BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Don't think they need to trade up for Carter, I think he'll be there at 13 if they don't take him. But we'll see.

I find it very hard to believe he’ll make past Seattle at 5, Detroit and 6 and Chicago at 9. If he is there at 7 I think the Eagles trade up

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

They'd need to. Pittsburgh is looking to move up for him

I've heard they're looking to move up for Carter or an OT. So I'm fully expecting a move up either way at this point. Rumor is they want to move up from 17, likely giving up pick 49 in the 2nd. Then they want to trade down at 32 to recoup some draft capital. 

Edited by rackcs

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I've heard they're looking to move up for Carter or an OT. So I'm fully expecting a move up either way at this point. Rumor is they want to move up from 17, likely giving up pick 49 in the 2nd. Then they want to trade down at 32 to recoup some draft capital. 

If Carter goes at 5, I'd expect an Eagles and Steelers trade. 10 seems like a perfect spot to get in the thick of that run and the Eagles need a few more picks

24 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Please don't tell me the NFL is actually this dumb lmao and I like Levis

As a Browns fan who is a shell of his former self, I vote anarchy and misery for everyone and want to see the world burn.

• Like 2

I'm curious, let's have an instant regret redraft: if you could change one pick from your BDL draft for another player, who would you take instead? Has to be a player who was picked after your selection that you're replacing and you have to have actually made the pick instead of trading it.

I think we'd go with Marvin Mims over Isaiah Foskey if I had to, we had 3 WRs I liked and we missed out on two of them in the span of 10 picks. Really tried hard to get another selection in that range by trading Cam Jordan and couldn't find a taker.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm curious, let's have an instant regret redraft: if you could change one pick from your BDL draft for another player, who would you take instead? Has to be a player who was picked after your selection that you're replacing and you have to have actually made the pick instead of trading it.

I think we'd go with Marvin Mims over Isaiah Foskey if I had to, we had 3 WRs I liked and we missed out on two of them in the span of 10 picks. Really tried hard to get another selection in that range by trading Cam Jordan and couldn't find a taker.

For me, not walking away with a corner like KBK or Stevenson is a bit of a tough pill to swallow. I can't remember when we drafted Israel Abanikanda, who I really like, but we potentially would have been better off swapping Stevenson or KBK instead and hoping he fell to us...or else drafting Spears/Tank Bigsby considering our current RB depth with Jones and Stevenson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Deonte Banks at 1.9 instead of Van Ness. I was going against the census either way so investing in another premium position would have been worth considering.

Julius Brents over Kelee Ringo. Both HWS+ players with some flaws. Wanted to double down at CB and in the right scheme Brents could be a legitimate starter by year 2.

All in all, I really like the haul we got. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

Cedric Tillman over Downs… then I wouldn’t have traded up for Perry. Tillman was a player I was considering at 2.16 when I had originally owned the pick. Had a chance at him trading up to 3.16 and still passed for Downs. Not sure what I was thinking at the time… 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Depending on the medical, Darnell over all other TEs.

Also, I'd have taken Noah Sewell over Siaki Aki and maybe Tre'Vious Hodges-Tomlinson over Boutte.

• Like 1