BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

I think DeJean may end up at safety 

Oh, so you’re (badly) attempting to smokescreen by giving yourself the guy out for the season with a lower body injury who might play safety instead of the actual safety you have been raving about for months and looks like the top prospect at his position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh, so you’re (badly) attempting to smokescreen by giving yourself the guy out for the season with a lower body injury who might play safety instead of the actual safety you have been raving about for months and looks like the top prospect at his position.

Lol DeJean is 14th on my board. Kinchens is 20th. Kinchens is not very good in the run game through more film study I have done. He can improve there but it is a current concern for me. You’re talking to the guy who traded a bunch for JSN who barely played his last year. DeJean will be back healthy by Summer.

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Lol DeJean is 14th on my board. Kinchens is 20th. Kinchens is not very good in the run game through more film study I have done. He can improve there but it is a current concern for me. You’re talking to the guy who traded a bunch for JSN who barely played his last year. DeJean will be back healthy by Summer.

yeah sure we all believe you

Watching Trent play tonight makes me feel he's got several years left in him. Health is the question mark. RT needs addressing, but the top OTs will likely be slotted at LT, and there's mixed perspectives on flipping tackle sides.

I can see myself both trading down in the first as well as up from the second.

• Like 1

1.1 Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC

1.2 Raleigh- Marvin Harrison Jr WR 

1.3 Gotham- Drake Maye QB UNC

1.4 Ivory Coast- Brock Bowers TE UGA

1.5 Baltimore- Malik Nabers WR LSU

1.6 Anchorage- Olu Fashanu OT PSU 

1.7 Lancaster- Joe Alt OT ND

1.8 Seoul- Rome Odunze WR UW

1.9 Lancaster- Keon Coleman WR FSU

1.10 Anchorage- Dallas Turner Edge Bama

1.11 New Orleans- JC Latham OT Bama

1.12 Rome- Kool Aid McKinstry CB Bama

1.13 Greenland- Jared Verse Edge FSU

1.14 Anchorage- Kamren Kinchens S Miami (For Blue)

1.15 Cancun- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois 

1.16 Berlin- Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State

• Like 2

Singapore Sentinels 2024 Outlook - Offense

QB - We don't talk about QB. Oh no no. We don't talk about QB.

Find someone in FA or the tank again. Lighting can strike twice.

RB - Kyren Williams, Josh Jacobs, James Cook, A.J. Dillon, Zamir White

I think Jacobs resigns in LV and Dillon lands at a RB needy team in FA. Future is bright and I have four horseman again.

WR - Devante Adams, DeVonta Smith, Jakobi Meyers, Jerry Juedy (5th year), Jauan Jennings

Solid BDL core of receivers. Will look to add a depth piece in FA or Tank.

TE - Sam LaPorta, Davis Allen, Irv Smith Jr.

LaPorta is my franchise TE going forward and hoping Allen can become the next Higbee. Tank for some depth.

OT - Orlando Brown Jr., Kaleb McGary

I am fine with this starting pair but will look to add depth in FA/Tank/PFA.

OG - Tyler Smith, Will Hernandez, Andrew Vorhees, Will Fries (RFA), Sidy Sow (ERFA), Asim Richards (ERFA)

With Vorhees coming online next year and Fries an RFA I should be set at OG and give this years rookies time to develop. I can also see Tyler Smith sliding to LT if the Cowboys don't resign Tyron Smith. Richards would then fil his LG spot.

OC - Olu Oluwatimi, Evan Brown, Jake Andrews (ERFA)

I have my handcuff Centers and the future Andrews replacement. May add someone in the tank.

Basically kind of the same place I was in last year on offense with needing a QB. I think the surrounding pieces are good enough for a run again next year.

Defense to come soon...

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 7

Singapore Sentinels 2024 Outlook - Defense

DL - Arik Armstead, Zach Allen, Keeanu Benton, Larry Ogunjobi, D.J. Jones

Armstead is healthy and wrecking the middle. Allen is finally paying off as a FA this offseason and Benton is playing as a rookie in Pittsburgh. Ogunjobi and Jones are solid backups and this area may only need a tank player to complete.

Edge - Jonathan Greenard (3 Up), Uchenna Nwosu, Leonard Floyd, Arden Key, Azeez Ojulari, Lorenzo Carter

Greenard has earned his payday and Floyd is doing what Von Miller should be doing in Buffalo. If Nwosu can stay healthy I see three double digit sack guys. The others are good backups but can always use more pass rush.

LB - Dre Greenlaw, Kaden Ellis, Blake Cashman (3 Up?)

I paid the first two this offseason and it was worth it and if Cashman is reasonable will likely do the same. Because this is BDL will need to add some tank/pfa type player or two.

CB - Jaylon Johnson (3 Up), Charvarius Ward, Darius Slay (100%), Isaiah Oliver, Shaun Wade (CB/S)

I acquired the future secondary this year and will pay up next year for it. CB like Edge is always something you will look to improve but we are at an excellent starting point.

S - Jabrill Peppers, Brian Branch, Sydney Brown, Tycen Anderson, Ryan Neal, Adrian Phillips, Terrell Edmunds

Peppers has stepped into the ruby slippers of Devin McCourty and they fit perfectly. Branch will play the role I envisioned when I traded for and drafted him. Brown and Anderson will hopefully get more playing time. The back end guys will hopefully never see the BDL bench and hoping Phillips retires.

I like this group at all levels. It's the area I tried to improve the most before and during the season. I just can't quit that 49ers, Seahawks and now Texans style of defense but like the ability to go 3-4 when needed. I will spend the money this offseason on this side but with the cap increase should still have enough left over to be a player in FA and the Tank.