MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

10 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I know every scenario imaginable. But you were talking about the Bills/Bengals not getting that game so KC having to not play so we all has the same amount of games. In that scenario, the Bills could still get the 1 seed with a win. There is no way there is a fair outcome without the game being played. Just seems that mostly everybody here thinks it’s better to screw a few teams over rather than to have every team adjust accordingly.  I guess integrity of the game matters not as much as competitive advantage over opponents. The answer to me seems simple but has been shot down numerous times. 

I'm looking at all points of view.  In my first post on it, i mentioned that having the Bills be the 1 seed (by ignoring KCs win the other day) was best for everyone involved (except the Chiefs) because it also meant that Buffalo gets through this game, then has a bye week to process, grieve, pray, support each other etc. while the rest of the league moves forward as well.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

The coin flip idea actually makes sense in a lot of ways. Though I know a lot of people will hate it. 

I for one, would not.

Some will not be happy unless the game is completed.

Accomplishing this task would be a huge undertaking and might literally not be possible logistically.

I think they should just do no contest because it literally was not completed due to disaster. It is a straight up fact. Cold, hard math.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The coin flip idea actually makes sense in a lot of ways. Though I know a lot of people will hate it. 

I for one, would not.

My biggest issue is that the game was played and had scoring; 3-7. It was still early and could have gone either way, but how do you (the league) ignore the previous play? I don’t see how they do. I see three likely options, in no certain order:

1. Game somehow rescheduled with minimal time between games.

2. Bengals win since they had higher score at stop of play.

3. Bengals agree to tie.

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I honestly don’t know. Was hoping someone with some sort of medical experience or back ground could help

I assume it means that he was previously being given all of his oxygen artificially, but is not able to get some oxygen naturally so he isn't receiving as much. Could be wrong though.

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I for one, would not.

I mean sure, as a Bills fan, it would be a 50/50 shot to take the first seed away from the Chiefs; while a tie, double-loss, or outright cancellation would not.

As a Chiefs fan I'd be livid if my team lost the 1st seed to a team that didn't earn it on the field.