BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Rags gonna pay $13.5k to keep a linebacker who isn’t very good in coverage?

He was strong in coverage this year. Only 25 years old, let’s see what his body of works looks like moving forward in that area.

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I do have to ask,  as I’m sure there is a reason.   What is the reason for PFA’s to be locked in year 1 and then again locked in year 2 because you had to ERFA tag them.      

I don't remember exactly but it's kind of the same reason PFA picks can only be traded during the draft. To protect owners from themselves/not give additional trade ammo to an already trade heavy league.

So Year 1 they all make $425 but some of those PFA can be high RL draft picks. 

Then you have an option to resign the player if you want in year two using a mechanic we already have in place. 

Otherwise it would just be rounds 8-9 of the draft. Originally before we moved to the post NFL draft format we have now, it was a blind selection submitted to BCB or whomever was running it kind of like waivers. That is probably why it was just the 1 year.

But giving teams default 3 year deals for PFA would be a mistake IMO because then as unlocked in year 2 they can be traded for cheap draft picks. I know I am in the minority as I think there are already way too many draft picks as it is and could probably shave a round or two off the current format and just have the left overs be fought for in the Shark Tank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

He was strong in coverage this year. Only 25 years old, let’s see what his body of works looks like moving forward in that area.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  He was awesome in coverage this year.

2.  He was never getting away.

One year out of five. A contract year, no less.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

One year out of five. A contract year, no less.

He has improved every year.

That said, last time you tried to trash a player of mine I was 3Upping it was Hendrickson and you had to eat crow.

Maybe hold off on the hot takes there, Shannon.

Edmunds is good not great. I think he's overrated a bit because of the physical attributes and the fact he's so young, but at the same time, I think it's fair to think he'll continue to improve over the term of his next deal.

I personally wouldn't pay 13.5k to a non-elite off-ball LB, but I think the IRL offer he got is about right given age, potential and performance.

• Like 2