2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I mean he fits the clown show environment we’re so passionate about 

More disappointment, I really have nothing positive to say about Hackett other than he has a few seasons of prolific rushing attacks. 

Most of his offenses were pathetic.  The years in GB mean nothing because he wasn't even calling plays. The other seasons as OC were not good. 

I much rather go with Klint Kubiak, Brian Johnson, or anyone else. 

Edited by NYJets4716

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Everything you've said in your last couple of posts tells me you don't actually know football.

Stroud is garbage??? Your opinion is garbage.

So because I don't think that a player who hasn't played a single snap of NFL football is good I don't know football? 

I've probably watched far more CJ stroud games than you over the past two years and from what I've gathered he is not good. He ranked 97th out of 144 when under pressure according to PFF. This man was throwing to 4 first round picks in his 2 years at Ohio State and still didn't win anything. His WRs were so good that top 10 NFL draft pick Jameson Williams had to transfer because he couldn't even get on the field. He had a significant advantage at every single position across the board when facing 99% of teams. Despite this he loses to Michigan not once but twice? After every single ohio state qb beat them over the past decade. And not to mention none of those guys were even good in the pros? 

Now I know a prospect shouldn't necessarily be held to a level of team success but I think it's a valid point.

Going back to the pressure thing, how are you rated 97th out of 144 when being pressured when you legitimately have an advantage at every single matchup on the field?

Yeah he's not that good. He just had an incredible supporting cast and inflated his stats significantly. I'm all set on him.

But because I don't like a certain prospect I don't know football. Gotcha

Today Bobby 816 mention Jacoby Brissett

Before everybody gets nervous &  jerky neither bobby or me is pushing to get Brissett. But take a look at his stats for a backup QB who had bad receivers' last season. And did not play a full season

ATT       COMP      %            yards          TD          INT

369        236           64%       2608           12           6

WE DID NOT HAVE A STARTING QB WHO COULD PUT UP THOSE NUMBERS.

One thing with a Rodgers trade, with Zach sitting behind him for a few years, soaking everything up, since Aaron his idol and they already seem to have a relationship, maybe it brings out the best of him and get the guy we thought we were out of college if Aaron retires

20 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

One thing with a Rodgers trade, with Zach sitting behind him for a few years, soaking everything up, since Aaron his idol and they already seem to have a relationship, maybe it brings out the best of him and get the guy we thought we were out of college if Aaron retires

It’s really a perfect scenario. Biggest hurdle being compensation most likely. 

Rodgers takes over the next 2 seasons, Zach transforms his mind and fundamentals over the course of those seasons. 

Way better than banking on bum *** Derek Carr.

• Like 1