2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Rodgers made wishlist for Jets so he will come.  If not, it is okay because Hackett needs a proven physical WR on the roster.

You're right. Laz isn't a bad option. I'm starting to not care if he comes or not. Maybe hackett can turn him into a 1k yards WR. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

You're right. Laz isn't a bad option. I'm starting to not care if he comes or not. Maybe hackett can turn him into a 1k yards WR. 

If that's it for WR room then I certainly hope Moore and Wilson still can play deep game because it isn't in Lazard's card.

Just now, JetsandI said:

If that's it for WR room then I certainly hope Moore and Wilson still can play deep game because it isn't in Lazard's card.

I still don't know how I feel about Moore at the moment. I think he is better than what happened last season because of the QB situation, but if there is a potential upgrade out there, I'd consider trading him. I don't know if he's basically Jamison Crowder 2.0 or not. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I still don't know how I feel about Moore at the moment. I think he is better than what happened last season because of the QB situation, but if there is a potential upgrade out there, I'd consider trading him. I don't know if he's basically Jamison Crowder 2.0 or not. 

True.  

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

True.  

I'll give it time. I've already voiced my concerns about Rodgers. I do trust JD with his ability to make moves with little money and the draft. So it will be interesting to see what he does after Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Jets are not trading Moore and he will be a big part of the offense.  Lazard is a big physical WR to compliment what we have. He will replace Corey Davis who couldn't stay healthy for us.

Lazard isn't brought in to be WR1. And going rate for mid WR2s in FA is around $10-11 mil per. 

Garrett Wilson is WR1, Elijah Moore could end up being WR2, Lazard big body WR3. 

Rodgers wish list is not a contingent on him coming here or not, if we can't bring in a guy like OBJ, Rodgers will be okay.

This deal is done, Rodgers is coming here, it's guaranteed. Rodgers was recruiting for us, had a lengthy conversation with a OL to come here. There is no "what if he doesn't come here", he is coming here it just isn't official yet. 

No Lazard thread?

I like this pickup about as much as I liked the Corey Davis pickup. Davis couldn't stay healthy but was solid enough when he was. Lazard is a really useful player and I've always been a fan. Can move him all over and create mismatches. Will help RedZone problems.

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We should be doing what the new Knicks are doing but instead we’re doing what the old Knicks are doing.

The Knicks aren’t winning a championship. They’re vastly improved and way more consistent… but still not on the level of the top teams to win a series.

We add AR. We are in that tier. And if there’s ever a time to do this… it’s a year after we in essence just had 4 1st rounders. Go for it when you have a lot of talent on rookie contracts.

I’ll continue to ask those who don’t like this decision. What would you do different instead? Go after Lamar? That’s not happening. JD isn’t giving a fully guaranteed deal and we’d have to give up more draft capital and for a guy that can’t play a whole season. Then who? Wentz, Brissett, still believe in Zach, etc? No thank you.

9 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Jet fans are miserable, man. We should be running through the streets right now. Instead, we’re complaining about the potential 5th WR and 4th TE? Insane.

Yeah, lets run through the streets for a one or two year rental of a 40 year old QB who will blow our cap in the future while also bringing in his old buddies that are not needed so our young guys including an OROY can be ignored by said old guy.  And should we just ignore the fact that his "demands" are emasculating our GM?  At this point, we better win the SB or this whole ****show is a massive failure.  Can't wait to run through the streets.

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah, lets run through the streets for a one or two year rental of a 40 year old QB who will blow our cap in the future while also bringing in his old buddies that are not needed so our young guys including an OROY can be ignored by said old guy.  And should we just ignore the fact that his "demands" are emasculating our GM?  At this point, we better win the SB or this whole ****show is a massive failure.  Can't wait to run through the streets.

You’re totally right. The Jets should forget about Rodgers and just go sign Jacoby Brissett. That’s what a serious team would do. 

41 minutes ago, xrade said:

So what have we done other than add a solid #2 receiver on a decent deal? All this talk about the other players is just talk for now.

Just enjoy the ride. We had some dark days in the Idzik, Maccagnan and Gase days. Plus the first year with JD & Saleh just let it play out and enjoy it man.