BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

they have Sewell locking up the other side

I don't know why y'all are giving Baltimore a pass on playing a right tackle on the left side. I can't think of a single other NFL right tackle who would get the same "it's fine" treatment from voters.

Edited by Blue

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know why y'all are giving Baltimore a pass on playing a right tackle on the left side. I can't think of a single other NFL right tackle who would get the same "it's fine" treatment from voters.

I would've given that same consideration to Wirfs the past few years. But I can understand why others would not give the benefit of the doubt there.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Why?

At least Sewell played LT in college.

I think it's more the unknown factor.  Same thing with a guy like Ramcyk.  I think he'd be fine as a LT in the NFL, but I couldn't blame anyone for assuming a slight downgrade having not seen him do it at this level

• Like 1

If they played LT in college,  and are dominant at RT in the pros  I'm more likely to give the pass.     
If they played LT in college,  and aren't a stud..  yeah I'm likely not giving the pass
If they didn't play LT in college, and are a stud RT.    I'm likely not to give the pass.
If they didn't play LT in college, and aren't a stud.    Good luck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I think it's more the unknown factor.  Same thing with a guy like Ramcyk.  I think he'd be fine as a LT in the NFL, but I couldn't blame anyone for assuming a slight downgrade having not seen him do it at this level

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Clearly Wirfs was athletic enough, I always felt even at the time of that draft that he easily could've played on the left side.

56 minutes ago, Blue said:

So did Lane Johnson. Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me you'd be fine with someone starting Lane at left tackle all season?

I meant...why would Wirfs get a full pass at LT before this season when he'd never done it at any level.  I could see Sewell getting dinged for it less cause he played LT in college.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I meant...why would Wirfs get a full pass at LT before this season when he'd never done it at any level.  I could see Sewell getting dinged for it less cause he played LT in college.

Because nothing about his play made me feel like he couldn't easily make that change at any point. I know most won't agree with me on this.

Edited by rackcs