Wild Card Round: Giants (9-7-1) at VIKINGS (13-4)

swede700

Just now, KeithVikings28 said:

Kirk has a good 3 years left in him here.

They need to get rid of these old players but it was hard for KOC and KAM to really clear house coming into this year but I see them taking out the trash this off season.

bye bye to:

Cook

Thielen 

Kendricks

Well now since they do not even run the ball anymore maybe on Cook.  One can find very quality RBs in the draft in the later rounds.  

All these guys could bring things Cook did, and Achane absolutely has the speed, so does Vaughn and Spears.  

Deuce Vaughn Kansas State JR  3-4 rounds
Devon Achane Texas A&M JR  3-5 rounds
Tyjea Spears Tulane RS JR  4-5 rounds
Israel Abanikanda Pitt JR  3-5 rounds
Kenny McIntosh Georgia  6-7 rounds
Zach Evans Ole Miss JR  7 round or UDFA
Evan Hull Northwestern RS JR  7 round or UDFA
Sean Tucker Syracuse RS SOPH  7 round or UDFA
Tiyon Evans Louisville JR UDFA

Kendricks just does not seem to fit in the system but same can be said for Harrison Smith.  The ILB class is not great so that would hurt, might be harder to find a rookie replacement for Kendricks.  

Patrick Peterson is a free agent and not sure Booth is some great corner or Evans.  Also Joseph is a free agent at Kicker, so is Udoh, Bradbury and Irv Smith but those are not as big of losses.  

Vikings are -$8 mil in cap space next year which is 23rd worst in the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Cupcake schedule? Really?  This is the NFL...there is no such thing as an easy/cupcake schedule!  The Vikings are nowhere near needing to rebuild. 

The rebuild is a misleading term. The defense does need some help. 

the problem is where would have we been better… 0-11 in the close games or 11-0? 

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Well now since they do not even run the ball anymore maybe on Cook.  One can find very quality RBs in the draft in the later rounds.  

All these guys could bring things Cook did, and Achane absolutely has the speed, so does Vaughn and Spears.  

Deuce Vaughn Kansas State JR  3-4 rounds
Devon Achane Texas A&M JR  3-5 rounds
Tyjea Spears Tulane RS JR  4-5 rounds
Israel Abanikanda Pitt JR  3-5 rounds
Kenny McIntosh Georgia  6-7 rounds
Zach Evans Ole Miss JR  7 round or UDFA
Evan Hull Northwestern RS JR  7 round or UDFA
Sean Tucker Syracuse RS SOPH  7 round or UDFA
Tiyon Evans Louisville JR UDFA

Kendricks just does not seem to fit in the system but same can be said for Harrison Smith.  The ILB class is not great so that would hurt, might be harder to find a rookie replacement for Kendricks.  

Patrick Peterson is a free agent and not sure Booth is some great corner or Evans.  Also Joseph is a free agent at Kicker, so is Udoh, Bradbury and Irv Smith but those are not as big of losses.  

Vikings are -$8 mil in cap space next year which is 23rd worst in the NFL.  

dude, how many times do you have to be told/asked/begged with to make these posts in the DRAFT THREAD we have?

thank you.

Well fellas I’m already at peace with this loss. I had no confidence we’d win and I was right. Having said that I really don’t understand The hate for Kirk. Our defense cost us the game today not him. If O’Connell doesn’t overhaul his defense he will be in the soup line soon. I think he is a good offensive coach and that’s it. He needs a strong DC and he doesn’t currently have it. 

• Like 4

That last 4 plays was poor by KOC. I think the 2:00 warning coming (and trying to and run additional plays before the 2:00 was not right). They looked rushed and got nothing out of 1st and 2nd down. Not much from 3rd down after the stoppage. then terrible short pass on fourth. Cousins should have been driving the ball down the field on all 4 passes or run plays on 1st or 2nd down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

dude, how many times do you have to be told/asked/begged with to make these posts in the DRAFT THREAD we have?

thank you.

It is all relative, the dude brought up getting rid of Cook, I brought up easy options for replacement which is very common in the NFL to draft a mid to late round RB then just get another when the contract is up.  I think the thread will be fine dude.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Good game, guys. And a tough one to be on the other side of. Best wishes to the Vikings.

Thanks. You guys play with so much heart and Barkley is ridiculous to tackle. I’ll be cheering loudly for big blue against the hated eagles. I HATE that team! Good luck Giants

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I haven’t gave up on a Vikings player in a long time, but I have a hard time negotiating another contract after that. You can’t throw that pass. You just can’t. 

Don’t have interest in watching parts of the game again.

Pressure was there and he had to throw it when he did, no?

If so:

Were there any other receivers open? 

If not, at least he gave Hock a fighting chance (whoever slim).

2 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Thanks. You guys play with so much heart and Barkley is ridiculous to tackle. I’ll be cheering loudly for big blue against the hated eagles. I HATE that team! Good luck Giants

Yeah, I love the way the Giants are constructed. I don’t know who I’m rooting for from here on out, but the Giants are as likeable as any.