MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Just now, Soggust said:

Well I mean Buffalo lost the 1 seed yesterday, so they kind of did need this game, unfortunately. 

I legit think they may have just conceded the #1 seed by not continuing to play tonight.

Would suck football wise, but as a human being 100% worth it.

• Like 2

Just now, Soggust said:

I legit think they may have just conceded the #1 seed by not continuing to play tonight.

And I think if you polled the people in the organization, they don’t care. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol this is exactly what Skip was trying to say. But it didn’t come out right, and that tied with the timing and general unlikability led to the backlash. 

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, Hamlin’s health >>>>> anything else. But this is a conversation that will need to be had. I don’t know what the NFL does.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Well I mean Buffalo lost the 1 seed yesterday, so they kind of did need this game, unfortunately. 

If Buffalo is 13-3 and Kansas City is 14-3, I think that playoff game should be a Neutral Field since Buffalo beat Kansas City. Will the NFL do this? I doubt it. But I don't think KC should just be auto-awarded HFA throughout the AFC because of this. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

If Buffalo is 13-3 and Kansas City is 14-3, I think that playoff game should be a Neutral Field since Buffalo beat Kansas City. Will the NFL do this? I doubt it. But I don't think KC should just be auto-awarded HFA throughout the AFC because of this. 

I can see your argument, but I don't have confidence that the NFL would do this.

8 minutes ago, JustAGuy said:

When's the last time we saw a heart injury like this during an NFL game?

We've (unfortunately) seen numerous severe neck/spinal and head injuries, of course, but heart injuries seem incredibly rare. Once-in-a-generation rare.

Awful.

I was Googling my own question to find an answer, and was reminded of the J.J. Watt situation from earlier in the season.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20221003/nfls-jj-watt-says-heart-shocked-back-into-rhythm

“I was just told somebody leaked some personal information about me and it’s going to be reported on today,” he tweeted Sunday. “I went into A-Fib on Wednesday, had my heart shocked back into rhythm on Thursday and I’m playing today. That’s it.”

That was just late September, early October, and I completely forgot about it. Wow.

• Like 2

The Bills leaving town tells me they have no interest as players continuing this game any time soon. 

Saw someone post this: this, the Shazier injury, the Tua concussion all happened within a few yard span of each other on the same field. 

• Like 6