What's contrary to norms that actually makes more sense?

biggie.

Typically people do oral hygiene in this order:

1. Brush

2. Mouthwash

3. Floss

This order makes more sense:

1. Floss - This is both the most annoying and important to part oral hygiene. Get it out of the way.

2. Tongue scrape - This is a must to prevent bad breath. This of this as sweeping and brushing your tongue is the mopping.

3. Mouthwash - Using mouthwash after brushing washes away all the stuff in toothpaste to keep your teeth health.

4. Brush - This will get finalize anything that was loosened from flossing. Also, just spit out the excess toothpaste and don't rinse at all as mentioned in the mouthwash step.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Biggie, Biggie, Biggie, can't you see?
Sometimes your posts just hypnotize me
And I just love your flashy ways
Guess that's why they broke, and you're so paid 

Webby has acknowledged my existence.  I have purpose now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But. John Rocker told me not too. 😐

*now I have to sit around and wonder if anyone is old enough to get that.

I halfway got it. I knew he made racist comments, but I had to go to Wikipedia to see what trains had to do with them. 

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

My dentist told me to floss after mouth washing to help work any remaining mouthwash in your mouth between your teeth and into your gums

I have the disposable toothpick/string style floss and a WaterPik. Use the toothpick/floss in the AM and WaterPik at night:

- Morning: I’ll rinse my mouth with mouthwash to get the taste out, then pour another cap of mouthwash, and let the toothpick/floss sit in the cup while I brush, so when I do floss, I’m getting final bits out while getting mouthwash into the crevices.

- Night: I’ll fill my WaterPik tank with about 80% water and 20% mouthwash; I start with that and get 50-60% done with the  WaterPik, switch off to brush, then finish off the tank after I’m done brushing.

A few more notes:

- I invested in a Sonicare toothbrush. Worlds best toothbrush by a lot.

- I brush my teeth in the shower. I love a hot shower and usually stay in the shower much longer than I should, so I brush extra long because I don’t want to leave.