BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Keeping this in the discussion thread because I just found it more amusing than anything:

Mahomes weapons here aren’t much better than IRL. Receivers are marginally better but TE is vastly worse in BDL with a rookie.

So let's just agree that yes, Michael Mayer is a big downgrade from even a declining Travis Kelce at tight end. Even discounting Chris Olave who has almost as much yardage as Mahomes' IRL No. 1 and 2 receivers, my next five receivers each came into this week with more yardage and catches than Mahomes' IRL No. 2 receiver Justin Watson. One of those receivers has only played six games. XD

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Keeping this in the discussion thread because I just found it more amusing than anything:

So let's just agree that yes, Michael Mayer is a big downgrade from even a declining Travis Kelce at tight end. Even discounting Chris Olave who has almost as much yardage as Mahomes' IRL No. 1 and 2 receivers, my next five receivers each came into this week with more yardage and catches than Mahomes' IRL No. 2 receiver Justin Watson. One of those receivers has only played six games. XD

It's fine. I really only want to win so I can make a $100 waiver claim next week and use all my cap. That is my end goal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue said:

to be fair, your starting TE has about the same yardage as the chiefs backup TE, Olave and Kelce are having similar type of years.  Noah Brown vs insert Cheifs WR here is probably a wash; as is at RB, as you have a better rotation but Pacheco has outplayed Singletary.  WR being marginally better is a lol bad statement by him, but the overall weapons statement I think holds up

Just now, bcb1213 said:

to be fair, your starting TE has about the same yardage as the chiefs backup TE, Olave and Kelce are having similar type of years.  Noah Brown vs insert Cheifs WR here is probably a wash; as is at RB, as you have a better rotation but Pacheco has outplayed Singletary.  WR being marginally better is a lol bad statement by him, but the overall weapons statement I think holds up

The statement was about receivers specifically. Tight end is irrelevant. So is running back.

Noah Brown came into the week with more yardage and catches in 6 games than the KC No. 2 receiver in twice as many games, that's not a wash lol.

Edited by Blue

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

The statement was about receivers specifically. Tight end is irrelevant. So is running back.

Noah Brown came into the week with more yardage and catches in 6 games than the KC No. 2 receiver in twice as many games, that's not a wash lol.

Right, my argument was Kelce and Olave have similar numbers, Brown vs Rice actually goes to Rice, Mayer vs Gray is a wash, etc

If you're just using WR, its a clear Cancun win, you just quoted the weapons part in your first post

30 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

If you're just using WR, its a clear Cancun win, you just quoted the weapons part in your first post

Which is why I immediately stated that I agreed with SirA on tight end and then specifically discussed the receivers. Running back wasn't mentioned at any point.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Which is why I immediately stated that I agreed with SirA on tight end and then specifically discussed the receivers. Running back wasn't mentioned at any point.

Again, I don't think we're disagreeing much here.  Moreson the original post could have, and I originally took it as, you talking about the weapons group as a whole being much better because you both included it in the quote and talked about it, and not just WR which is what we now know you intended it as

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Again, I don't think we're disagreeing much here.  Moreson the original post could have, and I originally took it as, you talking about the weapons group as a whole being much better because you both included it in the quote and talked about it, and not just WR which is what we now know you intended it as

I made clear in the very first sentence that I was discussing WR only, not other players. It literally could not have been more explicit.

Edited by Blue