2023 Free Agency

Dessie

37 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not every good player, only ones at positions of strength when our roster is substantially flawed. You'd prefer we load up on more WRs and continue to avoid the trenches?

We aren't avoiding the trenches. A lot of OL are getting insanely overpaid. I'm sure we're in on some decent guys rn. Just not the market. That's what the draft is for.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Renfrow was always bound to be a "sell high" type though.

He's not big, not fast, has taken some absolutely brutal shots, has gotten injured, and saw his effectiveness wane last year. 

That's A LOT to bounce back from and probably things that get worse as time goes on. We love the guy because he's been a champ and he's been "ours" but where the rubber meets the road, a 3rd would be hard to pass up, especially given his contract. 

I'll always have a soft spot for the guy, but he's not priceless. 

If you think he's physically toast that's another story. He was never 100% last year. But he is a very good #2 when he's healthy.

Sure would be something if we failed Jimmy's physical and jumped in and sniped the Jets for Aaron Rodgers after the Jets have been courting his guys ([Lazard at least], we apparently are in the Marcedes Lewis negotiations). Be hilarious if they felt they are the only bidder with us going for Jimmy, and then low ball GB... then we fail Jimmy's physical and take Aaron Rodgers.

22 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think both are true. I think this highlights the reason why patriots disciples don't work:

They basically come in tear down the roster and then instill the patriot way which is get rid of anyone that doesn't agree with when they do things and then just get a bunch of ex patriots players on cheap deals so they are considered the "smart moves". Before eventually getting fired halfway through the process which leaves a roster that only works in New England when Brady's the quarterback and/or Belichick is the HC

Don’t forget the institutionalized cheating as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Renfrow was always bound to be a "sell high" type though.

He's not big, not fast, has taken some absolutely brutal shots, has gotten injured, and saw his effectiveness wane last year. 

That's A LOT to bounce back from and probably things that get worse as time goes on. We love the guy because he's been a champ and he's been "ours" but where the rubber meets the road, a 3rd would be hard to pass up, especially given his contract. 

I'll always have a soft spot for the guy, but he's not priceless. 

I agree. I like Renfrow, but he's not going to age well between his speed and stature. He's small and taken a lot of big hits that caught up to him last season. 

I would hate to see him go, he's the ultimate underdog but I would get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We aren't avoiding the trenches. A lot of OL are getting insanely overpaid. I'm sure we're in on some decent guys rn. Just not the market. That's what the draft is for.

The Bengals and Chiefs have less cap flexibility than us and still found a way to go pay a marquee OL big money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That’s Rondo Carpenter 

I have no clue who that is but everyone saying it's a fake page...  The guy has 435 followers LOL 

Apparently there is a Hondo Carpenter who is Raider guy who has 22.5K followers.  You've been fooled again posting fake news trash 😆  why am I not shocked?  

Keep posting fake news trash and trying to convince everyone you're posting legit ****....  Come on man.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

@NYRaider Any more breaking new from your boy Rondo Carpenter and his 435 followers?  You must be one of the 435 SMH  I can't believe people fall for that **** and cant even read a post...

Reach out to your boy Rondo and find out who this big time acquisition is Hahahahahaha 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz