Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I sure hope not as that would be horrible for the team development.  No one will want to play for a coach who everyone knows is gone at end of season.  If that is the plan , you have to at least fire Rivera the GM and trade all the players and tank for draft position.

You think a new owner is going to do that? I doubt it. I don’t see us being major players in free agency bc of the ownership situation. We’ll likely have to settle for a franchise tag of DaRon Payne or let him walk bc there won’t be a new owner in place to approve his contract.

We might just be re-signing our cheaper FAs & then be looking at draft picks.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You think a new owner is going to do that? I doubt it. I don’t see us being major players in free agency bc of the ownership situation. We’ll likely have to settle for a franchise tag of DaRon Payne or let him walk bc there won’t be a new owner in place to approve his contract.

We might just be re-signing our cheaper FAs & then be looking at draft picks.

I think the new owner will be smart enough to know that if he/she/organization replaces Rivera that will energize the fan base and help with ticket sales.  Rivera is not going to sell tickets.

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

God the fans of this team on twitter are toxic. Daron Payne gets 2 sacks and has 11.5 on the year and the morons give him crap because he jersey swaps with Cooper. Hopefully Snyder takes some of these dummies with him. 

People are crazy nowadays 

What a depressing game. When even Fuller missed that tackle on Cooper I knew it was not gonna be our day. I feel like we are just going to resign TH and have him compete with Howell. I hope to god we don't trade for Carr, that is a move I am worried about a desperate Rivera making.

• Like 1

I want to see Howell as much as the next guy, but I think we need to temper our expectations. I hope he comes out and absolutely slings it around and we have our guy for the next 12 years, but we have to remember this is Washington. He looked good in pre-season but that's pre-season. If he is able to take what is given to him and look competent I'll be pleased. Problem is, the Cowboys have to win this game, you could also spin that into good news since we'll get to see what he looks like against an actual NFL defense, but with that d-line and our o-line, not a good combination for a QB's first start. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 7:54 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Rivera followed up his 15-1 season with a sub .500 record in his last four seasons there.  In seven seasons, he has one winning season since then. 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 seasons.  That's a problem. Not only Synder but RR also must go. 

• Like 1