2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Nobody can convince me that Perryman wasn't worth keeping, especially at that price. 

One of two things I am convinced of, if not both:

1. Zeigler is incompetent and negligent and didn't try to at least match or offer a little more. 

2. Perryman bailed and didn't want to be here and would rather go to an open and honest rebuild that stick with the drivel we're being fed. 

This ship is sinking so fast it's exceptional. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my list:

TE: Irv Smith, Austin Hooper, Dan Arnold 

OL: Donovan Smith, Isaiah Wynn, George Fant, Dalton Risner, AJ Cann, Trai Turner, Roger Saffold, Gabe Jackson, Oday Aboushi

Edge: Bud Dupree, Robert Quinn, Yannick ,Jadeveon Clowney, Melvin Ingram, Trey Flowers, Dawuane Smoot, Shaq Lawson, Carlos Dunlap, Dante Fowler, Mario Edwards, Rasheem Green, Frank Clark, Justin Houston , Anthony Barr, Leonard floyd, Markus Golden

DT: Quinton Jefferson, Shelby Harris, Calais Campbell, Michael Brockers, Matt Ioannidis, Poona Ford, A'Shawn Robinson, Jordan Phillips

LB: Myles Jack, Anthony Walker, Kyle Van Noy, Bobby Wagner, Rashaan Evans, Zach Cunninham, Kwon Alexander

CB: Rock, Marcus Peters, Byron Jones, Duke Shelley, Shaq Griffin, Eli Apple, Anthony Brown , Fabian Moreau, Levi Wallace

William Jackson

S: Taylor Rapp, Ryan Neal, Adrian Amos, Terrell Edmunds, Jalen Mills, Duron Harmon, Johnny Johnson , Logan Ryan, Jonathan Owens, Eric Rowe

Dalton Risner, 2 of Michael Brockers, Shelby Harris, Poona Ford and Duron Harmon wouldn’t be the worst plan in the world………

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nobody can convince me that Perryman wasn't worth keeping, especially at that price. 

1. Zeigler is incompetent and negligent and didn't try to at least match or offer a little more. 

2. Perryman bailed and didn't want to be here and would rather go to an open and honest rebuild that stick with the drivel we're being fed. 

He was a Gus guy who had 2 years so i Pick option #2

we’re not going anywhere would’ve just wasted his time i don’t blame any player from jumping ship. 

I’m pretty quizzical we didn’t even fork out 3.5 million for Perryman, he’s been a very good player and leader for us. How long have we been without a decent MLB and we get one for two years and let him walk for peanuts.

Our off-season needs a better comeback than Lazarus in the draft!

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Or option 3 he wanted a raise they refused and moved on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’m pretty quizzical we didn’t even fork out 3.5 million for Perryman, he’s been a very good player and leader for us. How long have we been without a decent MLB and we get one for two years and let him walk for peanuts.

Our off-season needs a better comeback than Lazarus in the draft!

You guys think he was only asking for 3.5 mil.

21 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You guys think he was only asking for 3.5 mil.

He was probably asking for more obviously but the market dictates value and the market said 3.5, I would have given him 2 years for 9 mil easily. It’s not as if he’s a young guy who’s going for a one year prove it deal and then signing a big deal. The market has spoken and that’s his value right now apparently.

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He was probably asking for more obviously but the market dictates value and the market said 3.5, I would have given him 2 years for 9 mil easily. It’s not as if he’s a young guy who’s going for a one year prove it deal and then signing a big deal. The market has spoken and that’s his value right now apparently.

Except they probably offered him exactly what they gave Spillane he said no, then the market dried up. Using hindsight when the market dries up just doesn't make much sense to me.

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Except they probably offered him exactly what they gave Spillane he said no, then the market dried up. Using hindsight when the market dries up just doesn't make much sense to me.

I’m not really sure what you’re getting at…….that’s just making an assumption ……...it’s a negotiation, you don’t just make one offer and that’s it, you talk and should have a very good idea what you need to do before making an offer. Like I said, maybe none actually wanted to be here but usually money talks.

If he’s turned down 2 years 9 mil to sign for one year 3.5 at 30+ years of age then that’s head scratching….. maybe we didn’t want him back. Who knows? The only thing we know is he’s a Pro Bowl player who’s played well for us who signed for a lot less than we’ve given Spillane. We just have to hope Spillane is better I guess……

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’m not really sure what you’re getting at…….that’s just making an assumption ……...it’s a negotiation, you don’t just make one offer and that’s it, you talk and should have a very good idea what you need to do before making an offer. Like I said, maybe none actually wanted to be here but usually money talks.

If he’s turned down 2 years 9 mil to sign for one year 3.5 at 30+ years of age then that’s head scratching….. maybe we didn’t want him back. Who knows? The only thing we know is he’s a Pro Bowl player who’s played well for us who signed for a lot less than we’ve given Spillane. We just have to hope Spillane is better I guess……

What's head scratching about it? If you hold out for more then don't get it, the team moves on now you have to take less from another team because free agent money has dried up. It happens all the time.

I bet if his agent had started at 3.5 he would have got signed immediately. We had a lot of cap space and these agents wanted to capitalize. 

Edited by raidr4life