What's contrary to norms that actually makes more sense?

biggie.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:11 AM, OkeyDoke21 said:

The Metric System in America 

The Metric system is hilarious in that it makes infinitely more sense.  But even as a Canadian...i still visualize everything in Imperials.  Long live the Empire!!!

But seriously...i don't have a clue what 92 square meters looks like, until you tell me it's 1000 square feet.  I'm better with linear metric...but i still usually convert it to feet and inches if i want to visualize it.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Overnight guests as well. Stockpile the freebies from the dentist.

How many free toothbrushes are you even getting?  That's pretty nice tho.  Even if the free dentist toothbrushes are for children, it's cool to be able to offer it to overnight guests.

Do you stockpile the dino prizes and lollipops from your other health visits to hand out to guests?

Edited by Tugboat

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Never had that problem thus far. Maybe if you let it sit. 

When you take a bite, do you get more condiments squirting out of the back, from the more uniform pressure of the hotdog pushing down?

Edited by OkeyDoke21

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

When you take a bite, do you get more condiments squirting out of the back, from the more uniform pressure of the hotdog pushing down?

There is definitely some of this. My trick to avoid it is when applying the dog to the bun, I rotate/twist the dog to try to prevent the condiments from pushing out. This will not only help condiments from pushing out the back, it also coats the whole dog for a flavorful bite eat time.

Depending on the volume of condiments I feel it helps.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

There is definitely some of this. My trick to avoid it is when applying the dog to the bun, I rotate/twist the dog to try to prevent the condiments from pushing out. This will not only help condiments from pushing out the back, it also coats the whole dog for a flavorful bite eat time.

Depending on the volume of condiments I feel it helps.

I wasn't expecting to have my life changed when I logged on here today.  I'll be implementing this technique, moving forward, to see how it feels.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I wasn't expecting to have my life changed when I logged on here today.  I'll be implementing this technique, moving forward, to see how it feels.

Two things to note.

I changed to this style first for my kids who always had the tendency to end up with more condiments on their face and clothes rather then in their bellies. I ended up preferring it for when I ate them too.

Second is this doesn't really work for brats or any curved dogs. Any traditional dog, ballpark, BarS, Hebrew Nat, Oscar meyer, whatever your preference, it works great. 

• Like 1