Week 18: VIKINGS (12-4) at Bears (3-13)

swede700

Good win for the Vikes today!ย  I flipped back n forth between games, but in general, the 1st half seemed like the game was in total Vikings control, even with the end of half blunder.ย ย 

The 2nd half was a "let's get this done" approach/feeling.ย  ย 

Did anyone get injured or dinged up?

39 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Good win for the Vikes today!ย  I flipped back n forth between games, but in general, the 1st half seemed like the game was in total Vikings control, even with the end of half blunder.ย ย 

The 2nd half was a "let's get this done" approach/feeling.ย  ย 

Did anyone get injured or dinged up?

Cook had a play where his knees got hit together. I think he was landed on by a teammate.
But he came back shortly after that for a few plays. Then they got smart and pulled him for Mattison and then eventually pulled Mattison for Nwangwu and Chandler.

Other than that i dont remember any other major scare.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Cook had a play where his knees got hit together. I think he was landed on by a teammate.
But he came back shortly after that for a few plays. Then they got smart and pulled him for Mattison and then eventually pulled Mattison for Nwangwu and Chandler.

Other than that i dont remember any other major scare.

Sullivan was the only other player who was visibly banged up.ย 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

Interesting context of stats;

In 2021, the Vikingsโ€™ offense ranked 14th in scoring, with 425 points scored. They ranked 24th in defensive scoring after allowing 426 points. They went 8-9.

In 2022, the offense is currently ranked 8th in scoring, and will likely finish as a top 10 scoring offense with 424 points scored. Defensively, they finished the season with 427 points allowed. They finished 13-4.ย 

So, to put it plainly, the Vikings scored more points and allowed fewer points in 2021 than they did in 2022. Yet, they won 5 more games in 2022 than they did in 2021.ย 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Bad teams don't go 13-4.

Lucky teams get four or five games a season. Not implying that the Vikings are only lucky, but letโ€™s be honestโ€ฆ.ย 
ย 

We donโ€™t really belong with Philadelphia, San Francisco or Dallas. Iโ€™ll root for the Vikings because theyโ€™re my team, but we are definitely a bit more lucky than good.ย 
ย 

Other than that - SKOL. ย Letโ€™s enjoy the ride (I guess) as much as we canย 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Lucky teams get four or five games a season. Not implying that the Vikings are only lucky, but letโ€™s be honestโ€ฆ.ย 
ย 

We donโ€™t really belong with Philadelphia, San Francisco or Dallas. Iโ€™ll root for the Vikings because theyโ€™re my team, but we are definitely a bit more lucky than good.ย 
ย 

Other than that - SKOL. ย Letโ€™s enjoy the ride (I guess) as much as we canย 

Yet each of those teams you believe we don't belong with are beatable.ย  Yeah, luck is part of the equation, but the best players stepping up at the rught moment is not just luck...it's great situational football.ย  So, I am not willing to concide that the Vikings don't belong with the Eagles, 49ers or the Cowjerks.

19 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Yet each of those teams you believe we don't belong with are beatable.ย  Yeah, luck is part of the equation, but the best players stepping up at the rught moment is not just luck...it's great situational football.ย  So, I am not willing to concide that the Vikings don't belong with the Eagles, 49ers or the Cowjerks.

Dallas isnโ€™t playing that well as of late. Philly looks a little rusty but Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™ll get up to speed in no time. SF still has an unproven playoff QB. None of these teams are elite by any means and are beatable. But we obviously canโ€™t fall behind so quickly as has been the case against these teams.ย