BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Akureyri review for 2023 and moving into 2024.

Projected Cap Space:  $85,123
Roster Spots: 52
Draft Picks: 15

QB(1):  Anthony Richardson
Losses:  Derek Carr,  Jameis Winston
Analysis:  We are still excited about the potential of Richardson,  and we like what he showed in his limited showing this year.   Sadly,  our biggest concern is him staying heatlhy.  The guy needs to figure out how to stay on the field,  any more development to his skillset involves more game reps.
Offseason outlook:  Counting on Richardson to remain healthy is a risk we should not take,  we will be aggressive at bringing more youth here if one of the top guys fall to us,  but FA is also a viable option as we need stabiliaty here.
Draft Chances: 50%.    

RB(3): Kenneth Walker  //  Javonte Williams  //  Dameon Pierce
Loses:  N/A
Analysis:  While I'm not sure we have anyone that most would rank near the top,  we like the youth we have here.  Walker has shown a knack for the big play, but he will likely always be banged up at some point throughout the season.   Williams is still the top dawg for me and I believe the offseason will be key to regain his burst.   Pierce has had a disappointing season, but we still value his skillset greatly.  Between Williams and Pierce, we have 2 backs that want to run through a brick wall and our just tough to bring down.
Offseason outlook:  We are comfortable with our top 3 backs and are expecting Williams and Pierce to both increase productivity in 2024.   Expect us to continue looking at the draft to keep this position stocked up.
Draft Chances: 90%

WR(5):  George Pickens  //  Tank Dell  //  Zay Jones  //  Rashod Bateman  //  Tyler Scott
Losses:  Brandin Cooks, Kadarius Toney, Mecole Hardman
Analysis:  Some good, but mostly bad for our progression this year at WR.   Pitts offense doesn't do much for helping Pickens, but he needs to clean up the maturity.   Tank was a fun surpise and despite the size/durablity concerns, he will be a nice compliment piece.  Tyler Scott hasn't done much/had many opportunities,  but the speed is real and he really can leave some guys in the dust.   2024 should provide more opportunities.  Jones and Bateman should really be #4-6 guys and we hope to eventually get them into that role.
Off-Season Outlook:  We have some pieces, but mostly we have guys playing 1-2 spots over what they are producing for.  Expect to see this position targeting in both the draft and FA.  
Draft Chances: 100%

TE(3):  Travis Kelce  //  Pat Freiermuth  //  Trey McBride
Analysis:  I mean,,  no complaints here obviously.  Muth is underutilized, but even despite Kelce getting older  we are definitely 3 deep here with excellent options to work with.
Off-Season Outlook:  I never go into a draft/off-season completely writing off a position,  so expect us to play the value game here.  We will look to add another TE, will just play the value game.

OT(7):  Ronnie Stanley  //  Tytus Howard  //  Donovan Smith  //  Anton Harrison  //  Dawand Jones  //  Jaelyn Duncan  //   Alijah Vera-Tucker
Analysis:  Well the RT position looks set for years.  We will have to let the offseason play out and hopefully one of Dawand or Anton get a chance to lock down LT.   Stanley is still good when he's on the field,  Tytus was looking to break out at RT before injury and has dropped play once again inside at Guard.   We will wait and see what happens for each player during the offseason, but this is a position we will probably rework some of the cap.  
Off-Season Outlook:  We are happy with the youth we have,  even Duncan had a couple weeks of promising play before derailing last week.   A lot of what we do will depend on how the young guys offseasons go,  definitely a position we may look to move/flip some cap around.
Draft Chances: 50%

OG(4):  Joe Thuney  //  James Daniels  //  Dylan Parham  //  Cody Mauch
Losses:  Andrus Peat
Analysis:  We spend quite a bit more than most at the Guard position, but Thuney is more than worth it  and we like the skillset Daniels brings to the offense.  We hope Pitt changes some things to help because they do have talent on that side of the ball.   Parham really turned it around late after a disappointing start.  Mauch has a long way to go, and making me regret my philosophy on drafting older prospects.
Off-Season Outlook:  We still like the starters, and we should for what we pay.  Parham is nice as the 3rd guy.  We will look to bring in some young upside once again here.

OC(2):  Joe Tippman  //  Mason Cole
Analysis:  The weaklink out of OL group, but we like what Tippman has shown early.   It is not exactly thrilling to be relying on a Jets OL though.  Cole definitely had a down year,  but he has shown he can be an above average guy at the position.. again for the 4th time,  we hope Pitt fixing the offense does wonders for many of our players.  
Off-Season Outlook:  We like the 2 guys we have, but neither are playing to a BDL starter level right now.  Not many have 3 options at Center, but we will look to add to this group.  We will take the value here,  if a guy is there in the draft we won't hesitate, but sliding Tippman down to #2 and Cole down to #3 would likely be best case.

Edge(7):  Charles Omenihu  //  Dayo Odeyingbo  //  David Ojabo  //  Derick Hall  //  BJ Ojulari  //  Josh Paschal  //  Sam Williams
Losses:  Dayo Odeyingbo(RFA) ,  Marcus Davenport, Carlos Basham, Payton Turner(RFA)
Analysis:  Well,  it's not good..  but it is MUCH better than I went into last offseason.   Omenihu/Dayo are very solid depth guys, and I still like the promise of Ojabo, Hall, and Ojulari as pass rushers.     Paschal is meh, but has sticking out a bit more lately..  Sam Williams was a massive disappointment for me this year.
Off-Season Outlook:  Expect some big moves here,   We like the pieces but we don't have anyone to make this position jump out.   
Draft Chances:  100%

Int(4):  Dexter Lawrence  //  DJ Reader  //  Khalen Saunders  //  Bobby Brown 
Loses:  Foley Fatukasi, Greg Gaines
Analysis:  Our love for the fat guys is known,  Lawrence and Reader are both still excellent and do a lot of the dirty work.  Saunders doesn't do anything special, but he's a nice plugger and he's fun to watch.   Brown is likely a sub500 cut as he was non-excistent with his chances.
Off-Season Outlook:   We got the big guys,  but expect some more moves here.   This position can still improve and we will look to build on what we have.

LB(2):  Damone Clark  //  Markquese Bell
Loses:  Markquese Bell(ERFA), CJ Mosley, De'Vondre Campbell, Isaiah Simmons
Analysis:  Damone and Bell have shown pretty good this year,  we still expect a jump from both,, but both really should be situational players.  Neither are good enough in the run game to really lead a LB room right now.
Off-Season Outlook:  With only 2 LB's rostered,  expect quite a few moves in both FA and Draft wise at this spot.  
Draft Chances:  100%

CB(8): Trent McDuffie  //  Kyler Gordon  //  Nate Hobbs  //  Jaylon Jones  //  Garrett Williams  //  Tre Hawkins  //  Kaiir Elam  //  Clark Phillips
Loses:  Nate Hobbs(RFA),  Tre Hawkins(ERFA) ,  Donte Jackson, Adoree Jackson, Kenny Moore, Taron Johnson
Analysis:  McDuffie is a dawg and I can line him up anywhere with success.  Gordon/Hobbs/Jones both showed good things this year.   Kenny Moore I suppose could be brough back, but we like the options on the interior.   Elam makes me sad after a semi-promising rookie year.  Williams and Phillips have gotten their feet wet, but need more from them.  Hawkins went from promising, to maybe not tendered.
Off-Season Outlook:  We have McDuffie and some pieces.   In a perfect world Gordon/Hobbs/Jones are our 4th-7th CB's.  Expect some moves in both FA and Draft wise at this spot.

Saf(6):  Dax Hill  //  Kerby Joseph  //  Bryan Cook  //  Jordan Battle  //  Richie Grant  //  Nick Cross
Analysis:  Hill/Joseph/Cook all showed great things this year, and we like that 3 man rotation.   All can play deep and come up, gives a lot of versatility.   Battle came in a did some nice things as a rookie,  Cross has been getting on the field lately which is an improvement, but Grant has had a down year to say the least.
Off-Season Outlook:  I would never count out me adding another safety,  we will play the value game here.. if a single high safety is sitting there..  I wouldn't rule it out. 

• Like 3

1.1 Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC
1.2 Raleigh- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU
1.3 Gotham- Brock Bowers TE UGA
1.4 Cancun (from IC)- Malik Nabers WR LSU
1.5 Lancaster (from LV)- Olu Fashanu OT PSU 
1.6 Anchorage- Joe Alt OT ND
1.7 Lancaster- Rome Odunze WR UW
1.8 Akureyi- Drake Maye QB UNC
1.9 Las Vegas- Keon Coleman WR FSU
1.10 Anchorage- Dallas Turner Edge Bama
1.11 Raleigh (from Anchorage)- Jayden Daniels QB LSU
1.12 Rome- Kool Aid-McKinstry CB Bama
1.13 Ivory Coast- JC Latham OT Bama
1.14 Berlin- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
1.15. NOLA- Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA
1.16. Greenland- Jared Verse Edge FSU

2.1. Greenland- Kam Kinchens S Miami
2.2. Anchorage- Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU
2.3. Gotham- Troy Franklin WR Oregon
2.4. Ivory Coast- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois 
2.5. Las Vegas- Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
2.6. Hungary- Terrion Arnold CB Bama
2.7. Lancaster- Cooper DeJean DB Iowa
2.8. Akureyi- Emeka Egbuka WR OSU
2.9. Lancaster- JT Tuimoloau Edge OSU
2.10. Las Vegas- Kalen King CB PSU
2.11. Anchorage- Kamari Lassiter CB UGA
2.12. Rome- Chop Robinson Edge PSU
2.13 Cancun- Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
2.14 Berlin- Amarius Mims OT UGA
2.15 New Orleans- Tyler Guyton OT OU
2.16 Greenland- Denzel Burke CB OSU

3.1 Lancaster- Xavier Worthy WR Texas
3.2 Akureyi- Graham Barton OG Duke
3.3 Gotham- Ja’Tavion Sanders TE Texas
3.4 Ivory Coast- JJ McCarthy QB UM
3.5 Anchorage- Troy Fautanu OG UW
3.6 Hungary- Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
3.7 Lancaster- Sedrick Van Pran C UGA
3.8 Akureyi- Bralen Trice Edge UW
3.9 Lancaster- Bo Nix QB Oregon
3.10 Berlin- Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon
3.11 Anchorage- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas 
3.12 Rome- Leonard Taylor lll INT Miami
3.13 Ivory Coast (from Cancun)- Jeremiah Trotter Jr LB Clemson 
3.14 Berlin- Ja’Lynn Polk WR UW
3.15 New Orleans- TJ Tampa CB ISU
3.16 Greenland- Trey Benson RB FSU

4.1 Greenland- Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
4.2 Anchorage- Tyler Nubin S Minnesota 
4.3 Gotham- Michael Penix QB UW
4.4 Ivory Coast- Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
4.5 Las Vegas- Chris Braswell Edge Bama
4.6 Hungary- Patrick Paul OT Houston
4.7 Anchorage (from Raleigh)- Zach Frazier IOL WVU
4.8 Berlin- Calen Bullock S USC
4.9 Las Vegas (from Lancaster)- Khyree Jackson CB Oregon 
4.10 Raleigh- DJ James CB Auburn
4.11 Cancun- Cooper Beebe OG KSU
4.12 Rome- TreVeyon Henderson RB OSU
4.13 Cancun- Tez Walker WR UNC
4.14 Raleigh- Jordan Morgan OL Arizona
4.15 New Orleans- Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
4.16 Camden- Ricardo Hallman CB Wisconsin 

• Like 6

Berlin Offseason Report

Projected Cap: $142,228 assuming Tremaine and Thornhill 3Downs and no RFAs, 3Ups, or 5th year options($82,572 available)
Plan: Try to retain Wirfs, Aiyuk, Winfield, Derrick, Jordyn in order, build around the young QB(s), fill in with vets as needed

QB: CJ Stroud - Jordan Love
Losses: Malik Willis
Analysis: If we keep Love, we feel very good about this position going into next year pending the last few weeks.  That said, if one of the big 3 QBs is there at 14, we will grab and stash them.

RB: Isiah Pacheco – DeVon Achane - Tony Pollard – Deuce Vaughn – Sean Tucker
Losses: Kenneth Gainwell
Analysis: We love our top 3 and Gainwell is a decent depth RB, but not worth $1k as an RFA probably.  We have two unknown rookies.  Another mid-round RB will get drafted.

WR: Brandon Aiyuk(3Up) – Garrett Wilson – Drake London – Romeo Doubs – Jayden Reed – DeMario Douglas – Kayshon Boutte
Losses: None
Analysis: Aiyuk will be 3Upped.  Everyone else is cost controlled and we feel very good about this position going into next year.  But this is a great WR draft class, so I wouldn’t be surprised if one ends up being a value too good to pass on.

TE: Dallas Goedert – Darnell Washington
Losses: Teagan Quitoranio
Analysis: Goedert is a top tier TE and Darnell has proven to be a very good blocker, but he is more of a #3 right now.  A viable #2 TE needs to be added.

OT: Kolton Miller – Tristan Wirfs(3Up)
Losses: Mike McGlinchey
Analysis: Our OT tandem can go up against any pair in BDL, but there’s nothing behind them.  We love this OT class and an early pick will very likely be used here.

OG: Ben Powers – Nate Davis – Ed Ingram – Spencer Burford
Losses: Ryan Bates
Analysis: Powers has been what we hoped when we signed him in FA.  RG has been a turnstile of injuries and poor play and must get fixed.

OC: Drew Dalman(RFA) – Jarrett Patterson
Losses: Corey Linsley(retirement?) – Robert Hainsey
Analysis: Linsley may retire(kept his salary on the books here in case he doesn’t) and Hainsey is just not very good.  Dalman has been shockingly serviceable this year after being god awful in 2022.  Patterson was very good before being hurt.  Even if Linsley retires, we feel pretty good about Dalman and Patterson going into next year, but need another body here.

ED: Trey Hendrickson – Baron Browning(RFA) – Nik Bonitto – Joe Tryon – Alex Wright – Zach Harrison
Losses: Samson Ebukam – Yetur Gross-Matos – Justin Houston – Patrick Jones II – Ade Ogundeji
Analysis: Hendrickson is a top tier pass rusher, but like last year, there are a number of question marks behind him.  Draft capital and FA money needs to go here, especially if a reliable vet is available.

DL: Quinnen Williams – Derrick Brown(5th year) – Mazi Smith – DeMarvin Leal – Ta’Quon Graham – Kurt Hinish – Siaki Ika
Analysis: Quinnen and Derrick are a great tandem, but when Kurt Hinish is the most reliable guy after them, a new body or two is needed.  Probably in FA.

LB: Terrel Bernard – Jordyn Brookes(maybe?) – Kyzir White - Chad Muma – Jack Gibbens
Losses: Tremaine Edmunds(3D)
Analysis: Bernard was a very pleasant surprise at MLB and Jordyn made a quick comeback from his ACL injury.  We would love to retain Jordyn if possible.  Kyzir and Gibbens had solid years for their clubs and are good depth LBers.  Tremaine hasn’t been worth his cost.

CB: Devon Witherspoon – Christian Benford – Benjamin St-Juste – Deonte Banks – DJ Turner – Eric Stokes
Analysis: Witherspoon and Benford were very good this year and have starting spots for next year.  Banks and Turner hopefully take that next step in their 2nd year.  I view St-Juste as a plus BDL starter, but no one else does, so it is what it is.  Stokes will always be remembered for his contributions to our championship season.  A player or two will likely be added in the draft.

S: Antoine Winfield(3Up) – Camryn Bynum(RFA) – JL Skinner – Jammie Robinson
Losses: Juan Thornhill
Analysis: Winfield will be brought back and Bynum has been very good in his 3rd year.  Thornhill hasn’t been worth the cost and we have two rookies who
have shown nothing.  A vet or two needs to be added.

• Like 3

I like the mock @Scoundrel. Highlights for me:

- Rd1 Trade Down: At pick 5 I do expect interest and I see my chances of trading down to be around 50%. So I like seeing it there.

- Rd2: Kalen King is the pick you are most likely to have 100% nailed. With the board playing out that way I do take him there.

- Rd4: I like some of the OL guys there more than edge. But, not a huge deal.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:08 AM, Scoundrel said:

1.1 Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC
1.2 Raleigh- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU
1.3 Gotham- Brock Bowers TE UGA
1.4 Cancun (from IC)- Malik Nabers WR LSU
1.5 Lancaster (from LV)- Olu Fashanu OT PSU 
1.6 Anchorage- Joe Alt OT ND
1.7 Lancaster- Rome Odunze WR UW
1.8 Akureyi- Drake Maye QB UNC
1.9 Las Vegas- Keon Coleman WR FSU
1.10 Anchorage- Dallas Turner Edge Bama
1.11 Raleigh (from Anchorage)- Jayden Daniels QB LSU
1.12 Rome- Kool Aid-McKinstry CB Bama
1.13 Ivory Coast- JC Latham OT Bama
1.14 Berlin- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
1.15. NOLA- Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA
1.16. Greenland- Jared Verse Edge FSU

2.1. Greenland- Kam Kinchens S Miami
2.2. Anchorage- Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU
2.3. Gotham- Troy Franklin WR Oregon
2.4. Ivory Coast- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois 
2.5. Las Vegas- Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
2.6. Hungary- Terrion Arnold CB Bama
2.7. Lancaster- Cooper DeJean DB Iowa
2.8. Akureyi- Emeka Egbuka WR OSU
2.9. Lancaster- JT Tuimoloau Edge OSU
2.10. Las Vegas- Kalen King CB PSU
2.11. Anchorage- Kamari Lassiter CB UGA
2.12. Rome- Chop Robinson Edge PSU
2.13 Cancun- Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
2.14 Berlin- Amarius Mims OT UGA
2.15 New Orleans- Tyler Guyton OT OU
2.16 Greenland- Denzel Burke CB OSU

3.1 Lancaster- Xavier Worthy WR Texas
3.2 Akureyi- Graham Barton OG Duke
3.3 Gotham- Ja’Tavion Sanders TE Texas
3.4 Ivory Coast- JJ McCarthy QB UM
3.5 Anchorage- Troy Fautanu OG UW
3.6 Hungary- Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
3.7 Lancaster- Sedrick Van Pran C UGA
3.8 Akureyi- Bralen Trice Edge UW
3.9 Lancaster- Bo Nix QB Oregon
3.10 Berlin- Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon
3.11 Anchorage- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas 
3.12 Rome- Leonard Taylor lll INT Miami
3.13 Ivory Coast (from Cancun)- Jeremiah Trotter Jr LB Clemson 
3.14 Berlin- Ja’Lynn Polk WR UW
3.15 New Orleans- TJ Tampa CB ISU
3.16 Greenland- Trey Benson RB FSU

4.1 Greenland- Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
4.2 Anchorage- Tyler Nubin S Minnesota 
4.3 Gotham- Michael Penix QB UW
4.4 Ivory Coast- Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
4.5 Las Vegas- Chris Braswell Edge Bama
4.6 Hungary- Patrick Paul OT Houston
4.7 Anchorage (from Raleigh)- Zach Frazier IOL WVU
4.8 Berlin- Calen Bullock S USC
4.9 Las Vegas (from Lancaster)- Khyree Jackson CB Oregon 
4.10 Raleigh- DJ James CB Auburn
4.11 Cancun- Cooper Beebe OG KSU
4.12 Rome- TreVeyon Henderson RB OSU
4.13 Cancun- Tez Walker WR UNC
4.14 Raleigh- Jordan Morgan OL Arizona
4.15 New Orleans- Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
4.16 Camden- Ricardo Hallman CB Wisconsin 

Raleigh also has Cancun’s 4th btw 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, InjuredReserve said:

I also will be doing an off-season report, but I have some secret pending transactions. So don't feel like my offseason report having lies in it. 

Do an offseason report for Hungary. You aren't Baltimore yet lol

• Like 1

Cancun Offseason Preview

Have to say that a second straight semifinals exit is a bit of a letdown for us given our relative health throughout the year and our expectations going into the season. That said, we enter the offseason with a lot of young talent (at least 13 projected starters on rookie deals), plenty of cap space, and clear areas of need to address.

Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes, Malik Cunningham (ERFA), Tyson Bagent (ERFA)

No team is more set at QB than us with a first ballot Hall of Famer in his prime signed for the next eight seasons. Bagent and Cunningham likely draw ERFA tags, not because they're going to save our season if Mahomes goes down but because there's little reason not to for the price. Like most teams, we'll probably consider adding a rookie in the draft if someone we love falls, but it doesn't seem likely prior to the 7th round or PFA.

Running Back: Rhamondre Stevenson (RFA), Aaron Jones, Emari Demercado (ERFA), Israel Abanikanda, Devin Singletary (FA), Kyle Juszczyk (FA)

Running back ended up being a bit of a mess for us due to injuries and institutional NFL incompetence. Stevenson will return on a high RFA tag barring a ridiculous offer. Aaron Jones may or may not be back depending on how he finishes the season and his trade market, but he'll likely be in Cancun for the final year of his deal. Demercado and Abanikanda are upside stashes in shallow backfields, while Singletary would preferably be back in free agency on a cheap short-term deal. This is a position we'll look to add another explosive player in the mid-rounds of the draft. Kyle Juszczyk isn't getting 3 Upped but we don't feel anyone is going to outbid us for him in free agency due to positional value of fullbacks.

Wide Receiver: Chris Olave, Elijah Moore, Dontayvion Wicks (ERFA), DJ Chark, Andrei Iosivas (ERFA), Mike Williams (FA)

These are the five guys we are realistically bringing into next year and even one or two of them could be gone by then. This position was carried by two waiver claims down the stretch in 2023, as we just haven't been able to give ourselves two consistent, quality starters over a full season. Obtaining a star running mate for Olave is our top priority, whether it's a running back, receiver, or tight end, and we'll be exploring trades, the draft, and free agency to do it. Ideally WIcks and Moore are No. 3/4 on the depth chart instead of starting, with an upside rookie behind them alongside Iosivas. Mike Williams may be 3 Upped depending on what happens with his IRL contract, but we don't expect him to be here in the fall.

Tight End: Michael Mayer, Foster Moreau, Josh Whyle (ERFA), Charlie Kolar

Technically Kylen Granson and Hunter Long are RFA eligible, but I don't see us tagging either given their IRL production (or lack thereof). We made a lot of moves at this position in the offseason. Mayer looks like a future stud in the intermediate area and on contested catches, while Moreau should be better next season when he's another year removed from freakin' cancer. Mike Gesicki was a massive disappointment in a terrible NFL offense, but he could be back in the Shark Tank. This is a spot where we would like to add a dynamic downfield option, whether in the draft or Shark Tank, but we're looking for the right player and not just a warm body given our top two guys. Whyle and Kolar give us two deep reserves buried on their NFL depth charts but are worth holding on to as sub-500 guys.

Offensive Tackle: Laremy Tunsil (3 Up), Broderick Jones, Rasheed Walker (ERFA)

Not a terribly strong position group but one we should be set at going into next season. Tunsil remains an elite pass protector who will absolutely be back (for about $1k/year more than he was this season) while Jones has been developing all year and should land a starting tackle job in Pittsburgh again. Walker could start in Green Bay depending on what they do in the draft and will likely be our swing tackle. We'll add a vet to cover us for injuries but a draft pick would have to be BPA. Conceivably, we could draft a top tackle and bump Jones inside to guard to boost two positions, but we would have to be very high on a rookie tackle to do that.

Interior OL: Zion Johnson, Ricky Stromberg, Cordell Volson

What a ****show this turned out to be. We let Wyatt Teller walk thinking we could get him cheaper in FA than on a 3 Up, but we seriously misevaluated the guard market as a lot of teams that didn't need one paid out big money. Zion hasn't developed as quickly as we hoped but remains an average-ish starter, while Stromberg's rookie year was lost to injury in a dysfunctional organization and Volson continues to be super up and down. None of our free agents are really worth bringing back at their 3 Up price. At least two starters will be signed in free agency or Shark Tank, probably including 2023 preferred starter Ryan Kelly who is just too expensive to 3 Up given his concussion history. A trade may be on the table depending on who is available and the price tag. We'll also look to draft at least one interior lineman early-ish in the draft. This area needs to be fixed, period.

Edge Rusher: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Gregory Rousseau, Cameron Jordan, Dorance Armstrong, Isaiah Foskey, Andre Jones Jr. (ERFA)

This is probably our second strongest position and one where we feel comfortable moving a player. Thibs blossomed into a star this season, while Rousseau continues to be a superb all-around player who doesn't put up huge sack numbers in Buffalo's edge rusher rotation but is one of the best run defending edges in the game. Foskey has had a nightmare rookie year but should have plenty of opportunity to seize a starting job next year, while Armstrong is a good third edge who should get a bigger role on a new team this offseason. Cam Jordan would ideally be traded but otherwise gives us a vet presence we can move around the line for run defense and interior pass rush. This is a spot we may add a designated pass rusher in free agency or the draft, but not a starter necessarily.

Defensive Tackle: Jonathan Allen, Travis Jones, Justin Jones, Zach Carter

Allen had a little bit of a down year but is still an elite interior presence, while Travis Jones is still stuck in a deep rotation IRL despite showing flashes. Justin Jones is a good third DT, but we'd like to add another rookie with upside to the group or a star player in FA. It's possible we play more 3-4 looks like Greg Rousseau as a down linemen depending on how our Edge personnel shakes out.

Linebacker: Ernest Jones (RFA), Pete Werner (RFA), SirVocea Dennis (ERFA), Mohamoud Diabate (ERFA), Noah Sewell, Isaiah McDuffie (RFA), Zaire Franklin (FA)

This is a stupidly young and potentially deep group. Ernest Jones has quietly ascended to being a plus starter with 4.5 sacks and 13 TFL as a middle linebacker who can also drop into coverage. Werner hasn't quite lived up to his incredible start to the 2022 season, but we're still confident in him as a starting backer. Dennis, McDuffie, and Diabate could earn starting jobs this offseason depending on what their IRL teams do, while Franklin could be brought back as a very cheap 3 Up depending on other moves. Not a position we're likely to target in the draft but will take a guy if he's BPA.

Cornerback: Tre'Davious White, Steven Nelson (FA), Cameron Sutton, Zyon McCollum, Carrington Valentine (ERFA), Jerry Jacobs (RFA), Jack Jones, Jaylen Watson, Eli Ricks (ERFA)

Another deep position group with a ton of players getting starts IRL and producing reasonably well. White is coming off another injury, but he's still an elite cover corner and should be healthy for the start of the season. Steven Nelson will almost certainly be back to compete with Sutton opposite him for a starting job. McCollum could lead Tampa to dump Carlton Davis or Jamel Dean this offseason. Carrington Valentine and Jack Jones have both been up and down but could land starting jobs as well next year. It's a group we don't feel like we need to add another player to even if White is traded, but a No. 1 corner prospect is on the radar given the positional value.

Safety: Jalen Pitre, Marcus Williams, Geno Stone (RFA), Kevin Byard, Darnell Savage

We go five deep at BDL startable safeties, so we expect Byard to be moved this offseason. Pitre can play everywhere and should move into a more traditional SS role for us next season with Marcus Williams hopefully staying healthy again at free safety. Stone backs up Williams and Savage backs up Pitre. This is another position we'll look to add a player in the draft if we see someone we like, given Stone and Savage are free agents next offseason and Williams has struggled to stay on the field in Baltimore.

• Like 6