MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think they're okay with what they did. But I see what he means if you're fan of both leagues. Still can't get over watching that. My gosh

I’m a fan of both leagues and it felt insensitive to scroll through random NBA highlights while everyone is hoping an NFL player is alive. 

10 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

man this really makes me sick. 

Apparently there's a timeframe where if you get hit in the chest just right, your heart stops.  How can anyone suit up for another game now knowing that?

The way he stood and then fell is disturbing. 

While scary, you don't need to play a sport for that to happen. The odds of it happening is very low, it's very rare, which is why it took awhile for people to figure out how severe of a situation it was. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’m a fan of both leagues and it felt insensitive to scroll through random NBA highlights while everyone is hoping an NFL player is alive. 

Mitchell dropping 71 is pretty wild though. 

If that's what we're talking about

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Mitchell dropping 71 is pretty wild though. 

If that's what we're talking about

That. There was a few tweets about Zions pulled hamstring, Lukas 35 point game, Embiids 41 point game too. 

It’s wild, and a few Sixers guys wrote “it’s trivial but it’s my job to tell you the Sixers won”

8 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

While scary, you don't need to play a sport for that to happen. The odds of it happening is very low, it's very rare, which is why it took awhile for people to figure out how severe of a situation it was. 

Yeah I understand, our bodies are so durable yet so frail at the same time. Seeing it live just hits different

• Like 3

Just now, warfelg said:

That. There was a few tweets about Zions pulled hamstring, Lukas 35 point game, Embiids 41 point game too. 

It’s wild, and a few Sixers guys wrote “it’s trivial but it’s my job to tell you the Sixers won”

IDK what to do there. The world doesn't need to stop over it but I get you. Weirdly feel bad for Donovan just because that would dominate the news if it wasn't for this. It's not that it's right or wrong or anything. I'm sure he doesn't care. But yeah this is what we should care about.

I did have to get off ESPN but the old lady and I are talking about it after she got home. She's being pretty wait and see about it but she thinks she knows that happened but that's not her style to do that stuff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Troy Vincent claiming there was no 5 minute call to go back out there yet cameras show Joe Burrow warming up to go back out there... nfl is full of liars

Is it at all possible Burrow was just warming up to stay ready, on his own accord?

Or maybe heard whispers of discussion of a 5 minute return (with no solid plan determined) and decided to jump the gun to get a couple extra minutes?

I don't doubt the cover-up angle, given the NFL's history, I just don't know that it's 100% mutually exclusive either.

• Like 4