2023 Free Agency

Dessie

3 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Caleb Williams attitude problems? Just say you don't like the nail polish and move on. Kid is a great leader. I'd love proof of these "problems". He'll lead an NFL franchise for the next decade plus without issue. Kyler and CW aren't even in the same stratosphere when it comes to attitude. 

I don’t like the nail polish either but hey if that’s what the youngsters are into have fun paint ya toes too.

you’re a usc fan I see. Have you not seen him pouting on the field mid game? Do you think that’s the only place it happens?

Let’s just say teammates don’t like all the extra stuff he does on and off the field. If he tries to get in a players face he gets exposed quick af cause he isn’t built like that. He’s Lincolns untouchable guy and he exploits it. Also been told he has that lebron complex where when they do good it’s all cause of him but when they do bad it’s everyone else fault no accountability. Can’t take hard coaching and is a very delicate emotional player. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t like the nail polish either but hey if that’s what the youngsters are into have fun paint ya toes too.

you’re a usc fan I see. Have you not seen him pouting on the field mid game? Do you think that’s the only place it happens?

Let’s just say teammates don’t like all the extra stuff he does on and off the field. If he tries to get in a players face he gets exposed quick af cause he isn’t built like that. He’s Lincolns untouchable guy and he exploits it. Also been told he has that lebron complex where when they do good it’s all cause of him but when they do bad it’s everyone else fault no accountability. Can’t take hard coaching and is a very delicate emotional player. 

After he signed his NIL deal with Beats the first thing he did was to go handout free headphones to all of the other student athletes at USC. He started a foundation dedicated to helping kids that are bullied or suffer with mental health issues. He went out of his way to look out for 2 young Utah fans after their father passed away unexpectedly. He played through a number of injuries at the end of the season to keep USC's hopes alive. 

Other than the Maxx Duggan comments which were taken out of context and the fingernails, what has he done wrong?

He seems like a great leader. He took over at Oklahoma after Rattler got benched, rallied the troops and led them to a great season. Showed up at USC after a terrible year and instantly put them into national title contention. Dude is the truth.

https://reignoftroy.com/posts/usc-trojans-qb-caleb-williams-is-as-great-off-field-as-he-is-on-it

https://trojandailyblog.com/caleb-williams-foundation-addresses-bullying-mental-health/

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

After he signed his NIL deal with Beats the first thing he did was to go handout free headphones to all of the other student athletes at USC. He started a foundation dedicated to helping kids that are bullied or suffer with mental health issues. He went out of his way to look out for 2 young Utah fans after their father passed away unexpectedly. He played through a number of injuries at the end of the season to keep USC's hopes alive. 

Other than the Maxx Duggan comments which were taken out of context and the fingernails, what has he done wrong?

He seems like a great leader. He took over at Oklahoma after Rattler got benched, rallied the troops and led them to a great season. Showed up at USC after a terrible year and instantly put them into national title contention. Dude is the truth.

https://reignoftroy.com/posts/usc-trojans-qb-caleb-williams-is-as-great-off-field-as-he-is-on-it

https://trojandailyblog.com/caleb-williams-foundation-addresses-bullying-mental-health/

We’ll see how things go next year. 

since you know so much about him what’s the best defense he’s faced at usc?

never forget bama and saban co-signed tf outa rolando 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We will, I think he's going to be the first player to win back to back Heisman trophys. 

Looks like Lincoln and Caleb made the right decision to stick together, business is booming baby. Maybe we can keep them together here...

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Pouting? Boy you must hold the same opinion about Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, and pretty much any QB currently playing at a high level. 

But now its he faced poor competition? I'll give you his stats against Utah + Notre Dame which are the tops defenses he played last year and are top 25-30 defenses in college football. 

In total (3 games) he had 12 TD's to 1 INT -- 1000 passing yards -- and 100 rushing yards. What do you have next? He's an elite prospect. If you think he has attitude problems then that's a you problem. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Pouting? Boy you must hold the same opinion about Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, and pretty much any QB currently playing at a high level. 

But now its he faced poor competition? I'll give you his stats against Utah + Notre Dame which are the tops defenses he played last year and are top 25-30 defenses in college football. 

In total (3 games) he had 12 TD's to 1 INT -- 1000 passing yards -- and 100 rushing yards. What do you have next? He's an elite prospect. If you think he has attitude problems then that's a you problem. 

The same Utah that Florida beat?

norte dame hella suspect also this year but go on

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The same Utah that Florida beat?

norte dame hella suspect also this year but go on

I mean you asked the question and I answered -- those were his games against the best defenses he played. It was first an attitude problem then it was his level of competition. If you don't like him as a prospect that's your choice but the reasons you gave were poor. Georgia and Bama weren't on the schedule so not sure what you wanted CW to do but play the teams that were -- oh and he won the Heisman trophy in the process. 

I haven't seen enough of CW, I'm not a west coast guy or USC fan like most.  However,  there has been an aura around him since he was at Oklahoma and not in a good way.  I can see where he could be compared to Kyler or Baker coming out of that same atmosphere.  I know some see it as confidence or moxy, but I never have and the results from the previous players that have that same "moxy" have not been good.  

He's clearly talented and will most likely get picked #1.  However, he should be looking at players like Kyler and Baker and steer clear of being really anything like them.  All the great QBs have fun and joke, even to the point of saying they own a team like Rodgers did to the Bears.  The difference is, those guys knew to shut up when they got to the league and only talk once they've made something of themselves.  Maybe that's a double standard to some, but I think it's one of the oldest unwritten rules in life. 

• Like 1

Bobby Wagner be nice. I know he’s old but if we go defense heavy draft, be nice to have a leader to mentor. Not a bad idea to give the green dot to a hall of famer. He’s from LA so maybe maybe he wants to stay close to family. Rams dumped him, and Chargers don’t need him. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I mean you asked the question and I answered -- those were his games against the best defenses he played. It was first an attitude problem then it was his level of competition. If you don't like him as a prospect that's your choice but the reasons you gave were poor. Georgia and Bama weren't on the schedule so not sure what you wanted CW to do but play the teams that were -- oh and he won the Heisman trophy in the process. 

It’s everything that goes into the evaluation. When I watch him seems like he faces 3 and 4 man def fronts majority of the time with a extra blocker allowing him to play around behind the los. Don’t think that’s going to happen in the nfl. That’s why I asked about the defense’s rankings.

I saw the Utah game missed the nd game so I’ll have to watch that.

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

For the record , I haven’t seen much of CW, but what I did see..... he has “it”.... period, end of story. I would be ecstatic if we got him.....end of story. Lol!! 

Me: what’s up with the qb fingernails thing?

player: we don’t like it coaches don’t like it. players and coaches have told him that he represents the team and to take that into consideration. He basically says he does it for himself. If he wasn’t crazy talented and the coaches boy it would be a problem.