BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's 32 and played 17 out of a possible 50 games in the last three years. He's done. Reminds me of the last few years Walter Jones was in the league and everybody was saying he was a great tackle if he could stay healthy, and inevitably he got shut down like five snaps into preseason.

Last 4 years were

By the pattern he is on an on year coming up, come on get with it Blue. 

• Like 1

OG

1. Cuba- Elgton Jenkins, Wyatt Teller, Ezra Cleveland, Alec Lindstrom, Cole Strange

This group has 3 really good guards with Jenkins, Teller and Cleveland and then Strange as a 4th who is a starting player.

1. Rome- Chris Lindstrom, Mike Onwenu, O’Cyrus Torrance 

Lindstrom and Onwenu might be the strongest duo in the league with a young player behind them. 

1. Seoul- Joe Thuney, James Daniels, Alijah Vera Tucker, Cody Mauch, Dylan Parham, Liam Eichenberg

Sporting an elite guard in Thuney and 3 starting G’s behind him and 2 young players with potential, Seoul has a strong group.

1. Berlin- Ben Powers, Nate Davis, Ryan Bates, Spencer Buford, Ed Ingram

Powers and Davis are strong with Bates as a nice 3rd.

1. Gotham- Shaq Mason, Kevin Zeitler, Peter Skoronski

Mason and Zeitler are still good but probably not at their peak anymore. Having Skoronski waiting in the wings is a really good fit as well.

1. Ivory Coast- Zack Martin, Damien Lewis, Jalen Mayfield, Joshua Ezeudu

Martin is elite if/when healthy and Lewis had a strong season last year. I’d be looking for depth in the tank if I could.

1. Raleigh- Isaac Seumalo, Landon Dickerson, Matthew Bergeron, Dalton Risner, Nick Saldivari 

Dickerson has grown into a pro bowl player and Seumalo is an underrated very good guard. The depth is inexperienced or not on a team but there is potential there.

1. Camden- Quinton Nelson, Cesar Ruiz, Sean Rhyan, Ben Cleveland

Nelson had a bit of a down year but is still one of the top guards. I question his running mate. I don’t know if Ruiz or Cleveland could really be counted on as quality BDL starters.

1. Baltimore- Alex Cappa, Andrew Norwell, Kevin Dotson, Luke Goedeke, Jonah Jackson

9-13 are pretty interchangeable to be honest. They all have one good guard and questionable players after that. Baltimore sports the best #2 of the bunch with Jonah Jackson 

1. Greenland- Trey Smith, Kenyon Green, Aaron Banks

Trey Smith has turned into a very nice player. Green or Banks need to take a leap for Greenland to feel good.

1. Singapore- Will Hernandez, Jamarco Jones, Tyler Smith, Chasen Hines, Cade Mays, Andrew Vorhees

There are a lot of names here but nobody besides Tyler Smith I’d want to start.

1. Hungary- Brandon Scherff, Andrus Peat, Darian Kinnard, Brady Chirstiansen 

Scherff is still good but past his prime. I don’t think Peat is a BDL starter and might not be an NFL starter anymore. He might be a TC cut candidate.

1. Anchorage- Jon Runyan, Logan Bruss, Jamaree Salyer

Runyan is a quality guard, and Salyer showed he can hold up during his rookie year. I imagine Anchorage is using some of their depth at G or T to swing over to guard.

1. Cancun- Zion Johnson, Calvin Throckmorton, Cordell Volston

Zion had some nice moments as a rookie and Volston played not terrible last year. But this group certainly is not a strong one.

1. Lancaster- Steve Avila, Robert Hunt, Chandler Zavala

Hunt had a strong season last year but only rookie options next to him.

1. New Orleans- Joel Bitonio

Last time I checked you need to start 2 guards.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Love my OG’s, but can’t argue with the 2 groups ahead of me.   Have hope AVT progresses to elite this year, he was excellent before injury last year 

If you love them the. Why do t you marry them ? 🫠