2023 Free Agency

Dessie

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

One thing I don’t like about this regime is they like guys who can play multiple spots. That’s cool but you end up with Jack of all trades master of none types. Or like parham you aren’t getting full potential results from a player 

Pats have been prioritizing versatile OL for a while now. Gotta be able to play hella spots if we only have 7

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’d rather have a b grade solid rg than a d grade guy that can play 3 spots. 

I like the versatile guys more as depth pieces. But yeah, I'd also prefer guys that can just hold one spot down super good too. Parham is probably going to have to move to center next year too, lol.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:14 PM, Dessie said:

Good post only issue I have is that you are looking to come out of the draft with a starting guard, DE, LB, CB, is that really realistic ? 

It’s interesting that Ziegler called Facyson a starter in Vics latest article, maybe a sign that re-signing RYS is no longer an option.

That’s interesting they called Facyson a ‘starter’, I hadn’t heard that! He was a low end starter in Gus Bradley’s scheme if I recall but if he’s starting and we don’t have a pass rush we may be in for a long year again. 

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Seahawks rescinded their tender on safety Ryan Neal. 

I'd still like us to for us to pursue Kyle Van Noy, he could play the same role that AVN was going to play. 

Neal a good fit for the eagles after losing Epps actually.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Is he on the block? I’ve heard that Chase Young could be traded 

Really? They’re in a weird spot with him because he hasn’t produced in 2 years and they have to decide on his option. I’d imagine his value would be at its absolute lowest 

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Who would trade a 2nd for Montez Sweat?

It just depends on the type of contract he’s seeking because he’s due to get paid.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Really? They’re in a weird spot with him because he hasn’t produced in 2 years and they have to decide on his option. I’d imagine his value would be at its absolute lowest 

It just depends on the type of contract he’s seeking because he’s due to get paid.

They are definitely in a weird spot. Extended Jon Allen and Payne on the defensive line. Sweat is coming up on his deal soon and Young is in his 4th year needing a choice to extend to year 5. They gotta make a choice which one to keep

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They are definitely in a weird spot. Extended Jon Allen and Payne on the defensive line. Sweat is coming up on his deal soon and Young is in his 4th year needing a choice to extend to year 5. They gotta make a choice which one to keep

In assuming they’ll decline his option ($17.5M) and will just wait and see how he and Sweat play. If he returns to form they can extend him or use the tag ($19.5M) until they figure it out. I think a best case scenario is they both play well, they can extend the one they prefer and then tag and trade the other 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In assuming they’ll decline his option ($17.5M) and will just wait and see how he and Sweat play. If he returns to form they can extend him or use the tag ($19.5M) until they figure it out. I think a best case scenario is they both play well, they can extend the one they prefer and then tag and trade the other 

Options teams can make without paying a QB

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Options teams can make without paying a QB

That’s one of the things that makes me kinda meh about the Jimmy deal. If we draft Richardson we won’t be able to reap the full benefits of a starter on a rookie deal because we’ll be paying Jimmy the first two seasons. And typically QBs get extended between year 3/4 so as soon as you get to benefit from a cheap QB you already have to prepare to give him a massive deal.

• Like 1