BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

10 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Cornerstone to me is someone producing at an elite level, that you see continuing to do so on your roster for the next 3-4 years.  

This is how I got to Tyson Campbell tbh 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Anchorage 

Franchise Cornerstones: Joe Burrow, Ja’Marr Chase, Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain ll, Andrew Thomas

Quality Starters: Vita Vea, Jessie Bates, Jonathan Taylor, Frank Ragnow, Erik McCoy, Aidan Hutchinson, Jaycee Horn, Jaylon Johnson, Talanoa Hufanga, Alex Highsmith

Replacement Level Starter: Ikem Ekwonu, Ed Oliver, Sam Hubbard, Kam Curl, Isaiah Simmons, JOK, DJ Humphries, Kyle Pitts, Hollywood Brown, JK Dobbins, Terence Steele

Depth Player: Isaiah Likely, Derek Stingley Jr, Jordan Davis, Jon Runyan Jr, Marco Wilson, Paulson Adebo, Jonathan Greenard, AJ Epenesa, Spencer Brown

Incomplete Evaluation: All rookies, Jameson Williams, Cole Turner, Jamaree Salyer, Thomas Booker, Percy Butler, Caden Sterns, James Houston, Logan Bruss, Matt Waletzko, Erik Ezukanma 

Should not be on a roster: Kenneth Murray Jr, Eno Benjamin, Laviska Shenault, Jalen Reagor, Isaiah Spiller, Tommy Tremble, Austin Jackson 

Okay I gave it my best shot 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

What signifies a franchise cornerstone? Like is Andrew Thomas a franchise cornerstone? I don’t know where to slot a bunch of my guys. Trying not to give myself too many cornerstones 

I thin it depends on the team. If you have a roster flush with high end talent and guys who will command significant deals, I can understand putting Thomas in tier 2. If you a roster bereft of talent, Thomas is absolutely tier 1.

For my money, if Thomas replicates his production from last year he may very well reset the market. Part of it is his pick status but it also has a lot to do with his performance. So imo, he’s tier 1 when all things are considered.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Stay humble.

That’s exactly what I am doing by not putting more players in that category. You’re always on me and I don’t really know why. If you have a problem with me PM me and we can talk about it.

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

That’s exactly what I am doing by not putting more players in that category. You’re always on me and I don’t really know why. If you have a problem with me PM me and we can talk about it.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Why would you not put more if your team does possess more? It's what helped lead you to a championship. Team with more elite cornerstones likely beats teams with less?

• Like 2

Lancaster Werewolves

Franchise Cornerstones: T.J. Watt, Jaire Alexander, Fred Warner, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jalen Hurts

Quality Starters: Trevor Lawrence, Michael Pittman Jr., Tyler Boyd, Kenny Clark, Jalen Ramsey, Robert Hunt

Replacement Level Starter: Darrick Forrest, Sam Cosmi, Braxton Jones, Justin Madubuike, Willie Gay Jr.

Depth Player: Dane Jackson, Tyler Allgeier, Dyami Brown, Drew Dalman, Tedarrell Slaton, Otito Ogbonnia, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Malcolm Rodriguez

Incomplete Evaluation: Rookies, Skyy Moore, Greg Dulcich, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Evan Neal, Trevor Penning, Akayleb Evans

Should not be on a roster: Quez Watkins, Ben Skowronek, Kyle Philips, Thayer Munford Jr., Julian Okwara, Eyioma Uwazurike, Mark Robinson, Kindle Vildor

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Sure he’s not complete but I would move him up a tier with the chance to continue to ascend. I guess that’s where the incomplete section comes from…

I have a lot of 2nd year guys that I felt it was hard to place them. Dulcich and Okonkwo I both felt like I could've maybe moved to the depth tier but both have questions about their real life offensive fits that made me unsure.

• Like 2

I view Cornerstones as guys who are elite level/All Pro types at their respective positions, preferably at a position that's a "key" position. LT, CB, WR, QB, DE, DT, transcendent LB/RB in his prime ala Willis or Bobby Wagner or a Derrick Henry/Nick Chubb/McCaffrey. Sorry Jonathan Taylor and Josh Jacobs, you are not on the list but maybe you could be/could have been at one point in time. 

I'd also say, for example, if they're a young dominant player on a rookie contract, I'd put them down there. I'm talking guys like Sauce Gardner, Micah Parsons, etc.

Olave, for example, is a quality starter since he's above average at his respective position and just finished year 1. He can absolutely vault into the "cornerstone" tier if he makes that next jump. I would say the same for dudes who are on the cusp like Trevor Lawrence, could go either way.