BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

On 12/15/2023 at 3:20 PM, SirA1 said:

That's dumb but ok. There used to be no waivers during the playoffs. We only added it for playoff teams like 3-4 years ago for injury purposes. 

I mean I still want to reduce Roster sizes down from 70 to 65 and cut the draft to 6 rounds with 3 rounds of PFA to make decisions actually matter but no one wants to do that.

I’m kind of into this

The biggest downside is having less trade capital to work with 

Just one mans opinion, but would hate taking out the 7th Round if it's just to add another round of PFA.     I like the flexibility of 7th rounders over PFA's.     

Don't really mind not being able to trade them,   but most of those 7th rounders aren't going to make an impact until year 2,  if at all.   Hate that PFA's are basically locked to your roster for 2 consecutive seasons if you decide to ERFA them.   

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Just one mans opinion, but would hate taking out the 7th Round if it's just to add another round of PFA.     I like the flexibility of 7th rounders over PFA's.     

Don't really mind not being able to trade them,   but most of those 7th rounders aren't going to make an impact until year 2,  if at all.   Hate that PFA's are basically locked to your roster for 2 consecutive seasons if you decide to ERFA them.   

Then don't ERFA tag them.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, rackcs said:

2023 BDL Awards

@Scoundrel@Xmad@Ragnarok@Malfatron@TedLavie@LAOJoe@Blue@MWil23@MD4L@Whicker@Pickle Rick@The Orca@PR@InjuredReserve@RuskieTitan@ny92mike@rackcs@MikeT14@WFLukic@EaglesPeteC@bcb1213@RedGold@SirA1

Waiver Wire and Draft Picks

Hey everyone, we had an exciting finish to the season with a number of games that had playoff implications. Now some are starting their playoff runs while others (like me) are at home twiddling their thumbs. We've all got opinions about who really makes impacts in this league so let's see who is right. For each of the categories below, PM me up to 3 names in a ranked order for each category. Your number 1 pick is the owner or player you think is most deserving of that award. Number 1 picks will get 3 points, the second choice 2 points, and the third choice gets 1 point. The owner or player with the most points will win that award.

Feel free to do as many or as few of the categories as you like but keep in mind that the best results will come from people providing input. The deadline for receiving these picks will be Thursday, December 21. This gives people just under two weeks to get their ballots in. I will the reveal the winners on the 22nd, the Friday before the BizzBowl. I've tagged everyone on the owner/co-owner spots in the workbook plus a few others but if there's anyone else who you think has followed enough to be able to contribute, feel free to tag them. I have provided another post with links to all waiver pickups and draft classes. Without further ado, here are the categories.

Best Executive
This award goes to the owner that people feel did the best job assembling their team this season. Whether through FA, the draft, trades, or even the waiver wire, the person who wins this award was someone who obtained good players on good deals and found those diamonds in the rough.

Best Coach
This award goes to the owner-coach who puts his players in the best position to succeed week in and week out. The person whose gameplans are always on point and can give anyone a run for their money on any given Sunday, regardless of the talent on their roster.

Best Draft Class
This award goes to the person who you feel had the best draft class. Maybe they picked the sure-fire day one starters or maybe they found some upside guys who contributed early. Who do you think got the most value out of their draft picks?

Best Waiver Claim
This award is for the owner who had the foresight to grab that guy when nobody else would. Did someone grab a guy right before you just because he had a higher preference in the waiver order? That guy is a son of a *****, but he might also have the best waiver claim of the year.

MVP
This award is for the most valuable player. We all know what an MVP is. Which player had the biggest affect at taking his team to the next level. Who was the QB...I mean player who always made you think, "Yeah, they probably get the win because of him."

Offensive Player of the Year
This award goes to the most offensive player in the league. And by that I mean the one who puts in the most work on offense, not the biggest *******. This is the player who just makes plays week in and week out for his team's offense.

Defensive Player of the Year
This award is for the player who has the biggest defensive impact on his team. He's the guy who made your life hell when you had to gameplan for him that week, who always gives trouble to the opposing offense.

Offensive Rookie of the Year
This award goes to the rookie on offense who stepped in day one and made an impact. It doesn't matter if they were the first overall pick or someone who got picked up in the shark tank.

Defensive Rookie of the Year
This award is for the rookie who balled out on defense all year. Maybe they're a CB who shut down opposing WRs. Maybe it's a pass rusher who made life hell for the opposing QBs. Maybe it's an INT guy who blows **** up at the line on a regular basis.

Comeback Player of the Year
This award is for a player who came on strong this year after struggling in the previous one. They could have struggled because of an injury or just had a down year. Whatever the reason, they made a huge improvement on the previous year.

Breakout Player of the Year
This is for the non-rookie player who broke out big time this year. Don't call it a comeback, because they haven't ever played like this before. A guy who really stepped up out of nowhere and made an impact on the BDL landscape.

Penultimate bump for the BDL awards. Very close races this year for almost every category. Final day for voting is Thursday with results on Friday.

• Like 1

1.1 Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC

1.2 Raleigh- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU

1.3 Gotham- Brock Bowers TE UGA

1.4 Ivory Coast- Jayden Daniels QB LSU

1.5 Baltimore- Malik Nabers WR LSU

1.6 Anchorage- Olu Fashanu OT PSU

1.7 Lancaster- Drake Maye QB UNC

1.8 Seoul- Rome Odunze WR UW

1.9 Lancaster- Keon Coleman WR FSU

1.10 Anchorage- Joe Alt OT ND

1.11 Anchorage- Dallas Turner Edge Bama

1.12 Rome- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

1.13 New Orleans- Kool Aid McKinstry CB Bama

1.14 Greenland- Jared Verse Edge FSU

1.15 Cancun- Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU

1.16 Berlin- JC Latham OT Bama

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

GG @Blue @MWil23

Happy that Camden gets one last Bizz Bowl appearance but also one last Friendship Bowl against New Orleans

Best wishes going forward.

But I’ll say this, I will be holstering this one for a while going forward. A 10-1 beatdown is more than a disappointment, and I take it personally. 

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Best wishes going forward.

But I’ll say this, I will be holstering this one for a while going forward. A 10-1 beatdown is more than a disappointment, and I take it personally. 

My first playoff game ever was a beatdown by Blue.

I think that's the first time I've beaten him in the playoffs - or maybe even at all for all I remember - since then

• Like 2