seen Josiah naked, we asked his dad to marry us both.  

Because my wife babysat Josiah as an infant of course. 

Yeah I'm going to bed

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s one game. Lol. That supposed top 10 DVOA is still on the outside looking in. Wonder why. 

you don't have to wonder. the answer is known.

the answer is that there are far better metrics of measuring how good a team is than their record. Not infrequently, teams' records are not very indicative of their real ability due to many variables. Far more of which are captured in DVOA than are in the W/L column.

One only needs to not be stupid to understand this after it's been repeatedly pointed out to them.

Just now, KFP7 said:

There is one massive blunder from the Pack today:

When Jefferson was on our sideline surrounded, every single player, coach, camera-dude, medical dude, and anyone else should have all done the Griddy. 

i would have never forgotten that if they had all simultaneously done that around him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

His dad was the dude that did the ceremony at my wife and I's wedding.  I posted that he married my wife and I not really thinking about how that sounded.  

What I should have said was that after my wife had seen Josiah naked, we asked his dad to marry us both.  

Because my wife babysat Josiah as an infant of course. 

Yeah I'm going to bed

Haha we knew what you meant. It was just funny. So is this

• Like 1