BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

TL:DR.   I guess I'll do one.  I included 2nd year guys  as I just wanted to see what their situations looked like a year later for their real teams.

Teams BDL Draft IRL Plus/Minus  
QB - Anthony Richardson Indianapolis Colts 4 4 0 What I like: Ideal situation for him, has some talent on the outside and with a team that likes to run the ball. What I don't like: The OL, some of that is on Matt Ryan, but they need a come back year along the OL
LT - Anton Harrison Jacksonville Jaguars 28 27 1 What I like: With Cam Robinson's suspension he has a path the play early and with a promising young QB. What I don't like: Still hesitant about players going to Jacksonville, and while I think he is their longterm LT, it's possible he switches.
RT - Dawand Jones Cleveland Browns 32 111 -79 What I like: Conklin isn't the most durable and Cleveland should continue to focus on the run game. What I don't like: I would have like for him to leave the state of Ohio, and everyone knows the other risks.
Edge - BJ Ojulari Arizona Cardinals 34 41 -7 What I like: Pretty easy path the PT, should be near the top of sacks for Ari year 1. What I don't like: It's Arizona, not sure how much they will be in obvious passing situations
C - Joe Tippman New York Jets 46 43 3 What I like: Vet QB, should contribute early and play alongside Seoul OL Alijah Vera-Tucker. What I don't like: Not really sure if he's sliding in at C or G, would prefer he stick at C.
G - Cody Mauch Tampa Bay Buccaneers 51 48 3 What I like: Easy path the PT, should contribute year 1. What I don't like: Never like my OL going to an unsteady QB situation, and assuming he starts at RG the RT situation is not the greatest.
Edge - Derick Hall Seattle Seahawks 60 37 23 What I like: He's exactly the player Seattle likes drafting. What I don't like: He's exactly the player Seattle likes drafting
Saf - Jordan Battle Cincinnati Bengals 66 95 -29 What I like: Should get into some sub-packages early, in a future role he fits very nicely next to Seoul Saf Daxton Hill. What I don't like: Not too much I don't like about this pick, Great situation and exactly how I imagined him fitting year 1. If I had some question, it would be a bit worrisome they will throw him into a Big Nickle and put him in man situations often
WR - Tyler Scott Chicago Bears 67 133 -66 What I like: He gets to study under DJ Moore, they have some similar traits. What I don't like: Likely won't do much early, but I do like the possibly about he and DJ Moore starting year 2.
T - Jaelyn Duncan Tennessee Titans 81 186 -105 What I like: Well, if he has what it takes, he ended up in a spot that is open. Tennessee will continue to be a running team and that will help if he's pushed to play early. What I don't like: Good fit team wise, if I had doubts about this people.. it would mainly be the reasoning for him dropping quite a bit.
CB - Clark Phillips III Atlanta Falcons 84 113 -29 What I like: Love this fit. Think he slots in early at Nickle and continues that through his rookie deal. Playing alongside some quality DB's, and really like that this helps move Richie Grant into a role more suitable to his skillset. What I don't like: Again, not much I complain about here. Front 7 is still a work in progress for Atlanta, so he could be put into some unfavorable positions.
WR - Tank Dell Houston Texans 85 69 16 What I like: He should get some early PT with a team that is looking to groom their QBOTF. What I don't like: Mechie coming back and Xavier Hutchinson drafted late. Very possible he gets passed over and just turns into a returner
CB - Jaylon Jones Indianapolis Colts 87 221 -134 What I like: Colts are a team that I like to develop defensive players late and Jaylon fits what they like to do on the backend. What I don't like: Julius Brents and Darius Rush drafted above him. They don't have much outside of the rookies, but he would have to outplay the earlier drafted guys for PT.
CB - Garrett Williams Arizona Cardinals 99 72 27 What I like: Not much in the way of starters in this CB group, should have an easy path

Kenneth Walker Seahawks       The Good: He looked every bit the part I expected last year, was super impressed with how he battled through the ankle injury as well. The bad: It's the Seahawks, they just keep adding RB's.
Dameon Pierce Texans       The Good: My feel good story from last year, I wasn't shy about how much I liked him and he proved worthy last year. The bad: Devin Singletary is likely to steal some of the workload from him.
George Pickens Steelers       The Good: Another year in the system and slotted in as one of the go to guys. The bad: Still not 100% in on Pickett, but if he hits the Pitt offense should be fun to watch
Trey McBride Cardinals       The Good: Well, he's on the roster and they should be passing a lot. The Bad: #2 TE on a team with an open QB spot.
Dylan Parham Raiders       The Good: Up and down rookie year but showed lots of promise and should be inline for a starting role. The Bad: Was hoping he would convert to C this, but Las Vegas isn't in a position to move him off Guard.
Sam Williams Cowboys       The Good: He looked the part of a dynamic pass rusher last year. The Bad: Was already in a crowded room for pass rushing snaps, and Dallas continued to add there.
Josh Paschal Lions       The Good: Didn't see much in the way of addtion for Detroit at Edge. The Bad: Hutchinson is starting, and the late round guy stole some shine over Paschal last year. Pretty deep group, but like below was not expecting much from Paschal last year.
David Ojabo Ravens       The Good: Baltimore is in search of someone that will pressure the QB and didn't have too much in additions this offseason. Wasn't noticeable last year when he did play, but I wasn't expecting him to even see the field. The Bad: Achilles injuries are usually closer to 2 years before fully healed, for a guy needing development that is not promising
Damon Clark Cowboys       The Good: Should have a pretty easy path the PT, and got some valueable reps last year. The Bad: Not really sure what role the Cowboys will use him in, Likely just a subpackage guy that comes in when Parsons drops down. Like the 2 above, was not expecting many snaps from his last year.. but he did have some growing pains.
Trent McDuffie Chiefs       The Good: Sneaky good rookie year, didn't put up the best stats but his play was exactly how he was in college. Did his assignment and more than held his own from multiple alignments. The Bad: Chiefs continued to add to the DB grouping, McDuffie is not in danger of losing any PT but he could become less versatile
Kaiir Elam Bills       The Good: Had some ups and downs last year, as most Rookie's do. He showed a high upside on the outside. The Bad: It's just a well stocked CB room, he has the tools to outplay the others, but could very easily fall out of a favor.
Kyler Gordon Bears       The Good: He was a mess early, but turned into around throughout his rookie year. I do like my DB's to play that Apex/Slot spot early as it requires a large IQ of the defense. The Bad: I like him outside more, and with the additio of Tyrique Stevenson I think he gets slotted into that role full time.
Joshua Williams Chiefs       The Good: Likely still a rotation at that 3rd CB in KC and Williams showed some enticing upside last year. The Bad: It appears KC is moving towards a trend of having Snead/McDuffie shadow the Top 2 options. Likely leaves that 3rd man as a rotation between Watson/Williams on the outside and Conner on the inside.
Daxton Hill Bengals       The Good: With Bates gone, the role I invisioned for Hill is wide open. The Bad: Didn't play much his rookie year, and while I like my rookie DB's to learn that nickel role, it's possible they try to stick him there full time.
Bryan Cook Chiefs       The Good: Thornhill is gone and Cook is set to step into a starting role. The bad: I'm not totally confident Cook will excel at the exact role Thornhill departed. They will either change the scheme up a little, or Reid/Cook will likely be put in some positions that don't best suite their skills set.
Nick Cross Colts       The Good: No additions to the safety group. The bad: Got passed over by a 7th rounder last year, maybe a good sign for Jaylon Jones. Still very young but Safety is not typically a spot it just magically clicks for players
Kerby Joseph Lions       The Good: Detroit invested heavy into that Nickle position and upgrading the tackling up front, should put Kerby in less Man situations and let him do what he does best. The Bad: I mean, it's always scary to put much stock into a Detroit defensive backs.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

As far as I know I’ve never gone positive in the +/- game. Although I believe (or hope lol) I can still claim the most accurate draft with -1 

Most people don't go positive in the +/- game. All it takes is one dude to fall and your number is cooked. You have to have very few high picks or get very lucky to have a positive overall number.

• Like 2

One for the next owners meeting, but perhaps reconsidering rookie scale is in order given the cap rises.

Something like 6.5k for the no.1 pick to 8k and work it down from there.

Sub-500 cuts become sub-700 cuts or something.

31 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

One for the next owners meeting, but perhaps reconsidering rookie scale is in order given the cap rises.

Something like 6.5k for the no.1 pick to 8k and work it down from there.

Sub-500 cuts become sub-700 cuts or something.

No thanks