Rome Eternals Sedric Van Pran, C, Georgia
Raleigh Firebirds (Cancun) Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
Raleigh Firebirds (Berlin) Tyleik Williams, INT, Ohio State
New Orleans Jazz Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas
Camden Hood Rats Kris Jenkins, INT, Michigan
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, rackcs said:

2023 BDL Awards

@Scoundrel@Xmad@Ragnarok@Malfatron@TedLavie@LAOJoe@Blue@MWil23@MD4L@Whicker@Pickle Rick@The Orca@PR@InjuredReserve@RuskieTitan@ny92mike@rackcs@MikeT14@WFLukic@EaglesPeteC@bcb1213@RedGold@SirA1

Waiver Wire and Draft Picks

Hey everyone, we had an exciting finish to the season with a number of games that had playoff implications. Now some are starting their playoff runs while others (like me) are at home twiddling their thumbs. We've all got opinions about who really makes impacts in this league so let's see who is right. For each of the categories below, PM me up to 3 names in a ranked order for each category. Your number 1 pick is the owner or player you think is most deserving of that award. Number 1 picks will get 3 points, the second choice 2 points, and the third choice gets 1 point. The owner or player with the most points will win that award.

Feel free to do as many or as few of the categories as you like but keep in mind that the best results will come from people providing input. The deadline for receiving these picks will be Thursday, December 21. This gives people just under two weeks to get their ballots in. I will the reveal the winners on the 22nd, the Friday before the BizzBowl. I've tagged everyone on the owner/co-owner spots in the workbook plus a few others but if there's anyone else who you think has followed enough to be able to contribute, feel free to tag them. I have provided another post with links to all waiver pickups and draft classes. Without further ado, here are the categories.

Best Executive
This award goes to the owner that people feel did the best job assembling their team this season. Whether through FA, the draft, trades, or even the waiver wire, the person who wins this award was someone who obtained good players on good deals and found those diamonds in the rough.

Best Coach
This award goes to the owner-coach who puts his players in the best position to succeed week in and week out. The person whose gameplans are always on point and can give anyone a run for their money on any given Sunday, regardless of the talent on their roster.

Best Draft Class
This award goes to the person who you feel had the best draft class. Maybe they picked the sure-fire day one starters or maybe they found some upside guys who contributed early. Who do you think got the most value out of their draft picks?

Best Waiver Claim
This award is for the owner who had the foresight to grab that guy when nobody else would. Did someone grab a guy right before you just because he had a higher preference in the waiver order? That guy is a son of a *****, but he might also have the best waiver claim of the year.

MVP
This award is for the most valuable player. We all know what an MVP is. Which player had the biggest affect at taking his team to the next level. Who was the QB...I mean player who always made you think, "Yeah, they probably get the win because of him."

Offensive Player of the Year
This award goes to the most offensive player in the league. And by that I mean the one who puts in the most work on offense, not the biggest *******. This is the player who just makes plays week in and week out for his team's offense.

Defensive Player of the Year
This award is for the player who has the biggest defensive impact on his team. He's the guy who made your life hell when you had to gameplan for him that week, who always gives trouble to the opposing offense.

Offensive Rookie of the Year
This award goes to the rookie on offense who stepped in day one and made an impact. It doesn't matter if they were the first overall pick or someone who got picked up in the shark tank.

Defensive Rookie of the Year
This award is for the rookie who balled out on defense all year. Maybe they're a CB who shut down opposing WRs. Maybe it's a pass rusher who made life hell for the opposing QBs. Maybe it's an INT guy who blows **** up at the line on a regular basis.

Comeback Player of the Year
This award is for a player who came on strong this year after struggling in the previous one. They could have struggled because of an injury or just had a down year. Whatever the reason, they made a huge improvement on the previous year.

Breakout Player of the Year
This is for the non-rookie player who broke out big time this year. Don't call it a comeback, because they haven't ever played like this before. A guy who really stepped up out of nowhere and made an impact on the BDL landscape.

Final bump for the BDL awards. Low voter participation this year and there's still a ton of close categories. Winners will be announced tomorrow so get those votes in soon!

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Round 1  
Team Pick
Greenland Polar Bears Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Raleigh Firebirds Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Gotham Gashslayers Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Las Vegas Bangers Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Anchorage Trappers (Hungary) Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Lancaster Werewolves (Cuba) Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Seoul Dragons Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
Lancaster Werewolves Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Anchorage Trappers (Singapore) Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Anchorage Trappers Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Rome Eternals Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Cancun Kaiju Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Berlin Blitzkrieg Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
New Orleans Jazz Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
Greenland Polar Bears (Camden) Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State

Round 2  
Team Pick
Greenland Polar Bears Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Raleigh Firebirds Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Gotham Gashslayers Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Las Vegas Bangers Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
Hungary Hippos JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Lancaster Werewolves (Cuba) Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Seoul Dragons J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Lancaster Werewolves Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
Las Vegas Bangers (Singapore) Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Anchorage Trappers Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
Rome Eternals Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Cancun Kaiju Troy Fautanu, OG, Washington
Berlin Blitzkrieg Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
New Orleans Jazz Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
Greenland Polar Bears (Camden) Graham Barton, OL, Duke

Round 3  
Team Pick
Lancaster Werewolves (Greenland) Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Seoul Dragons (Raleigh) Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State
Gotham Gashslayers Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Kalen King, CB, Penn State
Anchorage Trappers (Las Vegas) Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
Hungary Hippos Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
Lancaster Werewolves (Cuba) Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
Seoul Dragons Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Lancaster Werewolves Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
Berlin Blitzkrieg (Singapore) TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Anchorage Trappers Calen Bullock, S, USC
Rome Eternals Leonard Taylor, INT, Miami
Cancun Kaiju Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Berlin Blitzkrieg Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
New Orleans Jazz Ruke Orhorhoro, INT, Clemson
Greenland Polar Bears (Camden) Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina

Round 4  
Team  
Greenland Polar Bears Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
Anchorage Trappers (Raleigh) Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
Gotham Gashslayers Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
Las Vegas Bangers TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State
Hungary Hippos T'Vondre Sweat, INT, Texas
Raleigh Firebirds (Cuba) Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest
Berlin Blitzkrieg (Seoul) Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina
Lancaster Werewolves Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
Raleigh Firebirds (Singapore) Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Cancun Kaiju (Anchorage) Trey Benson, RB, Florida State

I was so excited to see you post until I saw no round 4.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I was so excited to see you post until I saw no round 4.

I think once we get into January at some point I'll start going past round 4. I like to slowly build up round by round to help me familiarize myself with prospects.

41 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Rack I’d be happy to have any of those picks after Penix at 4.2 instead of him. But I do get the need to get a backup QB.

Yeah kind of a value pick with Penix. You need a backup QB and have also shown that you will take a QB as a potential trade piece. Certainly considered some other directions there as well.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I think once we get into January at some point I'll start going past round 4. I like to slowly build up round by round to help me familiarize myself with prospects.

Yeah kind of a value pick with Penix. You need a backup QB and have also shown that you will take a QB as a potential trade piece. Certainly considered some other directions there as well.

Completely makes sense. Just a lot of talent below that pick

1.1 Greenland Polar Bears: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

I am convinced Daniels goes No. 1 overall IRL due to his NFL size, plus athleticism, ridiculous production, and experience in the SEC. I see no reason that won't happen in BDL too.

1.2 Raleigh Firebirds: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Raleigh still hasn't figured out QB but at the end of the day, they just took Bryce Young 2nd overall last year and can't afford to pass on a potential star at receiver. I don't believe Drake Maye is worth the 2nd pick and Caleb Williams likely reminds Pete too much of Kyler Murray and Young.

1.3 Gotham Gashslayers: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

With Tyreek Hill, Tee Higgins, and Adam Thielen all hitting FA this offseason, Gotham needs another receiver in order to continue running their widely-panned 4 WR base offense. They'd love to get Harrison here but settle for what is looking like the No. 2 WR prospect in this class. However, I think Gotham will desperately look to trade out of this spot (likely to Lancaster at 7 or Anchorage at 10/11) with big needs along the defensive line and no prospect worthy of the No. 3 pick at those positions.

1.4 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

Ivory Coast needs to get the QB position right, but I don't believe Ruskie loves Williams or Maye and there are likely to be options available at their 2nd round pick. Offensive tackle is a huge need with Dillon Radunz barely startable IRL and Trent Williams rapidly trending down on the health front with a 17k/year cap hit.

1.5 Las Vegas Bangers: Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Las Vegas has zero ties with current starter Lamar Jackson and may view him as a more valuable trade asset than talent given his current contract. They can get a player with a similar skillset at 5 to rebuild around, and IR strikes me as the kind of guy to fall in love with a QB based on his highlight reel (which is not a criticism of this pick at all).

1.6 Anchorage Trappers (via Hungary): Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

Whatever he might say, Scoundrel will want to get one of his favorite players. Not only is Bowers a weapon in his own right, he gives Anchorage the flexibility to run more 2 TE sets and potentially trade one of Njoku or Likely to acquire future picks, which Anchorage loves to do.

1.7 Lancaster Werewolves (via Cuba): Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame

Regardless of what Lancaster thinks of Braxton Jones, it's clear the rest of the league doesn't view him as a BDL level starter at left tackle. Alt is the clear-cut OT2 in this class and I don't believe Rack will make the same mistake of waiting at tackle that he made with Trevor Penning two drafts ago. WR is also a need but this is a very deep class at the position and I think Lancaster has several targets they're happy with later on.

1.8 Seoul Dragons: Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama

This was a tough choice between Turner and Jared Verse, but I believe Turner tests better. Seoul doesn't value Edge as much as interior DL in the passing game and has a lot of bodies at the position, but the lack of a true star there has clearly hurt them and I think RedGold gets the message this offseason. Turner has been an absolute star this year and I think he tests well athletically, the latter of which is a common theme in Seoul pass rusher draft picks. I do expect Seoul to try and trade down a couple spots (probably to Anchorage at 10/11 or another team looking to jump Lancaster for a receiver) to accumulate additional 2025 picks because the demand for edge rushers doesn't look terribly high this year and they can get their guy a little later.

1.9 Lancaster Werewolves: Keon Coleman, WR, FSU

Lancaster grabs their top choice at receiver, a big body who can function as the badly-needed deep threat in their offense. In fact, I think it's very possible Lancaster expends some of their immense draft capital to go up from 7 and get their preferred OT at 3 and wait to see which receiver drops to them at 9.

1.10 Anchorage Trappers (via Singapore): Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Anchorage loves their receivers and is adamant about finding a running mate for Ja'marr Chase out wide who can stretch the field. Odunze definitely fits the bill and gives Anchorage a ton of flexibility in how they line up.

1.11 Anchorage Trappers: Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami (FL)

Kinchens is the top safety prospect by a big margin and Anchorage needs help there with Kamren Curl a free agent and Talanoa Hufanga struggling in coverage even before getting hurt going into his RFA tag season. Anchorage can't count on Kinchens making it another 15 picks, so they need to grab him here and hold off on filling their need at tackle, where there's greater depth in this class and they're likely to patch with Ikem Ekwonu and a veteran this season anyways.

1.12 Rome Eternals: Jer'zahn Newton, DT, Illinois

Rome generally goes BPA in the draft, but with zero starting DTs under contract for next year and a weak class at the position, they go ahead and get the top guy. Newton's stock likely depends on his testing and I think Bcb would prefer to trade out of this spot and get him in the early 2nd, so be prepared to watch him sit on this pick through his entire time on the clock.

1.13 Cancun Kaiju: Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

This is pretty much an expected but nightmare scenario for us, with the top 5 non-QB skill players off the board and no defensive tackle or interior OL prospects worthy of this selection. We would likely try to trade up or down, but if the pick is made, it's likely the top CB in the class. Arnold has the combination of athleticism, size, and production we love in our defensive backs, and Bama has had a strong track record at developing corners over the past several years.

1.14 Berlin Blitzkrieg: Jared Verse, Edge, FSU

Another team that would love to get some interior OL help but doesn't see the value on the board, edge rusher is a spot where Berlin looks set at starters for next year but will need to think of the future after the 2024 season. Verse could be their top rotational Edge as a rookie and gives them a year to think about who they can afford to keep along the defensive line going forward.

1.15 New Orleans Jazz: Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

This team is old old old in the secondary; if Kam Kinchens were available, he would be a no-brainer pick. Wiggins looks like the CB1/2 in this class and should be an easy selection for the Jazz, who can't really afford (literally) to trade out of this spot.

1.16 Greenland Polar Bears (via Camden): Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

A CB run as the Polar Bears have a lot of top end talent and almost zero depth at any position. WR and defensive end are both options as well given the free agents and health issues, respectively, at those position, but instead the unreliability/contract of Marshon Lattimore and the struggles of Emmanuel Forbes/Tariq Woolen force Greenland's hand.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, rackcs said:

Round 1  
Team Pick
Greenland Polar Bears Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Raleigh Firebirds Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Gotham Gashslayers Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Las Vegas Bangers Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Anchorage Trappers (Hungary) Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Lancaster Werewolves (Cuba) Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Seoul Dragons Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
Lancaster Werewolves Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Anchorage Trappers (Singapore) Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Anchorage Trappers Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Rome Eternals Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Cancun Kaiju Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Berlin Blitzkrieg Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
New Orleans Jazz Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
Greenland Polar Bears (Camden) Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State

Round 2  
Team Pick
Greenland Polar Bears Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Raleigh Firebirds Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Gotham Gashslayers Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Las Vegas Bangers Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
Hungary Hippos JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Lancaster Werewolves (Cuba) Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Seoul Dragons J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Lancaster Werewolves Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
Las Vegas Bangers (Singapore) Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Anchorage Trappers Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
Rome Eternals Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Cancun Kaiju Troy Fautanu, OG, Washington
Berlin Blitzkrieg Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
New Orleans Jazz Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
Greenland Polar Bears (Camden) Graham Barton, OL, Duke

Round 3  
Team Pick
Lancaster Werewolves (Greenland) Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Seoul Dragons (Raleigh) Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State
Gotham Gashslayers Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Kalen King, CB, Penn State
Anchorage Trappers (Las Vegas) Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
Hungary Hippos Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
Lancaster Werewolves (Cuba) Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
Seoul Dragons Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Lancaster Werewolves Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
Berlin Blitzkrieg (Singapore) TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Anchorage Trappers Calen Bullock, S, USC
Rome Eternals Leonard Taylor, INT, Miami
Cancun Kaiju Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Berlin Blitzkrieg Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
New Orleans Jazz Ruke Orhorhoro, INT, Clemson
Greenland Polar Bears (Camden) Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina

Round 4  
Team  
Greenland Polar Bears Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
Anchorage Trappers (Raleigh) Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
Gotham Gashslayers Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
Las Vegas Bangers TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State
Hungary Hippos T'Vondre Sweat, INT, Texas
Raleigh Firebirds (Cuba) Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest
Berlin Blitzkrieg (Seoul) Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina
Lancaster Werewolves Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
Raleigh Firebirds (Singapore) Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Cancun Kaiju (Anchorage) Trey Benson, RB, Florida State

That's an ugly Hungary draft.

2023 BDL Awards

Best Draft Class
1. Berlin Blitzkrieg (25)
2. Singapore Sentinels (10)
3. Cuba Smugglers (8)
Others receiving votes: Lancaster Werewolves (5), Seoul Dragons (5), Gotham Gashslayers (4), Hungary Hippos (3), Rome Eternals (2), Anchorage Trappers (1)

Best Waiver Claim
1. Baker Mayfield (13)
2. Geno Stone (11)
3. Brandon Stephens (6)
Others receiving votes: Zack Moss (5), Noah Brown (4), Bryce Huff (3), Ja'Quan McMillian (2), Jason Pinnock (2), Dontayvion Wicks (2), Jake Bobo (1), Blake Cashman (1), Jarrett Patterson (1)

• Like 1

2023 BDL Awards

Comeback POTY
1t. Breece Hall, RB, Anchorage Trappers (7)
1t. Baker Mayfield, QB, Camden Hood Rats (7)
1t. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Greenland Polar Bears/Camden Hood Rats (7)
Others receiving votes: TJ Watt (5), Jessie Bates (4), Russell Wilson (4), Khalil Mack (3), Joe Flacco (2), Stephon Gilmore (2), Matthew Stafford (2), Courtland Sutton (1), D'Andre Swift (1)

Breakout POTY
1. DaRon Bland, CB, Rome Eternals (15)
2. Justin Madubuike, INT, Lancaster Werewolves (10)
3. Nico Collins, WR, Camden Hood Rats (9)
Others receiving votes: James Cook (7), Brandon Aiyuk (5), L'Jarius Sneed (4), Paulson Adebo (4), Kayvon Thibodeaux (3), Josh Allen, EDGE (1), Sam Howell (1), Jordan Love (1)

• Like 2