BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1. Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC

I expect them to trade Tua at some point. If not Williams is at least Tua insurance early until they see what they have in the cheaper option Williams once Tua gets that big contract.

2. Baltimore- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU

Likely the best player regardless of position in the draft. Baltimore builds up their receiving corps for Lamar with this big time addition.

3. Raleigh- Olu Fashanu OT PSU

Blue chip tackle to fill in at RT and give Raleigh a dominant tackle duo to protect Bryce going forward. 

4. Gotham- Drake Maye QB UNC

Move on from Prescott and bring in the young gunslinger who has a lot of potential to develop into something special. 

5. Anchorage- Brock Bowers TE UGA

Homer pick! But he brings an added dynamic to my offense at the position that we really need. 

6. Ivory Coast- Dallas Turner Edge Bama

Khalil Mack is aging and they like to have a three headed monster. I have them going Turner here as he is a bit different than Garrett and Young. More of a bendy speed rusher they can use him as a moveable hand down/stand up rusher type or wide 9. 

7. Cuba- Jared Verse Edge FSU

Cuba took and edge in the first last year but a great rotation without losing anything off the edge is vital. Coleman gets consideration here but with that receiver group they add to a position that needs more depth. I think if Cuba doesn’t trade this pick in a veteran QB trade they will wait to address QB in round 2 if Caleb and Drake are gone even though they love Penix.

8. Seoul- Keon Coleman WR FSU

Seoul needs additional receiver help and they find it here with the big and talented Coleman. What a fun complement to Pickens outside with Kelce still terrorizing the middle. Big target like him is a nice asset for a young QB like Richardson to vacuum in passes. 

9. Lancaster- Malik Nabers WR LSU

They need a more dynamic player at the position who can operate as a number one consistently. Nabers has the skill set and production to warrant that opportunity. He can play inside or outside and gives Lancaster a nice weapon in the passing game. 

10. Anchorage- Rome Odunze WR UW

I need another outside receiver to pair with Chase. Jamo and Burks haven’t shown much and JSN and Downs are mostly slated to slot duties right now although Downs is seeing more outside work as the year goes on. Odunze has a well rounded skill set and he doesn’t have to be the number one here.

11. Camden- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois 

Camden gets a talented inside pressure player to work in a rotation with Donald and Osa. Future Donald replacement nice to have a year ahead of time. 

12. Cancun- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson 

They need corner help and aren’t sure how White will bounce back. They’d like a receiver but none of the ones left are really worth pick 12 but plenty of talent there for them in round 2 where the value fits better. Wiggins I believe will rise and be in contention for the number one corner with Kool Aid. I think he translates better to the pros than Kool Aid.

13. Anchorage- JC Latham OT Bama

Joe Alt is here and he would get consideration but I have AT and Ikem both LT’s and Latham could come in and start at RT from day one. 

14. Berlin- Joe Alt OT Notre Dame

Berlin got a Witherspoon fall last year (6th on my board so a fall to me at least) and here they get Alt. Future Kolton replacement for the Blitz.

15. New Orleans- Kool Aid McKinstry CB Bama

NOLA adds to the corner group with Kool Aid and hope he can give them a nice boost to their corner group that could use the infusion of youth. 

16. Rome- Leonard Taylor lll INT Miami

A talented interior defensive player who could really give Rome a boost in the middle of their defense. Some other players could get looks here but I expect LT3 to rise and be a player that is coveted early in April. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

1. Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC

I expect them to trade Tua at some point. If not Williams is at least Tua insurance early until they see what they have in the cheaper option Williams once Tua gets that big contract.

2. Baltimore- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU

Likely the best player regardless of position in the draft. Baltimore builds up their receiving corps for Lamar with this big time addition.

3. Raleigh- Olu Fashanu OT PSU

Blue chip tackle to fill in at RT and give Raleigh a dominant tackle duo to protect Bryce going forward. 

4. Gotham- Drake Maye QB UNC

Move on from Prescott and bring in the young gunslinger who has a lot of potential to develop into something special. 

5. Anchorage- Brock Bowers TE UGA

Homer pick! But he brings an added dynamic to my offense at the position that we really need. 

6. Ivory Coast- Dallas Turner Edge Bama

Khalil Mack is aging and they like to have a three headed monster. I have them going Turner here as he is a bit different than Garrett and Young. More of a bendy speed rusher they can use him as a moveable hand down/stand up rusher type or wide 9. 

Cuba took and edge in the first last year but a great rotation without losing anything off the edge is vital. Coleman gets consideration here but with that receiver group they add to a position that needs more depth. I think if Cuba doesn’t trade this pick in a veteran QB trade they will wait to address QB in round 2 if Caleb and Drake are gone even though they love Penix.

8. Seoul- Keon Coleman WR FSU

Seoul needs additional receiver help and they find it here with the big and talented Coleman. What a fun complement to Pickens outside with Kelce still terrorizing the middle. Big target like him is a nice asset for a young QB like Richardson to vacuum in passes. 

9. Lancaster- Malik Nabers WR LSU

They need a more dynamic player at the position who can operate as a number one consistently. Nabers has the skill set and production to warrant that opportunity. He can play inside or outside and gives Lancaster a nice weapon in the passing game. 

10. Anchorage- Rome Odunze WR UW

I need another outside receiver to pair with Chase. Jamo and Burks haven’t shown much and JSN and Downs are mostly slated to slot duties right now although Downs is seeing more outside work as the year goes on. Odunze has a well rounded skill set and he doesn’t have to be the number one here.

11. Camden- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois 

Camden gets a talented inside pressure player to work in a rotation with Donald and Osa. Future Donald replacement nice to have a year ahead of time. 

12. Cancun- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson 

They need corner help and aren’t sure how White will bounce back. They’d like a receiver but none of the ones left are really worth pick 12 but plenty of talent there for them in round 2 where the value fits better. Wiggins I believe will rise and be in contention for the number one corner with Kool Aid. I think he translates better to the pros than Kool Aid.

13. Anchorage- JC Latham OT Bama

Joe Alt is here and he would get consideration but I have AT and Ikem both LT’s and Latham could come in and start at RT from day one. 

14. Berlin- Joe Alt OT Notre Dame

Berlin got a Witherspoon fall last year (6th on my board so a fall to me at least) and here they get Alt. Future Kolton replacement for the Blitz.

15. New Orleans- Kool Aid McKinstry CB Bama

NOLA adds to the corner group with Kool Aid and hope he can give them a nice boost to their corner group that could use the infusion of youth. 

16. Rome- Leonard Taylor lll INT Miami

A talented interior defensive player who could really give Rome a boost in the middle of their defense. Some other players could get looks here but I expect LT3 to rise and be a player that is coveted early in April. 

Yeah, I'm an Alt fan.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Whicker said:

I’m over the man 

We all are.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If @Blue passed on Joe Alt here I probably wouldn’t be happy based off of BPA value.

We would have to take Alt if he was there somehow. Move Broderick Jones inside to guard I guess.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

We’ll see what happens.