Wild Card Round: Giants (9-7-1) at VIKINGS (13-4)

swede700

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

The come on phase has been a cycle. I support the team. And will even if we resign. All I did was move off the bandwagon. I’ve done a lot of supporting in the bad times. All I’m saying if I’m not working another 3 year extension on him.

I don’t want that either, but I would like to see another 1 year extension. Why undo everything that made this team work this year? It was the worst decision he could have made, but I’m not moving on just yet.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I haven’t gave up on a Vikings player in a long time, but I have a hard time negotiating another contract after that. You can’t throw that pass. You just can’t. 

Oh yeah? Who are you going to bring in? Derek Carr? Carson Wentz? Taylor Heinicke? This team isn’t anywhere near a franchise quarterback in the draft. And I do not think we go into 2024 without a quarterback under contract.

• Like 1

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I don’t want that either, but I would like to see another 1 year extension. Why undo everything that made this team work this year? It was the worst decision he could have made, but I’m not moving on just yet.

The problem we have is to keep Kirk, the defense basically has to get worse. We can’t bring in veterans and rookies won’t do it…. The scheme won’t change. We aren’t going back to a 4-3. This is part of what KOC wants 

1 minute ago, Morlee said:

Essentially, yes.  But most would label you a hater for saying something this obvious. 

The cupcake schedule isn’t wholly true.  They beat the Packers, Lions, Commanders, Bills, Jets (when they were good), etc, and those were pretty good teams. 

However, yes.  Something my needs to change. A lot needs to change. I can’t stand the Wilfs philosophy towards football, as “Re-tooling” isn’t a thing if you want a Super Bowl.  Maybe keep Kirk another year and have a QBOTF sit behind him for 2023. 

Kirk has a good 3 years left in him here.

They need to get rid of these old players but it was hard for KOC and KAM to really clear house coming into this year but I see them taking out the trash this off season.

bye bye to:

Cook

Thielen 

Kendricks

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Oh yeah? Who are you going to bring in? Derek Carr? Carson Wentz? Taylor Heinicke? This team isn’t anywhere near a franchise quarterback in the draft. And I do not think we go into 2024 without a quarterback under contract.

I’m not saying that. But I think you have to look a little to the future. Sign Kirk, how will we improve the team. At some point Kirk will be done, we just have to decide when. 

is there a mortgaging the future option in 2024?

8 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

They had a cupcake schedule and got smoked by the good teams.

This roster is depleted of talents and it needs to be replenished.

Time to start the rebuild.

Cupcake schedule? Really?  This is the NFL...there is no such thing as an easy/cupcake schedule!  The Vikings are nowhere near needing to rebuild. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Kirk has a good 3 years left in him here.

They need to get rid of these old players but it was hard for KOC and KAM to really clear house coming into this year but I see them taking out the trash this off season.

bye bye to:

Cook

Thielen 

Kendricks

And smith. The problem is how fast the fans turn on him with every bit of success they will have elsewhere. Between ownership, GM, and HC there has to be a lot of understand what’s going to happen these next couple years

Just now, wcblack34 said:

Cousins lead eight4 quarter, game-winning drives this season. I he led a bunch of great fourth-quarter drives last season. He’s never going to get any respect.

The respect from me from those games will always be there. The problem is if you don’t have at least a capable defense we won’t do more that what we have done