2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Just now, Darbsk said:

You would think Renfrow would be built for a McDaniels offence. If we did trade him, that would be another head scratcher after the extension too……,

As I said in a different thread I think Meyers makes Renfrow expendable. Cheaper + better imo.

We had wayyy too much $ tied up in our weapons. Shedding Renfrow and Waller clears up a ton of money, although we did put Wallers salary to Meyers. Adding that 3rd is huge though.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

As I said in a different thread I think Meyers makes Renfrow expendable. Cheaper + better imo.

We had wayyy too much $ tied up in our weapons. Shedding Renfrow and Waller clears up a ton of money, although we did put Wallers salary to Meyers. Adding that 3rd is huge though.

They are different players altogether. You want to trade away every good player who is getting paid?

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

They are different players altogether. You want to trade away every good player who is getting paid?

Not every good player, only ones at positions of strength when our roster is substantially flawed. You'd prefer we load up on more WRs and continue to avoid the trenches?

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the plan is to start NFJ / Tillery and rotate Nichols, M Butler, and A Butler in. 

That has to be one of the weakest DT groups ever fielded unless the young fellas make some huge progress. I really do not feel comfortable going into the season with that. Surely we’re going to add a vet FA or a draft pick or two……..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

That has to be one of the weakest DT groups ever fielded unless the young fellas make some huge progress. I really do not feel comfortable going into the season with that. Surely we’re going to add a vet FA or a draft pick or two……..

Agreed relying on Farrell starting is crazy, he needs a vet NT to help develop. 

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Renfrow was always bound to be a "sell high" type though.

He's not big, not fast, has taken some absolutely brutal shots, has gotten injured, and saw his effectiveness wane last year. 

That's A LOT to bounce back from and probably things that get worse as time goes on. We love the guy because he's been a champ and he's been "ours" but where the rubber meets the road, a 3rd would be hard to pass up, especially given his contract. 

I'll always have a soft spot for the guy, but he's not priceless. 

• Like 1