Week 18 - race to the bottom of the division! @ Colts

ET80

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

At this point, I'll take a game check. Wanna catch passes from me?

A significant part of me thinks Lovie will treat this like a preseason game and pull starters after the 1st qt. But I can't help but think Lovie is going to blow the plan all up and try to win this game after seeing how bad the Colts are. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Blaze said:

A significant part of me thinks Lovie will treat this like a preseason game and pull starters after the 1st qt. But I can't help but think Lovie is going to blow the plan all up and try to win this game after seeing how bad the Colts are. 

I can see that - I can also see Nick Caserio with a huge buyout check, telling Lovie that this is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Plus, you also know Lovie is just waiting to run Rex Burkhead 30+ times. That's a guaranteed L.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blaze said:

This situation showcases how crucial it is that a GM and coach are on the same page (see the Bears with Poles and Eberflus) because if Lovie feels like he might not be back next year, there's no reason for him to ensure a loss. It's going to be his last time as a HC in the NFL and so I would assume he'd like to go out with a win.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the bears and Texans are playing eachother again this week?

It’s one big orgy of suck this week!

Wait. That, um… that sounds bad. I don’t kink shame, but I shouldn’t say that.

• Like 2

Wouldn't surprise me to hear about some more late scratches and a few surprise inactives tomorrow. Sidelining Stingley and Pierce early was their way of avoiding the mess of actively tanking the last game of the season. 

It has begun. I give it to the Texans for being discreet about tanking week 18. Hopefully this means Cooks plays minimal. 

Edited by Blaze

On 1/4/2023 at 2:31 PM, ET80 said:

Remember the times when the Texans and Colts were in the playoffs at the same time? Andrew Luck vs Deshaun Watson?

Life comes at you fast, it seems.

I actually was at that last Hou/Ind regular season game at NRG. The memory feels very weird to think about now. We had a shot at the 1 seed I think? They were showing scores of other teams playing that day