Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Again you’re getting wayyy too hung up on literally one word that I said forever ago. I mean, I have posted a TON of content here explaining why I feel the way that I do. Literally just had a bunch of people complaining that I wrote too much. It shouldn’t be so hard to figure out why I have the opinion that I do when I’ve beaten the topic to death already. 
I don’t really care to find a way to explain to you how to statistically measure a team’s “grit” (how about 11-0 in one score games, largest comeback victory ever) because I haven’t been here trumpeting that take. I used the word literally once or twice and have posted a lot of content about my overall opinion since already explaining what I meant to you last week. Why we can’t leave it at that is beyond me. I haven’t been side stepping anything — clearly I don’t mind discussing things. What you’re asking for is kind of irrelevant, though… because you’re getting extremely hung up on the use of one, singular word I used over a week ago and you’re letting that cause you to miss 99.999% of the actual intended message. Can we.. maybe not do that? Truly not sure why this has been such a point of obsession for you.

So you use a lot of rambling words to avoid explaining how you measure "grit or battle harder".

It's like a lazy explanation of a team that has been very fortunate ( lucky) in 1 score games in 2022

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So you use a lot of rambling words to avoid explaining how you measure "grit or battle harder".

It's like a lazy explanation of a team that has been very fortunate ( lucky) in 1 score games in 2022

It’s like you don’t read a word that is said to you or you’re painfully determined to miss the point. Not going to just keep repeating myself here when you’re going to do this for a week straight. I reallllly don’t care enough. At the end of the day you wish your team was in the spot the Vikings have supposedly struggled their win into. If you’re lucky your team will struggle their way into the playoffs. Think the Vikings have been fairly happy to be where they’re at by comparison. End of story.

Edited by NoFlyZone

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I literally work PMs/ nights at a hospital as an RN… but sure, make the assumption that I need to “move out of my mom’s basement” just because I took a short amount of time to thoroughly explain myself in an effort to clear up the abundance of misunderstanding that has been shown by you guys over here. I’m sure it was a lot of words for you personally, but it absolutely did not take me long to write. 

Ultimately I didn’t ask you to read it. Frankly if you’re going to demonstrate the literacy of an elementary school student in not knowing the simple difference between the words ‘to’ and ‘too’ I’m not expecting much, anyway. Wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself simply trying to read. So feel free to not bother responding, either… which is definitely what you should have done in  the first place.

We need more RNs, work more nights and post less.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s like you don’t read a word that is said to you or you’re painfully determined to miss the point. Not going to just keep repeating myself here when you’re going to do this for a week straight. I reallllly don’t care enough. At the end of the day you wish your team was in the spot the Vikings have supposedly struggled their win into. If you’re lucky your team will struggle their way into the playoffs. Think the Vikings have been fairly happy to be where they’re at by comparison. End of story.

Then what have you been doing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sandy said:

Then what have you been doing?

Well, he's a Murse.  

I'll bet there just so many Karen's that he can handle in one day.  

So, the keyboard is the venting that allows all the Karen-ness to leave the system.

I don't much care for the keyboard doing this.  I would hope that he'd find something better, as I did years ago.  Bourbon.

• Like 1

"The 2022 Vikings are the biggest overperformers in the 42-year span of data maintained by Football Outsiders, based on the discrepancy between their record and their team DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average), a metric that compares success on each play to the league average based on down and distance with adjustments for situations and opponents. A team with their point and yardage totals on offense and defense, Schatz said, would typically project at about 7.5 wins at this point."

"The Vikings' DVOA ranks No. 28 in the NFL this season, and it isn't the only model that puts them in the bottom half of the league. ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI), which incorporates expected points added (EPA), ranks them as the 20th-best team in football."

"Why? Put simply, the Vikings have been outscored and outgained this season at a rate never before seen by a team close to their record."

From the espn story.

@NoFlyZone

It isn't just us GB fans.  To be fair, I do not understand DVOA and what that all encompasses.  I tried looking at it once.  Felt that I could argue against a few of their metric statements....but ultimately, the arguments were futile when compared to all of the data sets that were examined.

But this goes far beyond what us GB fans post or think or feel about the Vikings.

If you want to continue your thoughts on the matter, have at it.  Just understand that your thoughts and beliefs are in the minority.  

And when I talk about "random" as in a 17 game schedule, the data that is cited in the article is 42 years worth of data.  42 years is a large enough sample size to be considered credible, when a 17 game schedule simply is not.