MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

They might. There was talk of doing that in 2020 if necessary. It obviously didn’t come to that but Ian Rapoport has said a week 19 is on the table 

2020 already affected 32 teams. They had no choice but to accommodate the situation. This is different. 

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

It wont change anyones schedule. It would just eliminate a meaningless game. And give all teams except for Bill and Bengals a bye week before playoffs. Instead of having a bye week before superbowl

But it does. Stadiums have schedules. Vendors, advertising, fans, etc have schedules. The probowl has high adverting and TV money, stadium payment, etc attached to it. The logistics of "just pushing it back" isn't as simple as just saying it. There is a lot legally involved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

2020 already affected 32 teams. They had no choice but to accommodate the situation. This is different. 

Well why wouldn't they... its the perfect situation for all parties. Fans dont have to be subject to a game no one cares about. All of playoff teams minus Bills and Bengals will have a bye and can rest up before the playoffs. And Bills and Bengals can potentially compete for a 1 seed and earn a first round bye.

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

It’s different situation but the point remains the same. The NFL would have done a week 19 if a game was canceled during that season and couldn’t be reasonably rescheduled during the regular weeks.

That is still a possibility now. I don’t think it happens, but it might

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well why wouldn't they... its the perfect situation for all parties. Fans dont have to be subject to a game no one cares about. All of playoff teams minus Bills and Bengals will have a bye and can rest up before the playoffs. And Bills and Bengals can potentially compete for a 1 seed and earn a first round bye.

It really isn’t that simple.

Why would Dallas want Philly to get more rest for Hurts? As one example someone laid yesterday. 

Edit: took out last part because I misread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

But it does. Stadiums have schedules. Vendors, advertising, fans, etc have schedules. The probowl has high adverting and TV money, stadium payment, etc attached to it. The logistics of "just pushing it back" isn't as simple as just saying it. There is a lot legally involved. 

No stadiums have schedules. Because no one knew when the games are gonna be played anyway yet... or even who will be playing for that matter.

Issuing a no contest i think is the stupiest way of doing things. It literally punishes the teams for a freak occurrence. I think it would make NFL look bad to just give Bills the 2 seed considering that were the 1 seed entering the week.

44 minutes ago, Broncofan said:
58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Unfortunately yes, but from the tidbits we've gotten, it sounds like he is slowly improving so that is good at least. They're probably more privy to more information than we are too. 

Sadly I think the info being transmitted is about his lung injury.

Everything about his lungs is secondary to the fact that he was successfully resuscitated at least once. That's an overwhelmingly positive indicator for brain function, as he possessed the ability to wake back up after the initial damage.

Beyond that, we don't know, but the absence of bad news (e.g. a brain scan with limited/no electrical activity) combined with a trickle of positive news makes me cautiously optimistic.

• Like 2

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

It really isn’t that simple.

Why would Dallas want Philly to get more rest for Hurts? As one example someone laid yesterday. 

Players always have playing time bonuses and things like that in their contracts so you can’t just cancel “meaningless” games because they don’t have a playoff implications 

No one is saying cancel meaningless games. Week 18 will go on as planned. So all nfl games get played. The probowl would be only game affected. And will be the only game scrapped.

What makes more sense to have a probowl or for all teams to play all their games.

40 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Agreed, the league just needs to make a call and deal with a few pissed off teams.

Compare it to previous screw jobs in NFL history, whether it's the PI call on the NFCCCG for the Saints, the tuck rule for the Raiders, etc. etc.

There's nothing exceptional about a team getting moderately screwed once in a while.

• Like 2

Just now, Kmart128 said:

No one is saying cancel meaningless games. Week 18 will go on as planned. So all nfl games get played. The probowl would be only game affected. And will be the only game scrapped.

What makes more sense to have a probowl or for all teams to play all their games.

Yeah I edited my post because I misread. Thought you were talking about week 18 games and not the pro bowl.

However the point regarding a bye week for everyone next week would piss off quite a few owners. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah I edited my post because I misread. Thought you were talking about week 18 games and not the pro bowl.

However the point regarding a bye week for everyone next week would piss off quite a few owners. 

Well those owners are just selfish and heartless if thats the case. A player almost passed away during a game and is in critical condition. If they get upset over a bye week before playoffs then they are horrible human beings. I think players would prefer it anyways considering they just dealt with a 18 week season.

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Well those owners are just selfish and heartless if thats the case. A player almost passed away during a game and is in critical condition. If they get upset over a bye week before playoffs then they are horrible human beings. I think players would prefer it anyways considering they just dealt with a 18 week season.

By this logic, wouldn't the Bills getting upset over a tie/loss make them horrible human beings too?

We all understand that Hamlin's health is serious and the highest priority, but being concerned about how the tragedy impacts your team doesn't make someone a terrible human being, right?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Reporter

says the #NFL is considering calling the #Bills vs #Bengals a “no contest” and then determining seeding via a “random number generator”. Audio clip below.

Not sure how that would work but will post the audio link when back at a desktop. 

I was considering posting this but it sounded like too much of an arse pull to me.