2023 Free Agency

Dessie

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Shame to see Perryman go. Spillane is a backup at best, that was probably our worst signing of the bunch IMHO.

Perryman did well here but not playing all 3 downs was an issue. Replacing him with someone who grades out terribly in pass coverage is baffling. Hopefully Spillane will prove us wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Perryman did well here but not playing all 3 downs was an issue. Replacing him with someone who grades out terribly in pass coverage is baffling. Hopefully Spillane will prove us wrong. 

We finally need to get a young athletic impactful LB this year. I've been waiting for as long as we've needed a DT.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What's head scratching about it? If you hold out for more then don't get it, the team moves on now you have to take less from another team because free agent money has dried up. It happens all the time.

I bet if his agent had started at 3.5 he would have got signed immediately. We had a lot of cap space and these agents wanted to capitalize. 

But that is all supposition isn’t it? Isn’t it just as likely we decided to move on or that he didn’t want to come back?

I totally get what you’re saying I just find it headscratching how we’re letting Perryman, Billings and apparently Ya Sin and Harmon walk for very reasonable contracts when they’ve actually played well. 

Spillane was clearly Perriman’s replacement. They hope they can get the same 2 down run stopping from a younger, more durable player. Perryman was banged up a lot last year and I think they are very much trying to get healthier.

The obvious potential problem with this plan is if Spillane is not as good as Perryman - which has a high likelihood of being the case!

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nobody can convince me that Perryman wasn't worth keeping, especially at that price. 

One of two things I am convinced of, if not both:

1. Zeigler is incompetent and negligent and didn't try to at least match or offer a little more. 

2. Perryman bailed and didn't want to be here and would rather go to an open and honest rebuild that stick with the drivel we're being fed. 

This ship is sinking so fast it's exceptional. 

The situation JM/DZ have created is pretty dismal when Houston is a more desirable landing post than staying with these clowns.  Get ready for a top 3 pick like I have been saying for months....

I can't believe the are still homers on here that are optimistic and making excuses for the moves that have been made.  It's pretty [pathetic that anyone can back up what these jokers are doing.   

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The situation JM/DZ have created is pretty dismal when Houston is a more desirable landing post than staying with these clowns.  Get ready for a top 3 pick like I have been saying for months....

I can't believe the are still homers on here that are optimistic and making excuses for the moves that have been made.  It's pretty [pathetic that anyone can back up what these jokers are doing.   

#Tank4Caleb

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

After signing Hooper the only real hole on the offense is Guard. We can’t have much cap space left? Surely some cuts, restructures are coming ? 

The only guys that it would make sense to restructure are Adams and Kolton. I'd leave Renfrow/Chandler's money alone so we can move on when we're ready too, probably next offseason. We can save a couple million if we cut Bolden and like $7M if James is a post J1 cut.