BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I figured if I was willing to 3 Up Teller at over 10k/year (and I was), may as well let him hit FA and go for the upgrade that was just as expensive and a lot younger

You’ve got it so spend it.

• Like 1

Overall Defense which is based on the individual rankings. The lower the number the better the ranking. 

1. Anchorage- 21pts

Great, I did this whole project just to wind up stroking Scoundrel’s ego……

1. New Orleans- 26pts 

With no rankings outside the top 10, New Orleans is going to have a strong defense lead by their D-line and CB room.

1. Greenland- 30pts

With the top ranked LB group and the #4 safety group probably inflated the numbers of a pretty good but not dominant group on paper.

1. Lancaster- 31pts

Lancaster has studs but lacking depth in many areas, a few really strong key Shark Tank signings could make Lancaster a force on defense this season.

1. Rome- 32pts

Rome sporting some top notch groups, but their DT’s  and S’s push them down to #5.

1. Ivory Coast- 36pts

A lackluster safety group is pulling down the score of an overall strong defense.

1. Baltimore- 37pts

Pretty much the opposite of Rome as it is their DT’s and Safeties which pulls them up the ranks.

1. Cancun- 38pts

Somewhere Blue is yelling at us that Pete Werner should but pulling this entire group up to top 3. That somewhere is discord…..

1. Camden- 41pts

A couple additions in the secondary and at DL in the Shark Tank and this could be a much scarier defense than this ranking suggests.

1. Berlin- 43pts

Berlin is relying on a lot of youth in the secondary and didn’t spend at all in FA on defense. I feel like this team will have plenty of resources in the Shark Tank to add to this side of the ball.

1. Raleigh- 45pts

Safely tucked in the middle of the pack in a lot of areas, this defense could be much better or much worse than their ranking suggests based on the performances of a couple key players.

1. Singapore- 53pts

Singapore has lots of good players on defense but really lacks the star power to make this a very threatening unit as a whole

1. Gotham- 58pts

Gotham will need a strong showing in the Shark Tank to supplement some really really good pieces they have on defense.

1. Cuba- 61pts

Cuba saved a lot of money for the Shark Tank and I expect many signings on defense to pull this group up the ranks.

1. Hungary- 63pts

Hungary relying on an odd mix of rookies and vets. It’ll be interesting to see what direction this defense goes this year. Right now I’d expect this to be a bottom tier defense.

1. Seoul- 65pts

Seoul has hoarded middle round draft picks and that shows up on defense with a ton of unproven youth and boatloads of cap space. We’ll see who can take jumps and what they are able to do in the tank before the season starts.

• Like 6

Honestly though @EaglesPeteC I respect the effort you put into this and 6-7-8 being within 2 points of each other is about where I think my defense should be. No exploitable weaknesses, it's dragged down a bit by what I feel are undervalued linebackers and a DT chart that doesn't really reflect how the rotation will play out, and a lot of younger players are still establishing themselves. I feel good about moving up those rankings as the season goes on thanks to the depth we've put together in Cancun.