BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

On 9/21/2023 at 3:04 AM, Blue said:

oof, I don't see Ewers going in the NFL first round, let alone top 12 here

There’s so much time left in the season it’s almost impossible to tell. There are always risers, whether it’s Zach Wilson, Dwayne Haskins, Mac Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Mark Sanchez, Joe Burrow, Cam Newton, Kyler Murray, etc.

I think Caleb Williams is clearly 1 and barring a complete collapse or injury, Maye is 2. After that, any number of things could happen.

If Ewers has some type of unbelievable season or stretch, he’s a first round lock. If he is inconsistent then he has a Spencer Rattler arch where Manning pushes him out the door.

Penix is great but he’s old and has 2 major knee injuries.

Bo Nix is, well, Bo Nix.

Then you have guys who probably don’t declare but might because of the immediate possibility of capitalization of success and/or recruits pushing these guys like McCord, the FSU and LSU kids, the Duke kid, etc.

J.J. McCarthy can’t make up his mind whether or not he wants to be great.

The Penn State kid is a possible riser or maybe he stays.

The FSU kid is like a 5th year senior, he's gone with any sort of decent draft projection from the rating services.

I don't think Ewers is a "riser" type prospect because he was a former top recruit and he's not athletic specimen. Those guys don't have that kind of meteoric rise. He simply doesn't look good when you watch him. Would be absolutely floored if he's more than a Day 2 NFL pick if he declares this year.

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

There’s so much time left in the season it’s almost impossible to tell. There are always risers, whether it’s Zach Wilson, Dwayne Haskins, Mac Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Mark Sanchez, Joe Burrow, Cam Newton, Kyler Murray, etc.

I think Caleb Williams is clearly 1 and barring a complete collapse or injury, Maye is 2. After that, any number of things could happen.

If Ewers has some type of unbelievable season or stretch, he’s a first round lock. If he is inconsistent then he has a Spencer Rattler arch where Manning pushes him out the door.

Penix is great but he’s old and has 2 major knee injuries.

Bo Nix is, well, Bo Nix.

Then you have guys who probably don’t declare but might because of the immediate possibility of capitalization of success and/or recruits pushing these guys like McCord, the FSU and LSU kids, the Duke kid, etc.

J.J. McCarthy can’t make up his mind whether or not he wants to be great.

The Penn State kid is a possible riser or maybe he stays.

Allar is a true sophomore I believe 

With how many QBs flop its definitely easier to say a guy won’t be good than it is to hit on someone that will be good, outside of prospects like Lawrence, Burrow, etc. So I’ve never been impressed with the people who pound their chests when they called a QB a bust and he busts (not anyone here just an observation from around this site and elsewhere)

• Like 1