Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Pick Me I Know GIF by Jackie James

Grit?

I love how I actively avoided this word with you and explained in detail what I meant because you completely missed the point because of being hung up on one word. And you’re still doing it as if you’re being clever or something — turns out you’re just highlighting your continued misunderstanding. Keep taking pride in your laughably bad reading comprehension lol. Definitely something to show off.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

that is exactly the scenario that was at hand you just don't like context or reason.

I’ve been looking for context and reasoning for you this whole time. I’m glad you’re actually making the attempt, but painting a 60 yard field goal as an automatic opportunity that was missed out on is definitely, definitely not it. Don’t equate a 60+ yard FG attempt and the phrase ‘probable bad outcome’ together unless you’re talking about the team making the attempt. No one in their right minds think 60+ yard field goal attempts should be automatic. You’re being incredibly irrational.

Edited by NoFlyZone

On 1/2/2023 at 7:23 PM, NoFlyZone said:

It is. I have never seen one area of the forum so obsessed with it. Telling for a team that has little else to go on with still being out of the playoffs with just one left to play. Meanwhile you convince yourselves that your team is better than the one who took care of business and had the playoffs pretty much on lock a long time ago. It’s ridiculous. 

DVOA as a measurement of a team is utilized in a lot more places than just this subforum. As a note, it's also been used by folks here against the Packers to show they were fraudulent AND lucky (2019 being the most obvious example).

Plus, the Packers current record/playoff standing (which you keep bringing up as if it's relevant) really has no bearing in terms of whether or not it's a valid set of stats to use. It also doesn't invalidate any commentary folks here may have on the Vikings, who have run awfully lucky in spots this season. In a year of even just above average luck, they'd be in the 10-6 to 8-8 muddled mess of a range that most of the NFC is in right now. 

Edited by Striker
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’ve been looking for context and reasoning for you this whole time. I’m glad you’re actually making the attempt, but painting a 60 yard field goal as an automatic opportunity that was missed out on is definitely, definitely not it. Don’t equate a 60+ yard FG attempt and the phrase ‘probable bad outcome’ together unless you’re talking about the team making the attempt. No one in their right minds think 60+ yard field goal attempts should be automatic. You’re being incredibly irrational.

You are confusing 'probability' and 'probable'. 

You have repeatedly used the term 'automatic'. And you’re still doing it as if you’re being clever or something — turns out you’re just highlighting your continued misunderstanding.

• Like 1

By record, the Vikings are the better team. By stats (and probably by personnel) the Packers are a better team who spent too much of the early part of this season ******* around and finding out.

Both teams have been absurdly lucky in different ways this season. The Vikings with a number of their wins and the Packers that the other Wild Card teams decided to screw up as much as they did to even have a shot. 

44 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I love how I actively avoided this word with you and explained in detail what I meant because you completely missed the point because of being hung up on one word. And you’re still doing it as if you’re being clever or something — turns out you’re just highlighting your continued misunderstanding. Keep taking pride in your laughably bad reading comprehension lol. Definitely something to show off.

how are you measuring the "grit and battle harder than most"?

maybe you can actually give this an effort rather than continuing to side step it for the better part of a week

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

how are you measuring the "grit and battle harder than most"?

maybe you can actually give this an effort rather than continuing to side step it for the better part of a week

I literally answered you about this once if not twice already in this very thread with direct quotes. I never side stepped anything, you apparently just didn’t get it (shocker). Maybe I’ll copy and paste what I said… though I shouldn’t have to do that. I think I have reiterated my point here a million different times to a multitude of different people. Think the length of my posts alone should tell you I haven’t been sitting here just saying they have grit. I think I used that word twice — if you’d bother to read at all you’d think you would be able to see that. 

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

You are confusing 'probability' and 'probable'. 

You have repeatedly used the term 'automatic'. And you’re still doing it as if you’re being clever or something — turns out you’re just highlighting your continued misunderstanding.

Alright, you have nothing to offer to the conversation. It’s cool. If you can’t even address what I’m saying don’t even waste the time. 
Especially if you’re going say something as stupid as probable =\= probability when literally talking about the probability of making a 60+ yard field goal. You’re acting like it’s routine and that Minnesota lucked out that a kicker missed from 60+ as if he had lined up for an XP or something. It’s ridiculous. This is a very strange part of the forum. At least you can try and feel smart in an echo chamber with the sheer number of people that want to parrot the same bs. 

Edited by NoFlyZone