BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Yeah I was very happy about Jones and Stromberg's landing spots and extremely disappointing in Israel A's and Noah Sewell's landing spots.

Mayer and Foskey scream "just wait til next year" to me.

I'm holding out hope that at least Chicago does a great job of developing linebackers and you never know how things pan out from a "this guy is ready and we're going to let Edwards/Edmunds go for $$$$ reasons" but still.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I was very happy about Jones and Stromberg's landing spots and extremely disappointing in Israel A's and Noah Sewell's landing spots.

Mayer and Foskey scream "just wait til next year" to me.

I'm holding out hope that at least Chicago does a great job of developing linebackers and you never know how things pan out from a "this guy is ready and we're going to let Edwards/Edmunds go for $$$$ reasons" but still.

That's a tough sell.  Edwards is on a cheap contract and Edmunds dead cap money the next two seasons is silly.  That third year though it's fairly minimal.  Like the player, just a rough spot as far as early playing time goes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Well this is finally done, so feel free to yell at me

Annual Landing grades.  Again this is not a player eval as much as it is team/coaching fit, early playing time eval.  (early round grades were done on cell phone so forgive formatting)

1. Berlin Blitzkrieg C.J. Stroud Qb. Texans B.  Plusses is he's got a good o line, running game an no competition.  Bad news, he also doesn't have many receiving weapons with a d first head coach who's going to take the ball out of his hands.  Real life good, for here not so much

1.13 Berlin Blitzkrieg Devon Witherspoon CB Seahawks. A.  Seattle normally does an excellent job developing CB.  Only issue may be him becoming labeled a cover three guy

2.1 Berlin Blitzkrieg Deonte Banks CB Giants A-  only competition for time is Aaron Robinson.  Wish I would have seen any progress in their young corners last year or this would have been an A

2. 13 Berlin Blitzkrieg Darnell Washington TE Pittsburgh D+. With a young stud TE on the roster, Washington has a pretty clear ceiling as a second TE, run Blocker year one short of an injury

3.11 Berlin Blitzkrieg Mazi Smith INT Dallas A. He should step right into a starting role in Dallas, he may come off for some pass rushers but he's gonna get the majority of snaps

5.1 Berlin Blitzkrieg DJ Turner CB  A-  He'll be in a competition with Cam Taylor Britt for the number two spot which i think he can win.  Getting run on the first unit would be a coup for a fifth round pick

5.14 Berlin Blitzkrieg Devon Achane RB Dolphins B  This is one of the hardest grades on the board.  Miami just throws out random backs random weeks and you never know when it'll be your guys' turn. But he's got potential in this offense

6.6 Berlin Blitzkrieg JL Skinner S  Broncos  D  He'll be starting the year as the third safety at best, and depending on how Denver uses Jackson, the fourth safety.  Sterns and Simmons are both younger so that's not a clear path to a ton of time here without injuries

6.16 Berlin Blitzkrieg Siaki IkaI NT Cleveland C-  He'll be a rotational guy on short yardage but mainly will be the backup for Tomlinson.  The Browns inability to develop anything in the middle the last couple of seasons brings the grade down on a rotational player

7.1 Berlin Blitzkrieg Zach Harrison EDGE Falcons C+  He's probably the fourth rusher right now but Lorenzo Carter?  meh.  Bud Dupree?  Meh.  Theres a chance he climbs the depth chart

7.8 Berlin Blitzkrieg Kayshon Boutte WR Patriots  D  WR 5 on a run heavy team with a limited QB and a coach that doesn't like to start rookies at WR

Don't disagree with much here.  Stroud, Spoon, Banks, Mazi, and Turner should all get a lot of snaps early.  The rest probably wont.

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

2. Raleigh Firebirds Bryce Young Qb Panthers B.  I can't give this a lower grade than stroud. It's a similar situation with a slightly more proven offensive coach but not as strong a running game or o line

I think you are underrating the Panthers Oline. 

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

8 Raleigh Firebirds Jalen Carter INT. Eagles Inc. So here's the thing. People are gushing about how he gets to play with his Georgia team mates.  Well we've seen how that worked off the field for him already. On the field it's an easy A but the personal issues will leave this a TBD

4.4 Raleigh Firebirds Matthew Bergeron OT D.  Only a D as I know rack wanted him to be a tackle.  He's going to be a guard in Atlanta otherwise it would be a higher grade

I don’t get that view of the Carter situation at all. Landing with a literal Super Bowl team and a stable organization with lots of vet leadership and buy in to the coach all around him is the ideal landing spot for a player like this.

Not devestating that Bergeron will be a guard. There are lots of starting RT’s to pick up in free agency, with the draft capital and a presumed starting role already is a great spot for where I drafted him imo. He’s a very good piece for a #3 guard behind my 2 starters 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think you are underrating the Panthers Oline. 

I don’t get that view of the Carter situation at all. Landing with a literal Super Bowl team and a stable organization with lots of vet leadership and buy in to the coach all around him is the ideal landing spot for a player like this.

Not devestating that Bergeron will be a guard. There are lots of starting RT’s to pick up in free agency, with the draft capital and a presumed starting role already is a great spot for where I drafted him imo. He’s a very good piece for a #3 guard behind my 2 starters 

If you're happy with him being a guard then it's a higher grade as I said

I get I'm prob alone on my Carter take.  For me I'd rather he would have had a complete fresh start to begin new habits

The Panthers offensive line is not bad.  I just like the Texans one better

On 5/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, bcb1213 said:

If you're happy with him being a guard then it's a higher grade as I said

I get I'm prob alone on my Carter take.  For me I'd rather he would have had a complete fresh start to begin new habits

The Panthers offensive line is not bad.  I just like the Texans one better

The Panthers oline is solid...