BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

I made clear in the very first sentence that I was discussing WR only, not other players. It literally could not have been more explicit.

"Keeping this in the discussion thread because I just found it more amusing than anything:"

super clear....😘

50 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You also have to look at who is throwing these guys the ball… I believe Olave would be more productive with Mahomes than Carr… and so would Mayer than with AOC…

Maybe Mayer wouldn't see the field as much if he was playing for a franchise with talent too. It goes both ways.

And there are plenty of examples of great receiving seasons without great QBs at the helm. DJ Moore or Keenan Allen this year are prime examples of that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Maybe Mayer wouldn't see the field as much if he was playing for a franchise with talent too. It goes both ways.

Pretty sure the 35th overall pick would probably play for most teams as a rookie, almost regardless of position. Especially when that player was rated as a top-20 talent by most places prior to the draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Pretty sure the 35th overall pick would probably play for most teams as a rookie, almost regardless of position. Especially when that player was rated as a top-20 talent by most places prior to the draft.

No? I mean there are countless examples of top 30 picks not playing on contender teams. Just this year Mazi, Smith, FAU are barely playing if I'm not mistaken. When you play for a SB you're not guaranteed playing time regardless of your draft position. Not necessarily the case for the Raiders, or any franchise of that caliber. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

This was a sneaky one

Gotta admit this was the main reason I jumped in that debate hehe

19 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

No? I mean there are countless examples of top 30 picks not playing on contender teams. Just this year Mazi, Smith, FAU are barely playing if I'm not mistaken. When you play for a SB you're not guaranteed playing time regardless of your draft position. Not necessarily the case for the Raiders, or any franchise of that caliber.

So three players out of 35. Weird how easily I counted that.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

So three players out of 35. Weird how easily I counted that.

Let's look at the title contenders (I'm speaking true title contenders, don't come here with the Denver Broncos) with their 1st rounder getting serious playing time. 

Dal - nope

Phi - Carter yes, Smith no

KC - nope

Buffalo - Kincaid yes 

Baltimore - Flowers yes 

Cinci - not really

SF and Miami didn't have a top 35 pick

So no, being a top 35 pick doesn't guarantee you seeing the field.