2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

11 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

We lost out on Carr.

We probably won't get Rodgers.

Who are we going to get?

I guess the playoff drought continues. 

So bc Carr is visiting NO we've lost on him? That's all he's done is visit.

We probably aren't getting Rodgers? Why is that? Back it up with valid points as to why?

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So bc Carr is visiting NO we've lost on him? That's all he's done is visit.

We probably aren't getting Rodgers? Why is that? Back it up with valid points as to why?

Carr visiting them means that the saints and Raiders worked out a trade, if Carr gives it the stamp of approval he will be sent over there. 

15 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Carr visiting them means that the saints and Raiders worked out a trade, if Carr gives it the stamp of approval he will be sent over there. 

That very well could be 1 of many stops for him. For all we know we could be who he visits Friday. Or put in an QB needy team in that sentence. NO is just his 1st stop. The asking price for him is reportedly a 3rd. So I cant see too many teams thinking that's too rich for them.

If he doesn't agree to a visit with us it's bc of 2 reasons...

1. LV doesn't want to trade him to an AFC team.

2. We have no interest in him and are all in Rodgers, Jackson, Jimmy G or something along those lines. 

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

i think if they miss out on the top 3, just start zach.  tank for caleb or drake in next years draft.

I would honestly most likely stop watching them.  With Zach at QB they became unwatchable to the point that I rarely watched beyond the 1st quarter.  Why get aggravated.

How are the Saints signing Carr? $61m over the cap right now...and they can't keep kicking the can down the road because 2024 is already over the cap even after saving $49m by cutting Thomas. They gunna pay Carr all his money after he retires like the Mets are doing with Bobby Bonilla? Carr gets a few million a year for the next 20 years? The cap isn't a myth. At some point all these dummy years and back loads catch up. I just would love to see the accounting working on bringing in a new QB will conservatively cost $30m plus AAV. This should be fun to watch. 

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

How are the Saints signing Carr? $61m over the cap right now...and they can't keep kicking the can down the road because 2024 is already over the cap even after saving $49m by cutting Thomas. They gunna pay Carr all his money after he retires like the Mets are doing with Bobby Bonilla? Carr gets a few million a year for the next 20 years? The cap isn't a myth. At some point all these dummy years and back loads catch up. I just would love to see the accounting working on bringing in a new QB will conservatively cost $30m plus AAV. This should be fun to watch. 

They always find a way. I doubt they’d bring him in if they didn’t have a plan already set. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm sitting this one out now lol. Just waiting to see what happens. I think we've all made it clear how we feel about each prospective QB. 

Exactly. Until we hear some credible news we are just all rehashing the same old ****. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I wanna talk about some other positions. What do you guys think we do at Center?

I would resign McGovern if he would come in on a very low team friendly deal which is doubtful. So with that said I’d target one in the draft.

JMS, Avalia, Wypler, Oluwatimi and Stromberg all rated highly so we could pick one up in that 2-4th round range.