BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

And Now .....

THE BCB HISSY FIT INTERMISSION DRAFT GRADES 

1.1 Berlin-Cj Stroud QB OSU

Also #1 on my BB, Stroud is the safest of the QB prospects. The question is does that make him the best? Time will tell. But with the information we have now, it is hard to knock the pick

Grade: A

1:2 Raleigh- Bryce Young QB Alabama

My #2 player on my board (obviously). Betting on an outlier at 2nd overall is a gamble, but smaller QB's have been coming into the league and succeeding more often. Young's tape is too good to ignore and I literally do not have a QB on my roster

Grade: Abstain

1:3- Hungary- Will Anderson EDGE Alabama

My #3 ranked player and if I wasn't a QB desperate team he would be my #1 player. The obvious pick here.

1:4- Seoul- Anthony Richardson QB Florida

My #5 ranked player but certainly a massive risk given his college tape. I applaud Seoul for not screwing around and just getting his guy but also reading the board well enough to trade down and pick up some extra picks before doing it.

Grade: B+

1:5- Anchorage- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

My #6 ranked player, Gonzalez is a hard player not to love. I don't think he's is on the level of Sauce and Stingley from last year but he isn't far behind. This is a league where you gotta collect WR's and CB's and Scoundrel loads up again.

Grade: A but embargo adjusted B

1:6- Anchorage- Jaxson Smith Njigba WR OSU

My #8 ranked player. He is far and away the best WR in the draft but kind of a reach for an overall prospect. In the grand scheme of things, who cares get your guy. I am a bit shocked he let Carter fall.

Grade: B

1:7- Gothan- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

My #10 player mostly based off need and positional value. The tale is as old as time here, talent vs positional value, but you can't argue Gotham got an elite offensive playmaker

Grade: B+

1:8 Raleigh- Jalen Carter DT Georgia

My #4 ranked player. The off-field stuff makes me nervous, the pro day stuff I couldn't care less about. This man's tape is frigging insane. My team needs elite play makers regardless of position, even ones that carry risk.

Grade: abstain

1:9- Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa

My #25th ranked player. This was the first big reach of the draft in my opinion. He's got the tools but does he have the technique and the pass rush plan. Hard to need EDGE and take him over Wilson and Smith IMO. Going to be interesting

Grade: C

1:10- Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech

My #13th ranked player, very similar to Van Ness but I think he's even more gifted.

Grade: B-

1:11- Gotham- Paris Johnson Jr. OT OSU

My #9 ranked player and the most gifted OL in the draft. Get Bijian and let Paris open up holes. Hard to hate that plan.

1.12- Ivory Coast- Jordan Addison WR USC

My #19 ranked player. His production is great, but his size and speed profile leave me wondering. He is a technician for sure and I get the appeal given the Rhino's roster construction, but some elements to be concerned about.

Grade: B-

1:13 Berlin- Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

My #7 ranked player and the truest steal of the round. Dude is a dog and so sticky in coverage and reminds me of Jaire so much.

Grade: A+

1.14- Cancun- Broderick Jones OT Georgia

My 11th ranked player. They have the makings of an elite OT duo with him and Tunsil, but now we all have to endure Blue trying to pawn Bakhatari on every pick

Grade- A- (minus is the Mailata tax)

1:15- Gotham - Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson

My 22nd ranked player. The idea of Murphy is way better than actual Murphy. I wouldn't have taken him over Nolan Smith personally.

Grade- B

1:16- Greenland- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU

My 12th ranked player. I don't love Porter but this is a great value for him. The ball production and penalties are concerning but he has a lot of elements of a great CB prospect

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'll try and check in tomorrow around noon.  Shoot me a pm (preferably on discord) when my pick comes up if someone wants to give me a heads up.  

No idea why anyone would intentionally hold up a draft lmao.  

30-rock.gif