2023 Free Agency

Dessie

57 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We officially have been one of the most active team in FA and the offseason 

Defense have made some solid additions in my opinion that gonna go a long way to improve it especially if we hit on a few players in the draft

Offense has a chance to be special. 

offense can go either way. We will see 

defense is a bottom 3 team, we need to hit like 5-6 homers in the draft 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

offense can go either way. We will see 

defense is a bottom 3 team, we need to hit like 5-6 homers in the draft 

Offense is in the 2nd year under JMD and many players returning + additions that fit better. We will add a QB,TE, RB and OL from draft to compliment it

Defense has better scheme fitting players especially in secondary. Epps, Facycon, Shelley and Long are upgrades.

Linebackers need some help from the draft. Overall hit on some players and we have a base for improvement

I wouldn’t rule out a bounce back season for Chandler Jones. Everyone is counting him out but don’t be surprised if he return to form or close to it for some impact

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Offense is in the 2nd year under JMD and many players returning + additions that fit better. We will add a QB,TE, RB and OL from draft to compliment it

Defense has better scheme fitting players especially in secondary. Epps, Facycon, Shelley and Long are upgrades.

Linebackers need some help from the draft. Overall hit on some players and we have a base for improvement

I wouldn’t rule out a bounce back season for Chandler Jones. Everyone is counting him out but don’t be surprised if he return to form or close to it for some impact

Meh. Big downgrade at QB. I think McDaniels was carried by Brady and will be exposed this year. Tae and Jacobs numbers could go down. Maybe I’m wrong I ain’t buying the bs. Hooper solid but he’s not a threat like Waller. I watch almost all the 9er games and I think Jimmy sucks. Just hoping the system makes him look better 

43 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Chandler. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’d expect the offense to improve given the investment in Jimmy G and Myers. Hooper is an ok TE. Howard is not an improvement over Moreau. 

No idea where the optimism has come from on defense, Billings, Perryman, RYS, Harmon have thus far been replaced by Jenkins, Spillane, Epps, Facyson,pure homerism to suggest we are better the defensive side of the ball at this time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dessie said:

No idea where the optimism has come from on defense, Billings, Perryman, RYS, Harmon have thus far been replaced by Jenkins, Spillane, Epps, Facyson,pure homerism to suggest we are better the defensive side of the ball at this time.

I see a viable future in which our d-line improves in the draft if we don’t do something insane trying to get a qb. There’s fantastic edge rushers and DTs I like throughout the draft.

I think our safeties are serviceable…

In regards to corners, I’m worried about the group as it stands though this article is a pretty good fluff job for that position group if you want an optimistic view:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/small_names_big_games_david_long_and_duke_shelley_join_the_las_vegas_raiders/s1_16460_38621487

I’m cautiously optimistic that we can improve on that abortion of a defense from last year.

However, the big red flag for me is at linebacker. Our group is terrible and I think this draft class is terrible at the position too. 

Edited by 101Raider

10 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I see a viable future in which our d-line improves in the draft if we don’t do something insane trying to get a qb. There’s fantastic edge rushers and DTs I like throughout the draft.

I think our safeties are serviceable…

In regards to corners, I’m worried about the group as it stands though this article is a pretty good fluff job for that position group if you want an optimistic view:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/small_names_big_games_david_long_and_duke_shelley_join_the_las_vegas_raiders/s1_16460_38621487

I’m cautiously optimistic that we can improve on that abortion of a defense from last year.

However, the big red flag for me is at linebacker. Our group is terrible and I think this draft class is terrible at the position too. 

We had a bad defense last year, at this point I don’t see how anyone could argue we have done anything to improve it.

7 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Chandler. 

It’s something I haven’t heard people consider for next season. Easy to write him off but it wouldn’t surprise me he becomes a solid contributor and hopefully difference maker next season

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s something I haven’t heard people consider for next season. Easy to write him off but it wouldn’t surprise me he becomes a solid contributor and hopefully difference maker next season

Also while it's kot a contract year for him. It kind of is. Because he could be cut after the season. So I'm hoping he does return to form. That would be dangerous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigD1123 said:

Also while it's kot a contract year for him. It kind of is. Because he could be cut after the season. So I'm hoping he does return to form. That would be dangerous. 

Jones will be 34 around the SB.  If he has a year like last year his career is over. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I definitely agree. The only thing that concerns me is that last year he had 3 of his four sacks in one game and the year before that he had 5 of his in one game. He has juice though and is in a system that is not a foreign one for his career. I’m ready to absolutely move on after next year though, and we are in a good position to do so. 

• Like 2

Jones was close a number of times, but lost a step. 
we had no push in the middle last year so qbs just step up . . tough to close full speed when the qb can just step up.

we get any sort of pressure, and both Maxx and Jones could see way more sacks. 
or. .  . just the team way more sacks and everyone takes them away from each other haha

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mostly lateral for sure. Draft will show where they land. A solid at Edge/CB would improve the unit dramatically. 

Relying on rookies to come in and improve the defense off the bat is a risky strategy..I’d love us to go Edge/CB in first 2 rounds though. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Jones was close a number of times, but lost a step. 
we had no push in the middle last year so qbs just step up . . tough to close full speed when the qb can just step up.

we get any sort of pressure, and both Maxx and Jones could see way more sacks. 
or. .  . just the team way more sacks and everyone takes them away from each other haha

Oh there was push all right....push right back into our LBs lol

• Like 1