Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

7 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Dude, nice paragraphs but I stopped reading when I realized I'd be wasting a couple minutes of my life reading your thoughts/ideas/misgivings/rantings.  Get a job and move out of your mom's basement .. way to much time on your hands.

I literally work PMs/ nights at a hospital as an RN… but sure, make the assumption that I need to “move out of my mom’s basement” just because I took a short amount of time to thoroughly explain myself in an effort to clear up the abundance of misunderstanding that has been shown by you guys over here. I’m sure it was a lot of words for you personally, but it absolutely did not take me long to write. 

Ultimately I didn’t ask you to read it. Frankly if you’re going to demonstrate the literacy of an elementary school student in not knowing the simple difference between the words ‘to’ and ‘too’ I’m not expecting much, anyway. Wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself simply trying to read. So feel free to not bother responding, either… which is definitely what you should have done in  the first place.

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

@Packerraymond  @CWood21

At what point are all of these posts simply trolling?  

Like I don't care if he wants to post here.  But this horse was ridden to death, beaten, raised from the dead, run in the Triple Crown, beaten again, turned into glue and now the glue is being used to piece the horse back together again.

No issue with him posting...just the bombarding of posts on the same topic.

I mean, this is a bit of a one sided take… isn’t it? The post that you quoted was a response to the same exact thing that you apparently don’t want to see. I was just keeping the same energy.

Its nice to come over here for a simple discussion and have an entire forum get totally bent out of shape/ hostile about it… and then when one gives it back they’re seen as some enemy or something. The overprotectiveness and touchiness has probably been a little much. 

I mean last time I posted here I posted an extensive post clearing up misunderstanding about where I stood on things. It was a reasonable, non-hostile post and it just got met with straight up trolling and hostility — seriously, no one had anything objective or serious to say in return.

Not that I was expecting much, really… but let’s not act like I’m just here trolling in the face of you guys having reasonable discussion/ posting to anything that I have said in this thread. Lots of people getting very, very riled up about me having a different opinion than them about their favorite football team. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

I don't recall you stating how you measure a team's "grit and battle harder than most".

Using the length of your posts as an indication of your explanation isn't much.  Typing lots of words without answering a question is indeed sidestepping the question.

You used the word (s) to explain Minnesota success yet say using Minnesota as being lucky is a lazy take.  Until you can explain how you measure/ assess a team's " grit and battle harder than most "...... that would also constitute a lazy take.

Again you’re getting wayyy too hung up on literally one word that I said forever ago. I mean, I have posted a TON of content here explaining why I feel the way that I do. Literally just had a bunch of people complaining that I wrote too much. It shouldn’t be so hard to figure out why I have the opinion that I do when I’ve beaten the topic to death already. 
I don’t really care to find a way to explain to you how to statistically measure a team’s “grit” (how about 11-0 in one score games, largest comeback victory ever) because I haven’t been here trumpeting that take. I used the word literally once or twice and have posted a lot of content about my overall opinion since already explaining what I meant to you last week. Why we can’t leave it at that is beyond me. I haven’t been side stepping anything — clearly I don’t mind discussing things. What you’re asking for is kind of irrelevant, though… because you’re getting extremely hung up on the use of one, singular word I used over a week ago and you’re letting that cause you to miss 99.999% of the actual intended message. Can we.. maybe not do that? Truly not sure why this has been such a point of obsession for you.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean, this is a bit of a one sided take… isn’t it? The post that you quoted was a response to the same exact thing that you apparently don’t want to see. I was just keeping the same energy.

Its nice to come over here for a simple discussion and have an entire forum get totally bent out of shape/ hostile about it… and then when one gives it back they’re seen as some enemy or something. The overprotectiveness and touchiness has probably been a little much. 

I mean last time I posted here I posted an extensive post clearing up misunderstanding about where I stood on things. It was a reasonable, non-hostile post and it just got met with straight up trolling and hostility — seriously, no one had anything objective or serious to say in return.

Not that I was expecting much, really… but let’s not act like I’m just here trolling in the face of you guys having reasonable discussion/ posting to anything that I have said in this thread. Lots of people getting very, very riled up about me having a different opinion than them about their favorite football team. 

I'm not reading all of this.

My post is what it is.  You have beaten the dead horse, resurrected it and beaten it again, over and over.

I don't care if you post here at all.  It's the pure volume on the same things that isn't welcome, in my book.

And I could be wrong about that.  But I wanted our mods to be aware.  My guess is that you are on most everyone elses ignore list by now.

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I must have missed Tonyan dropping the Griddy as well. Did they show it on the broadcast?

I can’t express how much I dislike the Griddy  but then enjoy mocking the Vikings with it so much at the same time.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm9jv-jItKZ/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

So, there's a Viking fan in our office.  Man, did he rub it in after Week One.

We all share a men's room.  I went out and bought some Skoal chew.  Six cans of it.

Put one can in every toilet and urinal that we had.

He went in there and asked if I lost my chew (I do chew, just not skoal).

After he asked I yelled out "SKOOOOOOOOOL".  Yeah, one of my prouder moments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Somebody stop the madness.

Just now, Norm said:

IDK it's kinda fun now that he's writing novels

I'm considering starting this thread....

"NO Zone is so Fly that Maverick called him GooseRooster"

Then I thought...no need to ruin the good thing.

• Like 3