2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As expected Duane Brown not retiring. We can still cut him post June 1. But might not be bad to keep around with Becton a question mark and Mitchell not polished.

The reports are that the Jets want Brown to play next year and start at LT. I think they will have Becton and Mitchell fight for the RT spot. If Brown can stay healthy he can be above average LT in the NFL. The problem is IF he stays healthy. I'm not worried about his age becasue you have had a lot of LT go deep in their 30's and even hit 40 and be very good. 

Not a fan of Brown coming back. Respect that he cowboyed up last year, in fact I really respect it, but he wasn't good at all and we could not run the ball whatsoever to the left side. Him and Tomlinson cannot be together again next year or who we get at QB will make too insignificant of a difference. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

oh boy that would really hurt us. This would be the Jets luck too

If buff got Henry and I were Jets GM I'd be tempted to outright punt the season. Extend the rebuild by a year to stock more talent.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like D. Henry is being shopped around. If he went to KC that could be very scary. 

I think they will/should trade him to the NFC. What does that make you look like by trading your best player to an AFC team. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looks like D. Henry is being shopped around. If he went to KC that could be very scary. 

Funny that they would get rid of their best playmaker yet want to keep Tanny.  If they are going to rebuild, then rebuild.  I get that it is better trading a player a year too early than a year too late, but the Titans O ran through Henry not Tanny.

Looks like K.C. is going to let Orlando Brown hit the open market. Jets cut Lawson and sign Brown to multiple year deal. Bingo! Talk about hitting a home run for the O line! Let Brown walk June 1 and I have 11 million reasons.

Financially the Jets would be fantastic, adding OB to the Jets would be another reason for AR to come to N.Y.

11 minutes ago, Big T said:

Looks like K.C. is going to let Orlando Brown hit the open market. Jets cut Lawson and sign Brown to multiple year deal. Bingo! Talk about hitting a home run for the O line! Let Brown walk June 1 and I have 11 million reasons.

Financially the Jets would be fantastic, adding OB to the Jets would be another reason for AR to come to N.Y.

Sounds so simple but does Orlando even want to be a Jet. That is the biggest hurdle of them all.