2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

25 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That was my point. He doesn’t want Tannehill or Jimmy because they are “below average” and injury prone then says he prefers two QBs that are worse and also injury prone. 

They are cheaper by far that is a major reason for me. Plus White had zero starts before this season so him getting hurt 1 year does not mean he is injury prone either. 

Edited by jetfuel34

27 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That was my point. He doesn’t want Tannehill or Jimmy because they are “below average” and injury prone then says he prefers two QBs that are worse and also injury prone. 

They are cheaper and just becasue White got hurt his first time being a starter does not make him injury prone. When I say injury prone I mean over several seasons. Winston I threw in because he is a lot younger than these guys and has a cannon for an arm. He at least brings in the long ball and these guys do not. Winston has been hurt but not the extereme as the others. 

17 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I still feel like the Rodgers trade should be a third this year plus a conditional second that can become a first if he is on the team to start 2024. That way we aren't paying a first round pick for a one year rental.

That's easy to say. But when LV offers more and you really want him. That's when things change. 

17 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Some people only see the offense when watching football. They don't think about the fact that he has to outscore every offense including offenses in his division like the Chiefs and Chargers. They don't think about how he managed to throw 65%comp, 4k+ yards, and 25Tds when his top WR at the time was Renfrow. If any of our QBs were able to reach the performance of Carr's worst year, we wouldn't be looking for a QB. Imagine how good Carr would look with a good surrounding a defense that allows him to win games without having to score 30 points every week. 

Amen. Take Carr's worst year and it's the best QB play we've had in that time frame 

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who?

Lamar Jackson is a better option. All things being equal I’d choose him over Rodgers mainly because of age obviously. Rodgers for as little compensation as possible is my #1 choice. 

Let me be clear, none of this is enticing to me. But I don’t run the organization. 

19 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not trying to prove anything. My point is when y’all like someone y’all make a bunch of excuses. “Oh Carr isn’t bad in cold weather his numbers just aren’t high” like what.

The goal should be to win but the goal isn’t, which is my point. All these options we have are flawed in one way or another, this theory that option X would result in a specific outcome is ridiculous as well, especially when a guy like Carr has never done anything to warrant this level of hype. 

I don’t care who’s playing Quarterback personally as long as we win. I don’t want a 225 yard Quarterback, I want a winning Quarterback.  I want to win games.

Again, what in the world are you talking about?  My goal is to win which is why I want Rodgers.  He's by far the best option on the market with Carr second.  I'd even give three 1sts for Lamar if Balt would move him.  I like those two because they give us the best chance to "win".  Nobody is saying they are perfect and not flawed doesn't mean they aren't the best options.  

If you don't care about who is playing QB and want to win with a non 225 yard guy then you want Rodgers.

If not Rodgers or Carr then who do you want that will get you your desired wins?

Edited by Rockice_8

30 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Why is Baker Mayfield even being talked about as a possibility on here? I really do like JD and Saleh but if they come away this offseason with Baker Mayfield as their starting QB that's a fireable offense. 

Missing on Zach Wilson was a “fireable offense” until it actually happened